• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GIVEME6
    Bench Warmer
    • Oct 2003

Why wasn't Quentin Griffin successful?

Since "we can plug any back in the system and make him a 1,000 yard back", why didn't Q fall into that same stereotype?
  • brom66an6
    Special Teams
    • Sep 2003

He isn't our type of one cut back. He likes to make multiple cuts and dance around like barry used to do.
    Smith's First Catch
    "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

• PLUMMERFAN16
      Bench Warmer
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by brom66an6
      He isn't our type of one cut back. He likes to make multiple cuts and dance around like barry used to do.
      I never saw Q dance around like Barry.

Comment

• brom66an6
        Special Teams
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
        I never saw Q dance around like Barry.
        He was never given the chance to do that here. I watched some of his highlights (from college) and he danced around in some of the highlights.
        Smith's First Catch
        "It was Sept. 17, 1995, and as the clock ticked down to 0:00 in the game against Washington at Mile High Stadium, Smith outleaped the great Darrell Green to catch the game-winning touchdown pass from Elway."

Comment

• Orange_Crush21
          Special Teams
          • Mar 2004

To me, and this is just me, it looked like he was having trouble finding the right hole. It seemed that he would just run to the line of scrimmage and fall down.

I think it's possible that Rube's time at fullback helped him tremendously when it came to reading his blocks and knowing where to run.

Comment

• communist
            Practice Squad
            • Sep 2004

I think Q has a great heart, but I think his physical stats are the reason for him not being successfull.

He might have been doing good in College, but in the NFL, the OL and the opposite D line have guys who are 6ft+ and way a good 250lbs+... I think sometimes Q was running blind behind the O-line...

AND HE NEEDS TO LEARN HOW NOT TO FUMBLE!!! THATS WHY WE ARE 5-1 and not 6-0.

Comment

• RBDynasty
              Special Teams
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Orange_Crush21
              To me, and this is just me, it looked like he was having trouble finding the right hole. It seemed that he would just run to the line of scrimmage and fall down.

I think it's possible that Rube's time at fullback helped him tremendously when it came to reading his blocks and knowing where to run.
              I sort of agree with that. Q was getting hit either in the backfield or right at the line because he either couldn't make the cut due to bad blocking or he just didn't make the right cut because he didn't see the hole.

RD has the power to break tackles and shake that initial hit in the backfield and at the line. That's what the difference is.

Besides, Q is more of an outside runner anyway, so to have him run up the middle is just asking for loss yardages, no gains, and fumbles. If we were to tailor our running game to a back like Q, then, sure, he'd have success. Either that or we can just play against the Chiefs defense every week
              Last edited by RBDynasty; 10-19-2004, 09:32 PM.
              The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

• PLUMMERFAN16
                Bench Warmer
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by communist
                I think Q has a great heart, but I think his physical stats are the reason for him not being successfull.

He might have been doing good in College, but in the NFL, the OL and the opposite D line have guys who are 6ft+ and way a good 250lbs+... I think sometimes Q was running blind behind the O-line...

AND HE NEEDS TO LEARN HOW NOT TO FUMBLE!!! THATS WHY WE ARE 5-1 and not 6-0.
                To be fair to Q, we had plenty of opportunities to win in Jacksonville but we didn't take advantage of them. The fumble obviously got the brunt of that loss and rightfully so, but that's not the sole reason for that loss.

Comment

• Booher
                  Special Teams
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by brom66an6
                  He was never given the chance to do that here. I watched some of his highlights (from college) and he danced around in some of the highlights.
                  Yea with denver's blocking scheme the one cut and go is the optimum back however I think Q could make some big plays as a kick returner he is a small agile guy......
                  Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

• baileyforprez.
                    Starter
                    • Mar 2004

its not as simple as plug any back, quentin griffin might have a career like warrick dunn, but since we dont run the atlanta style offense (even though now they have the same blocking style) quentin wont work. reuben has a little bit of TD, a little bit of Sammy Morris, and a whole lot of shiny white teeth.
                    Blet

Comment

• Ravage!!!
                      Trouble
                      • Feb 2004

Quentin just didn't ahve that huge BURST through the hole that has authority.

Comment

• rcsodak
                        Step UP, or Step OFF!
                        • Oct 2003

Q had rd running in front of him, not to mention a newly formed line. RD has HOUSE/Hape running in front of him, with the line gelling (like magellan).
                        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• 24CHAMP24
                          Practice Squad
                          • Jul 2004

He was just flat out to small. Everytime he got hit he was falling backwards.

Comment

• MN-Broncofreak
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Jul 2004

I think he put a lot of pressure on himself too. You need to have a certain type of personality to be able to shake off a mistake and turn around and perform well.
                            Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

• bleedbluorange
                              Special Teams
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Orange_Crush21

I have made those very same points on this board. I couldnt agree with you more.

Comment

Working...
                              X