Fox confirmed switch to 4-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox confirmed switch to 4-3

i just saw on Nfl Network that the Broncos are going to go back to the 4-3 defense...now does this change the way we draft this year?

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
    i just saw on Nfl Network that the Broncos are going to go back to the 4-3 defense...now does this change the way we draft this year?
    nope, I think most everyone knew that was coming.
    sigpic

Comment

No we still grab fairley at 2 and we get Casey Matthews for our MLB
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Are we really switching back to the 4-3? Is there any confirmation... I dont think Doom will be as effective in the pass rush in the 4-3 and I dont think Ayers will be as involved in the run game as much like he has in the 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco#6 View Post
          Are we really switching back to the 4-3? Is there any confirmation... I dont think Doom will be as effective in the pass rush in the 4-3 and I dont think Ayers will be as involved in the run game as much like he has in the 3-4.
          Wasn't Ayers known as more of a run stopper than a pass rusher?
          Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco#6 View Post
            are you kidding? Ayers is gonna be better because this is his natural position and all that boy does is stop the run. Doom on the other hand becomes a situational pass rushes and you can't pay a guy like that 60 million dollars.

Comment

I wasn't exited about this move but its kinda grown on me. Dumervil can succeed in the 4-3 as a end if one thing happens. Nick fairley. We have to draft him he will have a impact like suh did for the lions and suh made cliff Avril a great DE and he's about 255-260. If we grab fairley and Matthews in the draft we can pretty much turn this thing around cause then the other to backers would probably be DJ and woodyard with ayers and doom as the ends and bannan and fairley the DT

Comment

Xanders let the cat out of the bag the week before the Super Bowl...pretty sure most people knew it was coming though.

3-4 or 4-3 it really does not matter....our defense sucked two years ago as a 4-3 and it sucked last year as a 3-4.

Funny thing is both 2008 and 2010 Doom was hurt, it seems obvious to me our defense as it stands now comes and goes with Doom.

Thought he was a better 3-4 OLB then a 4-3 DE but who knows what a new set of coaches can bring.

Whatever happens I support the defense we are going to use even if we came up with some oddball defense like the 46
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Not a huge surprise, i think Ayers will benefit the most from this.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Not a huge surprise, i think Ayers will benefit the most from this.
                    I think woodyard and DJ will too

Comment

this was expected but i think what the broncos need most is a MLB, DT and now since its not looking good with champ a CB.
                      sigpic
                      "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

Originally posted by MHS View Post
                        this was expected but i think what the broncos need most is a MLB, DT and now since its not looking good with champ a CB.
                        Maybe marcus thomas will work out as tackle, along with fairley.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                          Maybe marcus thomas will work out as tackle, along with fairley.
                          Agreed especially since Marcus Thomas looked really good last year

Comment

Even though the team is saying they will switch back to a 4-3, expect to see different looks. I think Allen will call a hybrid defense based on down and distance situations.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                              Agreed especially since Marcus Thomas looked really good last year
                              I almost forgot about vickerson, if we pickup fairley i think we would have some decent depth at tackle.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X