Greatest Play in Broncos History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Play in Broncos History?

So I was just watching the NFL films Super Bowl XXXII highlights, and a couple things I noticed:

1. It was cool to see Mike Shanahan looking so young and energized, frankly he hasn't seemed to have that enthusiasm in a long time.

2. The Eddie McCaffrey block was awesome, but even better than that was how he pointed at the LB that he blew up as he was on the ground, that was EPIC!

But my main point is this:

Is the John Elway helicopter-spin run the greatest play in Broncos history?!

Atwater knocking out 2 others. Crockett and GB receiver (whom I can not remember). That said it all too me. No Way are we giving this one up. Well that and I was a huge Atwater fan at the time.
    2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
      Atwater knocking out 2 others. Crockett and GB receiver (whom I can not remember). That said it all too me. No Way are we giving this one up. Well that and I was a huge Atwater fan at the time.
      That was pretty cool as well! That game was just full of plays that were sheer determination:
      -The Broncos coming right back from the GB opening drive td, and driving it down their throats to answer
      -The TD spin on the run up the middle
      -TD playing with the miagraine so that they would believe the fake
      -The Elway helicopter spin
      -The McCaffrey block
      -Atwater crushing everyone

Elway should make it mandatory to show that film at the beginning of every training camp to try and instill that same determination in future Broncos teams!

Comment

Ed McCaffrey said today seeing John taking the knee for the first ever title! That really may be the answer.

We could break this down on sides of the football.

Don't forget TD's special team tackle in Japan, which led to him making the team and helping win oh yeah back to back titles!
        sigpic
        The Bronco fan pledge;
        I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
        I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
        I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
        I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
        Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

The let them have it TD in the first SB that won us the game, love it when a bad strategy works in your favor. Not to mention TD got 3 rushing TD's in the SB something that has never been done.
          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Elway's Helicopter and it shouldn't even be up for debate.

Since that can't be argued, I will give my thoughts on #2.

For me it was the 80 yard TD catch by Rod Smith in Super Bowl XXXIII.

I literally threw a giant glass of Pepsi all over the entire living room. I was holding it, and forgot. Then he caught it and was off to the races, and I launched it everywhere! Everyone was so excited, I didn't even clean it up until the next morning! I will remember that moment for the rest of my life!

Comment

i have two favorites, first was seeing an unknown special teams player lay out a kick returner, TD the other, seeing Eddie Mac, Lay out a sweet block on Williams for Griffith, my two favorite moments!

Comment

elways helicopter

Atwater hit on christian okoye

And Terrell davis hit on special teams (very important to me because i remember hearing he was on the roster bubble and thats what got him noticed.)
                sigpic
                "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Ah so, so many.

1. Helicopter play

2. "David into the endzone, walking, standing up. Can you say Denver is in the lead!?"

3. Mcaffrey Block

4. Rod Smith 80 Yd TD in Super Bowl

5. Champ Bailey pick six in Divisional Playoff Game against Pats

The Holy Stokley gets an honorable mention in cracking the top 5.
                  sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
                    elways helicopter

Atwater hit on christian okoye

And Terrell davis hit on special teams (very important to me because i remember hearing he was on the roster bubble and thats what got him noticed.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlFioK7nzIA

Comment

4th & 6, "pass is gonna be... Knocked Away! Oooh baby were gonna win this thing!"
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                        4th & 6, "pass is gonna be... Knocked Away! Oooh baby were gonna win this thing!"
                        Sweeter words have never been spoken
                        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          Is the John Elway helicopter-spin run the greatest play in Broncos history?!
                          Close, very close. It is either that one, or another play from the same game....when John Mobley batted down Favre's 4th down pass to end the game.
                          sigpic

Comment

Everything listed above probably tops this one, but it hasn't been mentioned and I'll always remember it. Such a fantastic finish! Plus, it was the first game that I watched with my (then future) wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAelyfRqDGU

And speaking of McCaffrey and his block play... a few years later and that would've been a taunting penalty. But sweet nonetheless.

Winter is Coming!

Comment

TD scoring the go ahead touchdown in SB XXXII
                              Karlas' OT kick in Cleveland after The Drive.

Are two of the best.
                              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X