Email from Kevin Mawae "Let us play"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email from Kevin Mawae "Let us play"

Checked a couple pages in GD and didn't see this posted and the search feature appears to not be working today.....(keep getting page cannot be displayed) If it's dupe please delete/merge thanks!

I got this in my email this morning.
    Dear NFL Fan:
    Thank you for doing your part as a fan and signing the Petition to help Block the NFL Lockout. The players and I hope you have enjoyed the most successful season the NFL has had to date and are looking forward to Super Bowl XLV.

With a lockout looming that will shut out players and fans from the game they love, we wanted to share our Super Bowl Ad that we produced with a very limited budget that will be distributed online leading up to Super Bowl XLV. You can watch the ad HERE. The next step for fans to continue having their voices heard is to help with the following:

· Please post the following to your Facebook page: Check out the NFL players’ online Super Bowl Ad: Let Us Play (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl9BpUgYljQ)
    · Send a Tweet with the following: RT @NFLLockout #LETUSPLAY Super Bowl Ad launches – Players and Fans stand together to #BlocktheLockout http://bit.ly/LETUSPLAYSBAd
    · Post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl9BpUgYljQ on your website and let others know how they can sign the Petition and receive the most up-to-date information on NFL and Player labor news.
    Thanks so much for your support and here’s to blocking the NFL Lockout and having football in 2011.
    sigpic

Very limited budget... LMAO

The budget definitely didn't go into the script though, that's for sure.

I love how they show an empty weight room... like, if they don't get paid, they aren't going to work out? Really?

I want the deal to get done, same as anyone, but these tactics always make me laugh. Like they can't go play football because the owners said they couldn't... yeah, genuine.
    Last edited by wayninja; 01-29-2011, 08:55 AM.
    When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

Let us play...

....but only 16, not 18, then we don't wanna play...
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        Let us play...

Exactly...I think both sides are being stupid but I don't really care which one wins I just want some football next year!
        sigpic

Comment

Let us play...

Wonder what the resolve of the older players who are nearing the end of their career will be?Will they be willing to give up those pay checks if this drags on for along time ?

Comment

Im on the owners side. If the players dont like it, maybe they can go out and get a REAL job with real WORK (not game), and work a full 2 years just to earn half of what 1 game check would be....before taxes of course. They can also pay for their own heathcare. Yeah, my heart just hurts for the players. Maybe they should sit in a foxhole in Iraq or Afghanistan, then they can complain about their pay and whether or not they get enough.
            Last edited by Spartan82; 01-29-2011, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Its annoying the players keep pulling this poor me crap. They keep trying to get the "sympathy" vote.
              sigpic

Comment

The average NFL salary is around 770,000. Give or take a few years, the average length of a NFL player's career is 3 years.

With that being said, would any of them make that money, short of Ryan Fitzpatrick doing anything else?

Let's say that you could be a Lawyer or Doctor, which make anywhere from 100,000 to 300,000 a year, or play football for close to a million, you would play football.

I know that even if every one of the players made exactly 1 million a year regardless of position they would play football instead of doing anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
                  The average NFL salary is around 770,000. Give or take a few years, the average length of a NFL player's career is 3 years.

With that being said, would any of them make that money, short of Ryan Fitzpatrick doing anything else?

Let's say that you could be a Lawyer or Doctor, which make anywhere from 100,000 to 300,000 a year, or play football for close to a million, you would play football.

I know that even if every one of the players made exactly 1 million a year regardless of position they would play football instead of doing anything else.
                  Lets not forget these players are given almost everything...to include education! They all had a free ride in college. Doctors and Lawyers...most don't get free educational rides. They rack up thousands in education costs. What do NFL players ever have to invest? Very little if nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan82 View Post
                    Lets not forget these players are given almost everything...to include education! They all had a free ride in college. Doctors and Lawyers...most don't get free educational rides. They rack up thousands in education costs. What do NFL players ever have to invest? Very little if nothing at all.
                    I think they invest their bodies and their health in the future. I WILL give the players that.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Ok. Tell that to a Cop or Soldier. NFL players get an ACL torn or broken bone. Cops and Soldiers get BULLET HOLES. Not to mention the everyday injuries that come with the job. Im sick of players complaining about putting thier bodies on the line. Give me a break. Its the same risk as skiing.
                      If a player think the game is too hard on his body, DON'T PLAY and again...they can get real job like the fans who pay thier big paycheck.

Comment

Let us play...

im fine with that. 18 games is just stupid

Comment

Wow! Do you guys really think this is about the players salaries vs. the average working class guy? No! This is about the players wanting their fair share of what the market pays. Do movie stars deserve $5-30 million for a year of work? Not by your definition but YES they do! Because their mere prescence will make the movie that much more! The players deserve that money because THEY are the ones you pay to see. The owners deserve that money because THEY paid to put that team out on the field. The players just want their fair share. Do you want ALL of your money put in the owners' pocket? That's what Roger Goodell and the owners want. As a fan, I'm on the owners' side because I don't want the NFL to ever turn into the NBA where the players can decimate a city of fans. But c'mon, don't compare these guys to doctors or lawyers because they are worth MORE. Like actors, they are the top 1% of their field and you MAKE them more important when you vote with your dollars. Capitalism isn't about who is more valuable to society, its about who can bring in the money!
                          49% of Americans are NFL fans. The rest just root for the Broncos......

Comment

My brother interviewed Antwaan Randle El yesterday- the interview is not up on his website yet. I'll link it when it is. But he was asked about the possible 18 game schedule and he said that for a lot of guys, they would either retire or if they decided to stay, sit out those two extra games. It's going to be quite interesting as these negotiations go on.
                            sigpic

Comment

Im Sorry but "fair share". The players get plenty of their fair share. Im not saying players shouldn't get paid or dont deserve to get paid. But they need to stop b...ing about not getting enough. In fact, they are making too much for some organizations. Look at the profits of the Packers. I dont have #s off the top of my head...but they took a HUGE lose because of players costs. Profits dont all go to owners. They need to be reinvested to keep the team running, stadium costs upkeeps, coaches, etc etc. They players are getting paid enough. Mabe the players should demand a rookie cap. Maybe they should demand their teams spend less on big names so there is more for others.
                              My compairing them to working class is because some of these players need to remember how blessed they are, and they really have nothing to complain about...fair share or not.

Comment

Working...
                              X