Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People hating on Ayers need to read this (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    "less than enthusiastic" about or DT's. what ever gave him that idea ha ha!
    lol. Can I just say your "fancave" is the frickin' coolest thing I have seen in a while? Props to you man!
    http://timtebowtime.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
      I've been saying this for a while. Ayers might really turn into something this year.

I played D-line and made the transition to linebacker, but it wasn't nearly as dramatic as it has been for Ayers. As a nose tackle, for me, it was exactly like the Waterboy when Bobby Boucher said "What happens is the center has the ball first, and uh, quarterback will say hike, that's when the center puts the ball into the hands of the quarterback. So what I-I d-do is I start tackling the quarterback unless he give the ball to somebody else in which case I try to tackle that person."

Simple, right?

At linebacker, you have reads and keys, and you see the entire O-line and backfield. You see a lot more, so you have a lot more to read. The point is that there's a lot more thinking involved. The problem is you can't think and play football at the same time. Everything has to be second nature. When you think, you hesitate.

With Ayers, he can now get back to the "Waterboy way" and play football.
      So in a nutshell, you're saying Ayers has the intelligence of a door knob?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
        Miller is not a 4-3 OLB, Ayers is not worth the #2 overall pick, and as you said, there is no OL worth the #2 pick.

It has to come down to Fairley, Dareus, Peterson (please no), Bowers, or Quinn.
        I have to agree with you that Ayers nor any OL is worthy of the #2 pick but I have heard a lot of these "experts" talking heads that say Miller is a ideal 4-3 OLB.
        It is their decision and what you or I say matters not but myself I think Pererson, Quinn or Dareus are the best way to go. Just because Coach likes the DE Denver has doesn't mean they won't select another DE with their first round selection. I really think they will take the best player available IF they don't trade down. That would be Peterson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos2024 View Post
          I think Denver may target Charles Johnson (hope i got his name right). I think that he would be a great pick up and give us a good rotation.
          Gosh that would suck for us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kansas Bob View Post
            I have to agree with you that Ayers nor any OL is worthy of the #2 pick but I have heard a lot of these "experts" talking heads that say Miller is a ideal 4-3 OLB.
            It is their decision and what you or I say matters not but myself I think Pererson, Quinn or Dareus are the best way to go. Just because Coach likes the DE Denver has doesn't mean they won't select another DE with their first round selection. I really think they will take the best player available IF they don't trade down. That would be Peterson.
            Where have you heard that Miller is an ideal 4-3 OLB?

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
              So in a nutshell, you're saying Ayers has the intelligence of a door knob?
              Wow. Really?

It has nothing to do with intelligence. A lot of times intelligent people suck at playing football because they think too much. It took me a while to make that transition, but that was at high school. I couldn't imagine doing it at the NFL level. The point is that you can't think and play football at the same time. The game moves too fast. It's read and react. If you think about it, the play's by you.

If you take any D-lineman and make him stand up, it's going to take time for them to get used to. The reads are going to be slow. They're going to stink in pass coverage when they drop. They won't be able to read routes or anything because they've never done it before.

What you're doing is taking a guy who's used to reading only 2 things and then give him 6 things to read at the highest level, then well, he's not used to it. The problem is that if he hesitates for a millisecond, the play's by him, or at the very least he has a blocker latched onto him.

But now you put him back to reading the same 2 things that got him to the NFL, then he's more comfortable. He's more confident with what he's doing. Of course he's going to do better. All he has to do now is read if the tackle's helmet. If it comes out low and forward, squeeze the hole if the block is down, or keep outside contain if they try to hook. Or if that helmet pops up, close the distance, keep hands off of you, and get to the QB.

In the end, it was a mistake to draft Ayers as a linebacker, because that's not what he excelled at. Not everyone has the instinct to make the transition from down lineman to linebacker. Another bad thing is that people expected Ayers to produce right away. Sometimes it takes a few years. Ayers' instincts are obviously at DE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                Well he did have this quote in an ESPN article I saw floating around here a while ago.
                yet he talked about Dooms sack total...... I think this whole thing is just fluff....He is just talking up a player that has underperformed. If he is hoping it lights a fire under him, or if he is going to move on from him....who knows...But one thing is for sure. If he has another season like his first 2...He will be out the door. fox isnt going to keep a draft pick around that isnt preforming who he didnt pick
                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by lostknight View Post
                  I like the following:
                  D-line: Doom, (Draftee one), Bannan, Ayers

A lot.

But here is the problem:

D-line: Doom (Coming back from injury), ?????, Bannan, ????

????????????? Woodyard or Hagan?????? DJ(assuming he isn't suspended half the season for some idotic mistake)

Safety: ?????????? ??????????????

Corners: Champ, Goodman,?????????,?????????,???????

There are a lot of questions there. Safety is a black hole, and perhaps the weakest link on the whole team. If we really are eyeing flipping between a 4-3 and a 3-3-5, we need a hell of a lot more depth at corner then we have now.
                  This is a valid argument..we do have a lot of ?'s. Buttt we can't be worse than last year, and I think Champ re signing will energize the team and give them some confidence. If we could land Atogwe and or another big name FA especially defensively I could see this team taking off.

Comment

Working...
                  X