Toughest Bronco ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toughest Bronco ?

Reading these forums and looking at great plays of the past, I got to thinking about who I thought was the toughest, play in pain, give it all for the team bronco. There are lots that come to mind. Elway, TJ, Atwater, TD, Meck, Romo, Wright, Alzado, Smith, Eddy Mac,

Then I remember watching Morton walk onto the field, his knees bending backwards, walking more like a polio victim at times than a world class athelete. He would stand in the pocket and throw the prettiest incredibly accurate passes, he would take hits before after and during the throw. He would boot leg when he could hardly walk. He played in the SB when he probably should have been in a hospital bed. So in my book Craig Morton was probably the toughest player, with the most heart we ever had. Others will probably disagree and they will have valid arguments.

I think it.had to be my Brother's 77 Bronco. He rolled it on Berthed pass during a snow storm and was able to drive it home.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

Have to go with Tom Nalen

Comment

Eddie Mac...

How many times did you see him get rocked, sit out a play, and then come back to do it all again? The dude took some of the most wicked shots i have ever seen.
        He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
        But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

Comment

I can name former bronco

JAY CUTLER

Comment

Originally posted by Kilroy View Post
            Eddie Mac...

How many times did you see him get rocked, sit out a play, and then come back to do it all again? The dude took some of the most wicked shots i have ever seen.
            This. No question.

McCaffrey took some of the most punishing shots I have ever seen on the gridiron, and missed 2 or 3 plays at most. He was also one of the best down field blocking receivers to ever play the game.

Comment

McCaffrey was tough as nails, there's no doubt about that.

However, I can think of several players from the 70's and 80's that were true warriors. Playing down on the line back then or even the backers in that famous 3-4 defense was rough.

Randy Gradishar & Karl Mecklenburg are two guys I can think of that always had taped hands and fingers and they were always bloody.

Guys like Rulon Jones, Keith Bishop, Greg Kragen and even Rich Jackson deserve some recognition.

In the modern day, I'd hand it over to Tom Nalen.

Comment

I'm going old school and name someone noone will mention Bill Thompson 142 consecutive starts (179 total) 40 INT's 3 TD's. Only rookie to lead the league in KR and PR and one of 2 players to return 4 fumbles for a TD

Zimmerman is another Bronco known for playing tough between the Broncos and Minnesota with 169 consecutive starts (184 total) he is the toughest lineman we ever had.
                Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 02-03-2011, 10:33 AM.
                2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

If we’re talking about playing through injuries and pain:

Mark Schlereth had what, 20 surgeries in his career? Many in season, and played shortly after?

He’s got to be in the discussion at least!

If we’re talking about tough guys you wouldn’t want to piss off and them meet in the parking lot afterwards:

Gary Zimmerman was one tough SOB, I’d definitely want to stay on his good side!

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                    If we’re talking about playing through injuries and pain:

Mark Schlereth had what, 20 (29) surgeries in his career? Many in season, and played shortly after?

He’s got to be in the discussion at least!

If we’re talking about tough guys you wouldn’t want to piss off and them meet in the parking lot afterwards:

Gary Zimmerman was one tough SOB, I’d definitely want to stay on his good side!
                    TWENTY NINE....while he played...who knows how many after he retired...

ugh...tough guy make good chili...ugh

THAT...and he can man up and admit he peed his pants during games
                    Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

Comment

OH...and don't forget TD....played in the Super Bowl with a migraine...couldn't see...yet still played.

They were steel I tell ya....the man clanked when he walked.
                      Disclamer: Anything stated by Hippie Guy is meant to be sarcasm and should not be construed as or mistaken for anything serious.

Comment

Bill Romanowski.

sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Al Wilson was as tough as nails.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                            Bill Romanowski.

ROFL....Billy hit him so hard his eyes popped out.

Great pic....cp to you good sir

Comment

As much as I love Atwater, I'd have to go with Alzado! How about Howard Griffith though, see next to my aviator, that dude was about as tough as tough gets. Overall though, I'd have to go with Alzado he was feared big time.
                              I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Working...
                              X