No announcement yet.

Correll Buckhalter, the #1 RB in 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correll Buckhalter, the #1 RB in 2011?

He seemed to click so well with Timmy, blocked well too and did things Moreno just seems to dream about.
    I'm pretty sure this Orton thing is just a bluff so we can value him a lil bit to trade his ass out of town. Tebow loves and knows how to run, has a great arm and has amazing speed for a guy his size. Maybe we'll even see some unstoppable Wildcat with our old Fox running things.
    Knowshon and Buck will both have a nice year, since we're gonna run like crazy this year. I'm afraid our OLine will suck again if we don't grab some free agents.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Buck doesn't make the team, but i bet he reprises his role of the 3rd down back and nothing more.

Comment

Lol no. He'll be hard pressed to even play next year, considering his age, fragility, and over priced contract.

Comment

Getting no love here lmao you're trusting on Moreno to do the job?

Comment

Originally posted by jayjayusa View Post
          Moreno and someone else if Buck does leave, most likely Lendale White.

Moreno is getting better and did very well last year when he was healthy and White, while I would like a speed back to compliment Moreno, is a good goalline and short yardage threat.

Comment

Not completely, but he will more than likely be our number one back again this season. He should excel with a return to the ZBS. Fox loves the committee approach to the running game, so Buckhalter could be a factor there. My guess is we will either sign or draft a back with the intention of making him the 1B to Moreno's 1A.

Lendale White could factor in as well if he is healthy and in shape.
            Last edited by Den615; 02-23-2011, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Buck was a key part to the comeback vs the Texans. Infact, he was great the 2nd half.

It's too hard to tell if he's even going to be on the roster though. Another back is pretty much guaranteed to be brought in, either via FA or the draft. Then you have Lendale White & Lance Ball also getting a look.

I also have a feeling Moreno will be impressive this upcoming season also

Comment

I don't trust Moreno or Buck solely. Pretty sure Fox will pick up at least one RB, hopefully Deangelo. Moreno and/or Buck will be relegated to support roles if they are even still on the roster.
                "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

Comment

I wouldn't mind him running, but I'd prefer if he wasn't used in a receiving role. He dropped several passes in a few games that made me cringe.
                  sigpic

Comment

Buckhalter is as good as gone to me. Moreno is the starter.... unless we get DeAngelo Williams. Then things get interesting but it is a hell of a 1-2 punch which is exactly what Fox wants. Imagine those 2 backs running skills with Tebow's running skills mixed in. Wow.....
                    sigpic

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JJGBPD View Post
                      Buckhalter is as good as gone to me. Moreno is the starter.... unless we get DeAngelo Williams. Then things get interesting but it is a hell of a 1-2 punch which is exactly what Fox wants. Imagine those 2 backs running skills with Tebow's running skills mixed in. Wow.....
                      I agree-Buckhalter os gone due to declining skills. If it is not Williams, it will be some other late round bruiser or FA.

Comment

No way. I really hope the Broncos pick up Deangelo Williams to split carries with Knowshon.

Comment

I know Moreno is injury prone but his average yards per carry was 4.3 behind our horrible running scheme. Bucks was only 2.5. I wouldn't mind seeing Lance ball get a little more carries next year either. I don't know why people hate on knowshon so much...probably cuz people cant get over peyton hillis
                          sigpic

Comment

He seemed to click so well with Timmy, blocked well too and did things Moreno just seems to dream about.
                            I'm pretty sure this Orton thing is just a bluff so we can value him a lil bit to trade his ass out of town. Tebow loves and knows how to run, has a great arm and has amazing speed for a guy his size. Maybe we'll even see some unstoppable Wildcat with our old Fox running things.
                            Knowshon and Buck will both have a nice year, since we're gonna run like crazy this year. I'm afraid our OLine will suck again if we don't grab some free agents.
                            Doubt Buckhalter is the starting RB. He did do well with Tebow...mainly because the Broncos ran a crazy amount of screens and short outlet passes with him that really show cased his strong points.

Personally I have always liked Buck...however he has not yet had a season without injury so for that reason alone he will never be the starter. If he can stay healthy maybe he is retained and adds a spark and another dimension (he is very quick).

Hope we don't resort to too much Wildcat...it's a cool change of pace but by no means an NFL offense that can have long sustainable success in the NFL.

As for the o-line...one has to wonder if we try to resign Harris or let him go. Also do we proceed with Walton as C and Beatles as G/T or go another route via FA (if there is any FA this year).

Thx,
                            Joe
                            To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Broncos need someone to carry the rock like they're gonna carry the team. I'd like to see Ball step up- a bruiser to help a little (or big) scat back like Buck (or Williams). I'd think Buck will have little problem beating out Moreno for the spot, if he commits himself. Problem with Moreno- he's NEVER there when ya need him.

Comment

Working...
                              X