CBA Talks Take Turn For Worst per Adam Shefter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBA Talks Take Turn For Worst per Adam Shefter

Just a little bit ago, Adam Shefter was on Mike & Mike and said that todays set meet between the Owners and Players Association has been canceled and that as of right now, there will be no meetings between the two sides in the foreseeable future.

Shefter said that there is a great amount of distrust between both sides and that no progress has been made at all.

There seems to be a great disagreement between both sides on how exactly to split the extra 1 Billion dollars in revenue.

There appears to be no issue on how the initial 9 Billion dollars in revenue is spent but when it comes to that last 1 billion dollars, thats where things get held up.
    Heck no! Theyre the Broncos baby!
    47.01%
    No, Id still support them but Id feel jilted by the lockout
    35.82%
    YES! I would boycott the league!
    6.72%
    Yes, Id still watch the games but wouldnt spend any money on Broncos or NFL merchandise
    10.45%
    Last edited by kingelway7; 02-10-2011, 06:15 AM.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Well no football in 2011, this is gonna be different,plus the boards might die down. With no football, what is there to speak of on here.

However on a positive note, I think there will be a meeting between the 2, just not any time soon.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
      Just a little bit ago, Adam Shefter was on Mike & Mike and said that todays set meet between the Owners and Players Association has been canceled and that as of right now, there will be no meetings between the two sides in the foreseeable future.

Shefter said that there is a great amount of distrust between both sides and that no progress has been made at all.
      Bahh just great!

I really cant get my head around this. It is so obvious that they are trying to do too much too fast. If you start a revolution there are bound to be adversaries.

Now - being danish, our whole society is based on labor unions chiseling out agreements with employers and if they tried to do what is happening with the NFL CBA - we would have a gerneral strike every year.

The only recipe for success is Regular Baby steps.

Not:
      - Oh lets fix the rookie salary cap
      - Ohh and while we are at it lets expand the season with two games
      - Double Ohhh why dont we remove the franchise tag
      - And the list goes on...

Dear Mr. Goodell. Go fix the rookie salary cap now. Make that agreement valid for 1-2 years. Then look at the expansion....then look at the franchise tag...

No wonder these negotiations are hard...
      sigpic

Comment

The two sides are so far apart, that Wednesday's meeting in Washington broke up and they canceled the Thursday meeting, according to one of those sources, who said the sides can't agree on how to split an additional $1 billion in revenue. The current collective bargaining agreement expires three weeks from Thursday, on March 3.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6107737
        Last edited by kingelway7; 02-10-2011, 06:16 AM.
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I don't know why I even follow a league full of pigs. These greedy pricks are ruining the game for everyone. Roger Goodell is the worst commisioner this sport has ever seen. I know, I know the players are just as much to blame but I will tell you this, if Tagliabue were still in charge this deal would have gotten done a long time ago.

I think the main problem is that Goodell and his band of merry fan rapers are trying to change too much. It's all about revenue to these clowns, like most of them don't have so much money that 80% of it will never be spent, these people have money sitting in banks that will never in thier lifetimes, heck, in thier grandchildrens' lifetimes, will never be touched.

Hey, I have a GREAT idea, how bout we take that 1 billion and spend it on helping the fans out, maybe so they won't have to spend $250 to sit in nosebleed seats and $50 on concessions just to take thier kids to a game.

These people, none of them, give a damn about the fans, all they care about is lining thier own pockets with money that will NEVER be spent.

It's getting harder and harder to support this crap!
          Last edited by KWHIT97; 02-10-2011, 06:27 AM.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

The old deal was agreed to in 2006 and could have been in place until 2012, but owners exercised an opt-out clause in 2008
            If it wasn't for this small detail... The current CBA would be good for the next season and the sides would have plenty of extra time to reach a new deal.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, that means we get the number 2 pick twice in a row. :thumb:
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                Well, that means we get the number 2 pick twice in a row. :thumb:
                Is that really true? Silver lining I guess...

Comment

Give the billion to charity, or funding sports and exercise in our schools, until they learn to play nice with each other. In the meantime, play football....
                  sigpic

Comment

I saw this also on Mike and Mike this morning this really stinks. You would think after having the most watched Superbowl ever it would be motivation for both sides to get a deal done. Guess not unreal and sad they can't even talk. Let's just hope the closer we get to the lockout we get some good news about a deal getting done.

Comment

It's gonna be a huge mistake if there is no football.

...ask the NHL. They STILL haven't recovered from their lockout.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

cancelling meetings because they are too far apart makes no sense, like cancelling practice because you suck too bad
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                          Honestly, I don't know why I even follow a league full of pigs. These greedy pricks are ruining the game for everyone. Roger Goodell is the worst commisioner this sport has ever seen. I know, I know the players are just as much to blame but I will tell you this, if Tagliabue were still in charge this deal would have gotten done a long time ago.

I think the main problem is that Goodell and his band of merry fan rapers are trying to change too much. It's all about revenue to these clowns, like most of them don't have so much money that 80% of it will never be spent, these people have money sitting in banks that will never in thier lifetimes, heck, in thier grandchildrens' lifetimes, will never be touched.

Hey, I have a GREAT idea, how bout we take that 1 billion and spend it on helping the fans out, maybe so they won't have to spend $250 to sit in nosebleed seats and $50 on concessions just to take thier kids to a game.

These people, none of them, give a damn about the fans, all they care about is lining thier own pockets with money that will NEVER be spent.

I feel the same way, CP to you!
                          sigpic
                          Team Tebow #103

Comment

I'm beginning to hate unions more and more everyday
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post

I agree, the fans are the only ones that are never addressed. I worked for a pro sports team for over a decade and we increased ticket prices 7 out of the 10 seasons I was there. Despite losing more games(after losing some HOF talent) our ticket prices continued to rise. Not to mention that I felt like I was "lucky" to only be charged $5.25(employee rate) for a Pretzel and Coke as opposed to the non employee rate of $10.50..........
                              If the 1 Billion dollars of "extra" revenue is such a huge point of emphasis that neither side wants the other to have, then pass along the savings to the fans.
                              I know its not really an option, but it would be nice......

Comment

Working...
                              X