Why wasn't Quentin Griffin successful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
    Uggh. Q got the game ball because everyone was trashing the kid for fumbling the ball every game. Shanny did it to boost his confidence, and probably for going one game without fumbling. Q did keep some drives alive sure, but he killed ALOT more drives with his fumbles.
    killed alot more drives? he fumbled three times with one a bad handoff,, lets not blow it up please. look i supported Q, and i think q could and will do alot for us, but lets be real. i also support reuben cause he is tearing it up right now, i am a team homer not a single player homer! when q was running we ran mostly one back sets, mike since then changed that to a full back lead, something alot of us were saying was a problem
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by 56crash
      LMAO CP a power back oh my cp was took down with hand tackles so keep up the great work
      But CP hit the holes fast and with authority, he also made better decisions. If the hole wasn't there, he cut back. Q just runs where the hole is supposed to be, regardless of if it is there.
      Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

that may be true ....

Comment

Originally posted by 56crash
          that may be true ....
          thats not true Q made cuts at the line. He shook one guy after a cutback in TB and i specifically remember in the KC game, the commentator said "all the great runningbacks can do what this guy just did, he stops completely..." he was talking about the cut griffin made when the hole he was looking for never came

i dont want it to seem like i am just waiting for droughns to slip so griffin can get back in, i love what droughns is doing, i just dont want people to cast off griffin as the reason the run game stalled, cause thats not true.
          dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

It is true. I am not saying that Q is a bad rb. He has a lot to learn though. He had some plays where he did cut back, but the majority of the time he ran where the hole should have been and kept running right into it even though nothing was there. He needs to learn a little patience and let the play develop instead of running headlong into a defenders arms.
            Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Re: Seto

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
              Big backs work well in Denver? Terrel Davis was 5'11" and 215. You think Portis (5'11" 205) was big?? What about Orlandis Gary, he wasn't a big back either.

I also disagree with your comment saying that our short yardage blocking isn't very good.
              You are partially correct when they first started, they were both 5'11" but nowhere near 215 and 205. Terell when he started a was about 208 tops probabaly 203 and pooorti$ was closer to 195 than 200. I'm sure there are sites out there to support this information or someone if they are honest about it will remember.

Let me restate some of the stuff I've said before and some of the others have also.

RD started because Q had a sprained ankle. No other reason, he could not play and they did not have the confidence in tater or hearst to get the job done.

RD started last week because he earned it the week before.

Rd is running well behind a line that is blocking better than it did in games 2-4.

Rd is getting blocking from johnson and carswell that RD did not make when he was in as blocking back.

Rd has benefited from a spread formation that was not used in the JAX and SAN games.

Q had bad play calling during his games mostly off center and OG almost nothing to the outside. Was not his strength should have been some some change ups.

RD has not run against the same D line that Q saw in JAX.

RD did not have 8-9 in the box in the panther game, although it did not seem to matter against OAK. Seemed like OAK just can't do anything right.

All said and done RD should be the starter until such time as he is hurt or in ineffective.

Comment

i just dont know why shanny wouldnt run more draws and delays and tosses and etc with grffin i mean he had a nice 25 yard TD off a draw play, and nice 47 yard TD run off a delayed handoff then a bunch of smashmouth runs? he has been good on screens too, i know it goes a little away from what we normally do on offense but with griffin thats where he was at his best.
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Re: Re: Seto

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                  You are partially correct when they first started, they were both 5'11" but nowhere near 215 and 205. Terell when he started a was about 208 tops probabaly 203 and pooorti$ was closer to 195 than 200. I'm sure there are sites out there to support this information or someone if they are honest about it will remember.

Let me restate some of the stuff I've said before and some of the others have also.

RD started because Q had a sprained ankle. No other reason, he could not play and they did not have the confidence in tater or hearst to get the job done.

Rd is running well behind a line that is blocking better than it did in games 2-4.

Rd is getting blocking from johnson and carswell that RD did not make when he was in as blocking back.

Rd has benefited from a spread formation that was not used in the JAX and SAN games.

Q had bad play calling during his games mostly off center and OG almost nothing to the outside. Was not his strength should have been some some change ups.

RD did not have 8-9 in the box in the panther game, although it did not seem to matter against OAK. Seemed like OAK just can't do anything right.

All said and done RD should be the starter until such time as he is hurt or in ineffective.
                  Thank you, thats what i was trying to say.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Whoooo! im the 100th poster!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bellthebest
                      I just dont think hes our type of back, he cannot bowl through tackles like our other backs and droughns just leaves people on the floor when he goes through them. And dont anyone say that we didnt give him any chances because he did great against the chiefs(but who doesent run all over them) against the jags he had 66 yards, against san diego he got like 12 yards, against tampa he got like 66 or 67 and he was injured against the panthers.
                      Sounds like you have a vested interest with your name
                      Bellthebeast.

But beyond that, against some of the best DT's in the game he had no blocking NO ONE ran during that game.

SAN stacked the line with 8-9 in the box.

Against TPA he got 60 some odd yards at the end of the game when the chips were down & they had to run out the clock and that was when he sprained the ankle that kept him out of the Panthers game.

Comment

• Griffin has good vision, but its like he never waits for the holes.

Comment

• Re: Re: Seto

Originally posted by Jrhampton

thankyou !!!!!!
                          you are right i am glad that some of us watch the games and see the differances in the game planning the last two games to the two before,, totaly differant game plans which brought on some great run games, and was not just as simple as putting in a differant back
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• After the first game it seems from what I saw that Q got timid. Putting the rock on the ground in three straight games isn't going indear any player to their head coach. Also when your ypc drops from over 7 to 3.6 its ultimately cost you your job, especially if you couple that with .7ypc for one game. Say what you will, point the finger elsewhere if must, but it doesn't change the fact he was ineffective.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              After the first game it seems from what I saw that Q got timid. Putting the rock on the ground in three straight games isn't going indear any player to their head coach. Also when your ypc drops from over 7 to 3.6 its ultimately cost you your job, especially if you couple that with .7ypc for one game. Say what you will, point the finger elsewhere if must, but it doesn't change the fact he was ineffective.
                              Exactly Tex, he was timid. His confidence was broken at that point. Remember the game against SD when he had 12 carries for 7 yards? Thats when I knew he wasn't cut out to be a feature back for a whole 16 game season.
                              The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

• Originally posted by luvdembroncs
                                It is true. I am not saying that Q is a bad rb. He has a lot to learn though. He had some plays where he did cut back, but the majority of the time he ran where the hole should have been and kept running right into it even though nothing was there. He needs to learn a little patience and let the play develop instead of running headlong into a defenders arms.

He has forgotten more about running than you will ever know. Till you have walked in his shoes, looking at up at no hole where it is supposed to be don't make stupid comments about him.

How many time has he made a cut on the field that was unbeleiveable more times than "running headlong into a defenders arms" When the line is not blocking sometime there is no where to go and I suspect that the coaches have told him not to cut back the other direction to try and make a play. Saw that a lot when watching some of his college games.

His stength is the draw, swing pass and a pitch out. Just how many of those were called in JAX and SAN. Oppose to the up the gut calls. There was NO mix.

Don't blame Q for shoddy calls or bad blocking.

Hard to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
                                Last edited by Jrhampton; 10-21-2004, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X