"you cant see me" vs mile high salute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "you cant see me" vs mile high salute

Someone in another thread suggested that this thread be created since the other one had wandered off topic.

For my part, I prefer the Mile High Salute. Unless I am mistaken TD was the first Denver player to use it, and it became the team's celebration during the superbowl years. I can remember Rod Smith, Eddie Mac, TD, and even Elway using it during those years.

Since the Superbowl years the only players I can recall using it were Peyton Hillis and Lendale White. I do remember MJD using it against us in a Jags vs Broncos game at Invesco though.

As for the , "you can't see me" hand motion, I think it's kind of lame. When you consider the year we had in 2010 and the amount of times the motion was used AFTER we were clearly losing the game, it became even more embarrassing in my opinion.

I like the players who make a TD, hand off the ball to the ref, and head for the sidelines. Those guys act like they have been there before. To me, the MHS or just handing the ball to the ref and heading off the field is the epitome of class. Sure this is an intense game, and an emotional game, so I don't blame them for the chest bumps and things of that nature where they are letting their excitement show. It's the planned celebrations or celebratory moves that sometimes seem kind of stupid, especially when its not the game winning TD.

For the love of GOD PLEASE don't connect us to something that has ANYTHING to do with or could be compared to John Cena.

MILE HIGH SALUTE.

Comment

I think it is obvious that the Mile High Salute will always have a meaningful and special place for Broncos fans; especially those who were around to experience the two Super Bowl seasons.

As for the "you can't see me" motion, I think it is a lame celebration. I wouldn't like the gesture even if the team were 16-0 with another Super Bowl victory.

Comment

Cassius Vaughn scored our last TD of the year and gave us the mile high salute.

Hopefully 2011 kicks off just like the end of 2010 as far as that's concerned and may the mile high salute be a fixture during the Broncos success to come in the next few years
        sigpic
        St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

The ultimate for Broncos fans in 2011 = Tim Tebow adopting the Mile High Salute.

Comment

IMO I am not crazy about the gesture you are talking about and didnt' like it when they were doing it. That said, I am all into our players celebrating when they make a touch down especially when down. I remember people complaining when Kno celebrated when we were being blown out. I don't like being blown out but I like it even less when players give up and that showed me He was still giving it what he had to give and was very much still in the game even though maybe we weren't. So IMO as long as they are still trying I say let them celebrate when they achieve.

Further on the celebration topic: I miss the old days when multiple players were allowed to celebrate and do dances in the end zone, it probably went to far when they started using props such as telephones, but IMO now we are too far the other way and I would like to see some of that back. It was very entertaining and I think very motivating for the offense and opposing defense.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Neither one has anything on the Mile High Back flip that Gerald Willhite used to show.

ORANGE CRUSH BABY!

Comment

I wonder if anyone here has access to Tebow ( I think there are a few on here who know him personally), or perhaps a way to let Elway and the FO know that we as fans, would love to see the mile high salute make a come back?

I did forget about Cassius Vaughn using it last year, that was phenomenal.

Comment

I personally like the MHS way better. It's saluting the fans, the teammates, everyone. It's an "us" celebration

The face wave is a "me" celebration. I don't mind it, I'm glad to see the guys having fun out there. But it's not particularly endearing.

As far as TD celebrations, I love it when they let out emotion, have fun, put on a show. Tebow's scream/flex is one of my favorites. The hand the ball to the ref and walk away may be "classy", but it's also boring as hell. At least give me a dunk-the-ball-over-the-crossbar, or even better a good old fashion spike!

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                    Neither one has anything on the Mile High Back flip that Gerald Willhite used to show.

ORANGE CRUSH BABY!

I had forgotten his backflip. The thing is though, I don't want some of our players in body casts when they try it and aren't as athletically gifted as he was..lol

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                      The hand the ball to the ref and walk away may be "classy", but it's also boring as hell.
                      I always thought Barry Sanders had an aura of coolness about him when he would hand the ball off to the ref.

Comment

not too crazy about either tbh

Comment

Every team in the league has players that do the "you can't see me". It's kind of annoying.

http://vimeo.com/11329677

^^^Movie by Trey Parker and Matt Stone and kinda how I feel...
                          Last edited by JaysusCutler; 01-19-2011, 02:33 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Blondie79

Comment

I kinda liked Sammy Winder's dance!! Not to sure about "u can't see me"

Comment

I love the you can't see me hand motion. Anyone that hates it is lame.

Comment

Working...
                              X