Clear All

• ARBroncos
    replied
    great post^^^^

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsolo
    I do know that Carolina was ranked like 28 or 29 against the run. I'm sure it's worse now after what Rueben did to them....lol.

Oakland gives up 138 yards per game rushing.
    Carolina gives up 143.4.
    Jacksonville gives up 115.
    Tampa 124.5.
    San Diego 85.7
    Kansas City 126.4
    Current numbers
    team***rank per game

DENVER *** [email protected]
    SAN*******[email protected]
    JAX*******[email protected]
    TPA*******[email protected]
    KC********[email protected]
    OAK******[email protected]
    CAR******[email protected]

Now factor out what DEN did against them

[email protected]+ our 85 for our game
    [email protected]+ our 106 for our game
    [email protected]+ our 111 for our game
    [email protected] + our 202 for the game
    [email protected] + our 254 for the game
    [email protected] + our 210 for our game

It is plain that when we run and no matter who we ran well against and regardles of who was running during the game. We did good

NOTE KC Q
    OAK & CAR RD when the blocking was there we almost doubled their average allowed yards.

Against SAN and TPA we were just an Average team against them and JAX just held us below their average of what they allowed.

As I posted in oother threads the play selection against JAX was primarily run into their strength the DT's regardless of who was running. When we ran away from the DT we did much better.

So I'll get on my horse once again and give cudos to both Q and Rd for good games when the play selection was good and shame on Mikey for poor play selection primarily against JAX and for doing what the D allowed in the SAN and TPA games.

donning my asbestos gear awaiting replies.

BTW prior to this year, I believe that during Mikeys regime in DEN we had NEVER won a game in Florida. Remember that in the JAX game our guys were droppng like flies from cramps and dehydration. Those poor bastards were sweating it out faster than they could drink it. Until the sun went down and there was shade the entire team did poorly. we seemd to get a second wind at that point. It was not just Q.

Leave a comment:

• mrsolo
    replied
    Originally posted by Booher
    It's not all about the yards it's the ball control too.
    That's true. I just posted these because someone asked about the rushing defense of our opponents.

Leave a comment:

• DaBroncs
    replied
    RBDynasty

Dante Hall is only six or seven illegal blocks in the backfield from returning a punt or kickoff for a touchdown.

Ain't nothin' truer..

Love the sig..

Leave a comment:

• Booher
    replied
    It's not all about the yards it's the ball control too.

Leave a comment:

• mrsolo
    replied
    Last year KC gave up 146 per game

Leave a comment:

• mrsolo
    replied
    I do know that Carolina was ranked like 28 or 29 against the run. I'm sure it's worse now after what Rueben did to them....lol.

Oakland gives up 138 yards per game rushing.
    Carolina gives up 143.4.
    Jacksonville gives up 115.
    Tampa 124.5.
    San Diego 85.7
    Kansas City 126.4

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jav

Originally posted by Jrhampton
    sorry I don't understand what you are saying. Got to go have dinner with friends.
    In the two games that QG had a 100 plus yards what were those defenses ranked?

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jav

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    In the two games that QG ran against how would you rate them?
    sorry I don't understand what you are saying. Got to go have dinner with friends.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jav

Originally posted by broncos4ever
    Exactly what I am saying and have been saying after the last two games that QG played in. TX, you and I are on the same page.
    We are most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jav

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    I don't agree that all of sudden Droughns get to start so Shanahan changes the play calling. Also I don't anyone could put all the blame on the offensive line. Griffin just wasn't getting the job done.
    Exactly what I am saying and have been saying after the last two games that QG played in. TX, you and I are on the same page.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jav

Originally posted by broncos4ever
    What he is saying in RD is a type of runner that Shanahan wants in the Denver Running System. He fits the type. QG does not.

If you would have given RD the ball during the Jacksonville game you would have seen a different score and a more yards in our running column.

I cannot believe that you blame Shanahan for staying true to his system that has worked for five years. The system does not change and does not need to. The running back must fit the system. At this time QG does not fit the system. End of story!!!
    I don't agree that all of sudden Droughns get to start so Shanahan changes the play calling. Also I don't anyone could put all the blame on the offensive line. Griffin just wasn't getting the job done.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jav

Are you saying that RD was playing against legit defenses?
    What he is saying in RD is a type of runner that Shanahan wants in the Denver Running System. He fits the type. QG does not.

If you would have given RD the ball during the Jacksonville game you would have seen a different score and a more yards in our running column.

I cannot believe that you blame Shanahan for staying true to his system that has worked for five years. The system does not change and does not need to. The running back must fit the system. At this time QG does not fit the system. End of story!!!

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jav

In the two games that QG ran against how would you rate them?
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 10-22-2004, 04:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Jav

Originally posted by duaneok66
    excellent post . . . Q's two good games came against terrible run defenses . . . you see what happened against legit defenses . . . thank god RD is running like a monster so we can be done with the "Q is another Barry Sanders" crap . . .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X