Greatest Play in Broncos History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conannilsen View Post
    Atwater knocking out 2 others. Crockett and GB receiver (whom I can not remember). That said it all too me. No Way are we giving this one up. Well that and I was a huge Atwater fan at the time.
    I think Crockett was already out, not sure but it was Robert Brooks (GB Wr) and our back up CB Randy Hillard that fell victim to The Monster hit!

Steve Atwater and Ronnie Lott are the two reasons receivers developed alligator arms over the middle of the field.

And while Ronnie ruled the NFC, it was Atwater who roamed the AFC, putting fear in the hearts and hands of receivers and even running backs like The Nigerian Nightmare, Christian Okoye, who felt Atwater's wrath in front of millions on Monday Night Football. A free safety who hit like a linebacker, check that, he hit like a runaway train, Atwater won two Super Bowls with the Broncos while helping revolutionize the way his position is played.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-17-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Heres another great vid featuring Atwater, I cant believe hes ranked number 9, should be a lot high on the list like number 1 but anyway its a nice vid.

BTW I still love those classic orange uni's

Comment

I think one of the greatest plays in NFL history, is a play that is never on highlight reels, or brought up much.

Rod Smith chasing Julius Peppers down 100+ yards after a Plummer interception (as Roddy was 7 yards deep into the end zone), causing a fumble, and recovering the ball in our own end zone was one of the greatest plays I've ever seen.

Comment

Greatest play in franchise history was the helicopter Elway in the Super Bowl. That was the culmination of years of, not just Elway but our franchise, being scrutinized for not winning a championship. That play set everything in motion for that game. Nothing was going to stop Elway from winning that game even if he had to sacrifice his body to do it.

Comment

In my opinion it was "the helicopter." There was no denying us a SB victory after that, and I STILL get pumped up watching that play.
            Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
            sigpic

Comment

Gotta go with that beautiful old school hit on The Nigerian Nightmare. Gawd that freaking rocked!
              Adopted Poster
              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
                Gotta go with that beautiful old school hit on The Nigerian Nightmare. Gawd that freaking rocked!
                ^^ this! And it's not even close
                A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Getting John Elway for a pack of peanuts and mayflower diesel truck...
                  "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

Working...
                  X