Looking ahead to next years schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking ahead to next years schedule

Didn't see this posted anywhere. Sorry if it has been discussed already.
    I know I am looking way ahead but with all the Coaching changes and I am sure personnel moves to come, I wanted to look at next years opponents. It's going to be tough!

The Denver Broncos will play the teams from the AFC East and the NFC North. Their at-large games will be against a team from the AFC North and AFC South.

In addition to the Broncos typical home and away divisional series with the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers, here are the teams the Broncos will host at home. The Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals, Detroit Lions and Minnesota Vikings.

On the road, the Broncos will take on, the New England Patriots, New York Jets, Tennessee Titans, Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers.

Exact dates of the games will not be released until some time in the spring.

If the NFL decides to expand to a 18 game schedule, the additional games will feature a home game against an undetermined AFC South opponent and a road game against a AFC North opponent.

http://www.broncoscentral.com/2011/0...schedule.html/

Looks like we should have a good home record but our away games are going to be killers going against at least 3 of this years play off teams. I don't believe we will have as poor a year as we had this year. The team will definitely find out how they stack up against the really good teams. Hopefully the Fox will have them ready!
    Last edited by nakajoe; 01-22-2011, 05:58 AM. Reason: mispelling

The 2 at large games have already been determined. They will be against the Browns and Titans. Dont know which is home and which is away though.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

There is a correction to that. Denver plays Minnesota on the road, and chicago at home. In week 17 of 2007 Denver defeated minnesota at home in overtime. That same year around week 13 Sauerbraun kicked to Hester and he returned it for two scores in Chicago and lost
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nakajoe View Post
        Didn't see this posted anywhere. Sorry if it has been discussed already.
        I know I am looking way ahead but with all the Coaching changes and I am sure personnel moves to come, I wanted to look at next years opponents. It's going to be tough!

The Denver Broncos will play the teams from the AFC East and the NFC North. Their at-large games will be against a team from the AFC North and AFC South.

In addition to the Broncos typical home and away divisional series with the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers, here are the teams the Broncos will host at home. The Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals, Detroit Lions and Minnesota Vikings.

On the road, the Broncos will take on, the New England Patriots, New York Jets, Tennessee Titans, Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers.

Exact dates of the games will not be released until some time in the spring.

If the NFL decides to expand to a 18 game schedule, the additional games will feature a home game against an undetermined AFC South opponent and a road game against a AFC North opponent.

http://www.broncoscentral.com/2011/0...schedule.html/

Looks like we should have a good home record but our away games are going to be killers going against at least 3 of this years play off teams. I don't believe we will have as poor a year as we had this year. The team will definitely find out how they stack up against the really good teams. Hopefully the Fox will have them ready!
        My season ticket book says the home games are:
        Patriots
        Jets
        Bears
        Lions
        KC
        Oakland
        Chargers
        Bengals
        sigpic

Comment

So next year we will play against:

Jay Cutler
          Brandon Marshall
          Peyton Hillis
          Tony Scheffler
          Alphonso Smith

Think they will be super pumped and have good games against us? Hope not.
          sigpic
          Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Wow, even at full strength with a good team, we would have a tough schedule. You'd think they would cut a 4-12 team some slack.... guess not. LOL
            sigpic

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

Comment

At least a lot of our tough games are at Denver instead of on the road.

Comment

Broncos will be lucky to go 4-4 next year at home, better beef up for some road wins! That's a tough schedule.

Comment

Do we definitively know where we will be playing our NFC opponents? We have played Seattle at home in 2006 and 2010, and also played the Cardinals in Arizona in 2006 and 2010. So they don't necessarily swap locations every 4 years.
                  sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by JJGBPD View Post
                    Wow, even at full strength with a good team, we would have a tough schedule. You'd think they would cut a 4-12 team some slack.... guess not. LOL
                    Well the schedule is simply based on a rotation. No team truly gets an easier schedule for a poor season.

its simple: 6 divisional games. 4 games from an entire afc division and 4 games from an entire nfc division. Then take the conference your in and your team plays 1 team from the remaining divisions and that team will be played based on where they finished.

ex for next year: Denver plays Oakland, Kansas City and San Diego 2 times each. They also play the afc east (Bills, Patriots, Jets, Dolphins) and the nfc north (Bears, Packers, Lions, Vikings). The remaining two games are against the bengals from the afc north and the titans from the afc south. Denver plays the titans and bengals because like denver, they finished last in their division.2 seasons from now the afc and nfc divisions we play will rotate!So there you go! thats how it works
                    sigpic
                    Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Going to try to fly out for a game in Denver this season, but may have to go see the Broncos in Tennessee.

Looking forward to the official schedule release. I think that game agains the Bears will be on primetime, either Sunday Night on NBC or Monday night on ESPN.
                      sigpic

Comment

Im hoping for a great turnaround...if not with this schedule we're in trouble.

Comment

5-6 wins tops.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                            At least a lot of our tough games are at Denver instead of on the road.
                            like that has mattered a whole lot since Mile High was destroyed.

but hopefully that changes starting next season.

how about we be the first team to go 21-0 ??

i like it. let's do it.
                            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                              like that has mattered a whole lot since Mile High was destroyed.

but hopefully that changes starting next season.

how about we be the first team to go 21-0 ??

i like it. let's do it.
                              Word.........
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                              X