• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
    Poor guy.

Maybe we'll see Willis in the slot.
    It would be Decker first.

Comment

I think we'll see Royal making a comeback this season if there is one. I just don't think he was ever very highly thought of by McD and if you weren't on McD's good side you didn't see much action (see payton hillis) Plus if his hip has been bothering him that could have caused some of the production drop (if you'll remember at the begining of the season he was actually doing pretty good and then he just disapeared)
      sigpic

Comment

Oh well..

Here is to a speedy recovery Eddie!!

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
          pretty much going to be running the same system except with a more balanced attack... That's the purpose of bringing back McCoy to run the offense. Keep continuity on that side of the ball so Tebow wouldnt have to learn a new offense as well.
          Where did anyone say that? McCoy was also Fox's OC in Carolina before he came to Denver. So he already knows how to run Fox's system. I thought that was the reason McCoy was retained.
          "That's a crap question."
          - Kyle Orton

Comment

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
            Where did anyone say that? McCoy was also Fox's OC in Carolina before he came to Denver. So he already knows how to run Fox's system. I thought that was the reason McCoy was retained.
            McCoy was never an OC in Carolina.

He was an offensive assistant, a receivers coach, and a quarterbacks coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_23 View Post
              pretty much going to be running the same system except with a more balanced attack... That's the purpose of bringing back McCoy to run the offense. Keep continuity on that side of the ball so Tebow wouldnt have to learn a new offense as well.

I doubt that. It wasnt mccoys offense that was installed before. And i doubt they stick with the old offense just to suit the QB. That would never happen unless you have an elite guy like brady.

The reason mccoy was kept because he had tyes to john fox before he came here. Thats why

Comment

Decker in the slot! wooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                  Decker in the slot! wooooooooooo
                  Royal will be ready Week 1, no worries.

If there is football.

Comment

I hope if royal doesnt return by week 1 that willis gets a shot. He is a stud

Comment

Lol I love how everyone just dumps on Royal. This guy is a good WR and should not be under estimated.
                      sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Royal is good. It was sad to see him wash away in McD's offense where the longest route he ever ran was 5 yards (seemingly). I think he can be a very effective WR if we let him do more than bubble screens and under routes.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          I think we'll see Royal making a comeback this season if there is one. I just don't think he was ever very highly thought of by McD and if you weren't on McD's good side you didn't see much action (see payton hillis) Plus if his hip has been bothering him that could have caused some of the production drop (if you'll remember at the begining of the season he was actually doing pretty good and then he just disapeared)
                          This statement is very false!!! Here's some stats for you.

Brandon Lloyd- 77 rec 153 targets 1448 yds

Jabar Gaffney- 65 rec 112 targets 875yds

Eddie Royal- 59 rec 105 targets 627 yds

The only thing I didn't like is how they used Royal. They used him as if he's a possession reciever. Royal is a legit deep threat, and they didn't use him as one. McD tried to use him like Welker, and thats fine, but Welker isn't a deep threat, Royal is.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                            This statement is very false!!! Here's some stats for you.

Brandon Lloyd- 77 rec 153 targets 1448 yds

Jabar Gaffney- 65 rec 112 targets 875yds

Eddie Royal- 59 rec 105 targets 627 yds

The only thing I didn't like is how they used Royal. They used him as if he's a possession reciever. Royal is a legit deep threat, and they didn't use him as one. McD tried to use him like Welker, and thats fine, but Welker isn't a deep threat, Royal is.
                            I stand corrected, I didn't realize he'd been targeted that much. Hard to argue he wasn't used very well though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post

Eddie Royal- 59 rec 105 targets 627 yds(Padded Stats) misleading

I agree he wasnt used properly,or at all.Eddie Royal was hardly ever open in two seasons to be exact.He cant break jams with the more physical CBs,and he becomes non existant when the game is on the line.Sometimes i wonder is Eddie in the game,only to see him Pad his stats while the game his just about Over.
                              Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 02-06-2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Eddie, thanks for getting it now. We won't have to wait until the end of preseason or something like we did with Clady.

Here's to a speedy recovery (and not getting traded)
                                sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Working...
                                X