Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demaryius Thomas tore his achilles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That injury could and should have been avoided.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • he is a slow healer.....He is dont for the season as an effective weapon at best.....At worst his career is over.....Middle ground, misses the season and never gets back to what he was.......This pick is quickly going to turn into another bust pick
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

      Comment


      • The only good news about this injury is it is not the same as the one he had last year. Thats what we get for using a 1st rounder on returns especially with the horrible blocking we had on special teams
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

        Comment


        • Originally posted by japfaff View Post
          he is a slow healer.....He is dont for the season as an effective weapon at best.....At worst his career is over.....Middle ground, misses the season and never gets back to what he was.......This pick is quickly going to turn into another bust pick
          Do you have anything good to say about any player? Why are you even here? Are you even a fan of any of these guys?

          Comment


          • I think he will be out to mid season at least. I just don't want to rush him back and if that means letting him rest for the season then be it I just want DT to get healthy so we can eventually see him on the field

            Comment


            • When he broke his foot before the Combine, in February, the expected recovery time was 4 to 6 weeks. It took much longer than that. He was not recovered by April, May... It took a while before Thomas was able to practice as a Bronco. And then he re-injured his foot in August. I fully expect Thomas to miss the 2011 season with a torn Achilles. He will not be playing in 8 months. That's beyond crazy.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Ditto

                Demaryius Thomas is out of the equation for the 2011 season.

                Fortunately Lloyd, Gaffney, Royal and Decker are available to man the various formations up to and including four wide receivers.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • Originally posted by blue diamond View Post
                  That injury could and should have been avoided.
                  I don't know how that's possible. This isn't something that could've been prevented with proper stretching, diet, etc. Rupturing the achilles is something that just happens to athletes sometimes. When Lendale White ruptured his in the preseason, it was just on a routine run. He wasn't trying to cut or anything it just popped.

                  My wife is a fitness instructor/personal trainer and she is extremely conscious of proper muscle, joint, ligament health and does all the necessary stretches, warmups and cooldowns when she teaches, but about a year ago she partially ruptured her achilles while teaching a Zumba class (which is a lower impact dance-type class). There's nothing she could've done to prevent it she just took a step and "pop". She teaches much more physically intense classes and has even run a marathon before.

                  I talked with her doctor about why it could've happened and she said that it's typically just one of those things that happens. It's about the most random sports injury there is. It's kinda like saying an ACL injury can be prevented. Typically, it's just dumb luck.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                    Do you have anything good to say about any player? Why are you even here? Are you even a fan of any of these guys?
                    There is nothing good to say about DT... He is hurt, and if you have half a brain you know that it is a serious injury. A lot of fast twitch players never make it all the way back from that kinda injury. These are the facts. He is done for the season as an effictive weapon ( he might play a lil near the end but he is going to be tight and tenative to push the injury...This is the best scenario).....In all likely hood he is done for the season, and next season he is going to take a lil bit to get his faith back in it, and he probably will lose some of this speed and quickness.... the worst case..his career is over.

                    As for DT... I like the potential that he had. I am not delusional about him like a lot of you. I see the work that he needed to put in this off season. I think this is going to obviously put him back a season. I think that he is a player that we were hoping would be up to speed at best this season, but we kinda figured that he was more of a 2012 player...This injury is going to put him back to 2013.
                    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by blue diamond View Post
                      That injury could and should have been avoided.
                      yeah it could have been avoided.....But the only way he could have avoided it was by sitting at home and watching tv (only way you are guaranteed not to get hurt). Now I never heard how it happened, so i am assuming it happened while he was training. That is a good thing. A young player that sees his flaws and is working to fix them. It happens to every team, it is just dumb luck that when it happens to us it is our young players hat we are trying to build our future on. DT, Doom, Clady. I think you just need to chalk it up to **** happens. When I first enlisted in the Corps... I had a crusty old Vietnam era 1st sgt... Just a mean ole bastard. Had like 5 or 6 purple hearts from every war the country had fought the past 25 years (this was back in 91 or 92). What finally ended this guys career.... a single 5.56 round was laying on the deck, the 1st sgt stepped on it wrong and boom......tore all three ligaments in his knee...simple as that it can happen at any time to any one
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                        There is nothing good to say about DT... He is hurt, and if you have half a brain you know that it is a serious injury. A lot of fast twitch players never make it all the way back from that kinda injury. These are the facts. He is done for the season as an effictive weapon ( he might play a lil near the end but he is going to be tight and tenative to push the injury...This is the best scenario).....In all likely hood he is done for the season, and next season he is going to take a lil bit to get his faith back in it, and he probably will lose some of this speed and quickness.... the worst case..his career is over.

                        As for DT... I like the potential that he had. I am not delusional about him like a lot of you. I see the work that he needed to put in this off season. I think this is going to obviously put him back a season. I think that he is a player that we were hoping would be up to speed at best this season, but we kinda figured that he was more of a 2012 player...This injury is going to put him back to 2013.
                        Ditto...He's out for next year. All the time that he missed this year, combined with all the time he'll miss this upcoming year sets him back big time. Especially since he's supposed to be learning a new system but instead Mr. Glass is sitting at home with his intangibles while the rest of the 2010 WO's are playing football.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X