• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    So let's get this straight.

Neither Eddie Royal or Brandon Lloyd is good enough to be your receiver.

Eddie's speed isn't good enough for you because he can't get open. Yet 10 ypr (I assume you mean ypc) isn't explosive enough for you. And Brandon Lloyd doesn't convince you of being a great receiver.

So who exactly is Tebow going to throw to?
    never said Llyod wasnt good enough for anything. I am just not convinced that he is the player we saw last year. i think that last year was a one time thing with llyod. Eddie isnt good buy any means, and you would be hard pressed IMO to find a worse starting WR in the league. Who do I want to pick up.... I dont know I want a guy in the slot that knows how to get open. Find a seam, and make a play. Eddie isnt that guy in any way. DT isnt that guy. I think DT could become a guy like Llyod. I think that decker atm is best suited for the slot, cause we have gaff and llyod on the outside. But I think his future is the Rod Smith (later years) type role. Over the middle tough yards type guy

Leave a comment:

• Orange Cru$h
    replied
    Get well soon Eddie!!!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    Where am I in the TT and Orton Debate.... To me there isn't one... TT is the guy, and TT needs to be the guy. But how do I feel about giving him a weapon like Eddie's speed. Not that good, because it isn't a weapon. The guy doesn't know how to get open and he doesn't know how to make plays in the passing game with the ball in his hand. look at his 10 ypr career avg. Nothing about that screams explosive. I would love for us to get him a guy that is. I hope Lloyd is the player that we saw last season but i am not convinced
    So let's get this straight.

Neither Eddie Royal or Brandon Lloyd is good enough to be your receiver.

Eddie's speed isn't good enough for you because he can't get open. Yet 10 ypr (I assume you mean ypc) isn't explosive enough for you. And Brandon Lloyd doesn't convince you of being a great receiver.

So who exactly is Tebow going to throw to?

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post

Why hatin' on Eddie so much? *shrugs*

Although I might have been the kiss of death by buying his jersey. I like Eddie and enjoy him.

Curious where you stand with the Orton/Tebow argument because Tebow lovers would love to have a fast guy like Royal at the other end of the pass. But here I go turning yet another thread into the QB debate. :doh:
    Where am I in the TT and Orton Debate.... To me there isn't one... TT is the guy, and TT needs to be the guy. But how do I feel about giving him a weapon like Eddie's speed. Not that good, because it isn't a weapon. The guy doesn't know how to get open and he doesn't know how to make plays in the passing game with the ball in his hand. look at his 10 ypr career avg. Nothing about that screams explosive. I would love for us to get him a guy that is. I hope Lloyd is the player that we saw last season but i am not convinced

Leave a comment:

• kratos_godofwar
    replied
    He should be fine, since it doesn't look like there is going to be any football this year anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Captain_23
    replied
    Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
    Where did anyone say that? McCoy was also Fox's OC in Carolina before he came to Denver. So he already knows how to run Fox's system. I thought that was the reason McCoy was retained.
    Well, there have been post of John Elway giving over the phone interviews, I dont have the link, but somebody else knows the link.. i think its called 87.7 the Fan, or the Zone, or something like that. IDK im not from Denver, but maybe you and the other guy who think im off, or just making this up should go read some of those older post, because Elway said it, not me. He said he wanted some continuity for Tebow, so he wouldnt be slowed down learning a totally new offense, and that the new Coach that gets the job has to believe in the direction that we are going to go as a team, and believe in Tebow. and McCoy, does know the offense. It maybe isnt his system, but there isnt a rule saying he cant run somebody else system, but add a little bit of spice to it by maybe changing and tweeking a little bit of things. Which im sure he will do.

But thats the main reason Fox got the job, because he would keep most of the offensive staff in tact. It was discussed, sorry you wasnt around when everyone was posting those phone interviews With Elway.. Not like im just making things up, because i think I know what im talking about. Im just repeating what the man said.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Short memories people. Eddie is a Bronco, and one of the best receivers on the team. He will be back running routes by May, and easily beating out the guys who would 'easily replace him.' Willis has 0 starting gametime, his 'flashes' were against 4th stringers. His weapon is speed and I'm not sure Royal isn't faster than him.

Someone should talk Decker into moving to TE, because he'll still be sitting behind Royal next year.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
    Royal is far better than Decker and Willis(I'm not even going to comment on Davis what a joke) Royal is better than Gaffney too.

I'd say Lloyd is better and DT will be a bit better if he can figure his crap out but if we used Royal to his potential he would have huge numbers. He's damn good.
    Yes he is damn good and now that we have a new coach and a new beginning, he will be part of it.

Eddie just posted on facebook about how much he loves the respect, well wishes after the surgery and admiration he's getting over there. He comments about how rough the season was last year without throwing anyone under the bus. Stand up and class act.

He's already looking forward to next year. This guy is what I call loyalty and dedication. You can tell he wants to stay a Bronco and the Broncos should not even consider him as being trade bait. :nono:

Rest up Eddie. You ARE the man regardless of what some around here think.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    Exactly what i was thinking! BUT, this still isn't good for Royal being that next year is the final year of his rookie contract. If he has any setbacks, it's going to be hard to get his spot back from Decker. Not to mention if Willis and Britt Davis continues to show promise, Royal may not be back.
    Royal is far better than Decker and Willis(I'm not even going to comment on Davis what a joke) Royal is better than Gaffney too.

I'd say Lloyd is better and DT will be a bit better if he can figure his crap out but if we used Royal to his potential he would have huge numbers. He's damn good.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    I wish you a speedy recovery Eddie look forward to next season if there is one...

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    Well there you go.... We now have the built in excuses when he has another bad season.... I hope he is traded, but I will be equally happy if he is cut. It wouldn't be had to find a guy to replace Eddie

Why hatin' on Eddie so much? *shrugs*

Although I might have been the kiss of death by buying his jersey. I like Eddie and enjoy him.

Curious where you stand with the Orton/Tebow argument because Tebow lovers would love to have a fast guy like Royal at the other end of the pass. But here I go turning yet another thread into the QB debate. :doh:

Leave a comment:

• japfaff
    replied
    Well there you go.... We now have the built in excuses when he has another bad season.... I hope he is traded, but I will be equally happy if he is cut. It wouldn't be had to find a guy to replace Eddie

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    The timing of the surgery was perfect and I believe Eddie will be just fine come next season.

Assuming there is a next season.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Holman
    replied
    source

My source tells me that it was not a major procedure at all, more of a minor arthroscopic deal. My source also says that a May return (assuming a deal is in place) is not overly optimistic at all.

Keep in mind, athletes heal much more rapidly than the average joe. With the best doctors in the world at their disposal, daily physical therapy and a myriad of other treatment options, a speedy, full recovery should be expected.

Something I don't understand and cannot relate to is, what's with all the negativity out of fans in general lately? Everyone is all about cut this guy, this dude can replace so-and-so. It's like a virus, spreading all over, and I am of the opinion that it started in sports talk radio and has caught on with feeble minded 'fans.'

Think and speak positively and your entire life will improve. I'm living proof.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    The Broncos confirmed Monday that Eddie Royal is recovering from an offseason hip procedure.

A team spokesman says the club is targeting "OTAs in late May" for Royal to be ready for football activities. NFL teams are routinely overly optimistic about players' return timetables, and CBS 4 Denver put Royal's at six months. Clearly, it was a major operation, and something that could threaten Royal's availability training camp if he incurs any setbacks.

Source: Associated Press

Leave a comment:

Working...
X