Good luck to Shannon Sharpe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ImaBroncoFan2 View Post
    I have to agree with what's been posted but a couple of funny things I remember outside of the playing field.
    At our first winning SB Mike Shanahan had told the team not to boast or be obnoxious with the media, the opposing team, etc., to let the other team do the chest thumping. Shannon said the only way he could do that was to lock himself in his hotel room up until the game. <g>
    I was sooooo grateful for Shannon that weekend. All during the week before the game all I heard over and over and over was how awesome the Packers defense was, how TD wouldn't be able to run on them, how Favre was so clutch and yada, yada yada, like the Broncos were lucky to even be there.

Of course, the fact that we were a wild card didn't help our case.

Shannon got up there and started talking us up and about how he didn't come out there to lose and I felt better.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
      See, I didn't like that. I think there are some things that are "out of bounds". Significant others and kids are two of those things. Because seriously, what's the next step? Derrick Thomas reciting the address of someone kids' school and what time they get out?

To me, that was one of the worst moments of Shannon Sharpe's career. Now that DT is dead, I wonder how Shannon feels about that. In the end it's only a game.

I don't know if I can pick just one Shannon Sharpe moment as his best. The guy had such a great career. I did like the drive "just get open" moment though.
      Shannon and Thomas were good friends, so its not like it was some random guy on the field coming up with his number. He had probably met Derek's girlfriend before. I believe Thomas was more upset about the smack talk during a blow-out than Shannon having his girl-friend's #.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

AFC championship game Shannon Sharpe catches the first down pass that seals the game against the steelers and moves us to the superbowl against green bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          Shannon and Thomas were good friends, so its not like it was some random guy on the field coming up with his number. He had probably met Derek's girlfriend before. I believe Thomas was more upset about the smack talk during a blow-out than Shannon having his girl-friend's #.
          I wasn't aware of their relationship off the field. Thanks for sharing that bit of information.

But still. I don't know if I'd say that stuff to a stranger let alone a good friend! I might do that to my worst enemy though.

Comment

Working...
          X