What If

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If

This Week ESPN the Magazine did a What If on a variety of issues. On page 59:

What if: In 1983, instead of demanding a trade and landing in Denver, John Elway agrees to play football in Denver...
    1. He has a brilliant rookie season and energizes the city, so...
    2. Robert Irsay doesn't feel the need to sneak the Colts out town the next year. As a result..
    3. The Browns never leave Cleveland, although in 1995, the Los Angeles Rams spurn an offer from St. Louis for a better one, and
    4. It is the Indianapolis Rams that defeat the Titans in Super Bowl XXXIV, while...
    5. Elway has a HOF career w the Colts, but never wins a ring. He does however appear in Baltimore native Barry Levinson's film (Return to the Diner) which leads to string of small roles in Adam Sandler movies.

Funny stuff doesn't mention what would happen to our franchise, but does mention Elway.

What do you think would have happened w our franchise had we not received Elway in the trade?
    sigpic
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Denver coulda picked up Marino, Kelly, Blackledge, O'Brien or Eason, all of which came after

But, we also picked up Kubiak in the 8th that year!
    Last edited by ChitownBronco; 02-26-2011, 06:31 AM.
    sigpic
    AMPIPE

Comment

DeBerg

Without Elway, I know that Steve DeBerg would have been our QB for at least a few seasons, and maybe Mark Herrmann would have gotten a shot. One of the announcers said that Dan Reeves declared that Herrmann would be the QB of the future during a 1981 MNF game.

After those guys would have fizzled out(and they probably would have), it would have depended on who would have been available. Maybe we struggle to find a guy until Reeves takes a flier on Brett Favre in 1991.

Comment

Typical ESPN. They like to do revisionist junk like that with their hypotheticals. I stopped caring about ESPN a long time ago after they showed theri true colors.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
          Typical ESPN. They like to do revisionist junk like that with their hypotheticals. I stopped caring about ESPN a long time ago after they showed theri true colors.
          What do you like in life?

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
            The Browns! :thumb:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
              The Browns, History, drinking, watching TV, going for a walk, old abandoned buildings, ghost towns, old books, video games. You know, the usual stuff.
              The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Can anyone connect the dots between Barry Levinson and Adam Sandler?

There's another one that considers what would happen if the Falcons didn't trade Brett Favre. Michael Vick winds up being drafted by the San Diego Chargers, and goes on to win "a couple of Super Bowl rings". He then becomes a surfer and competes in ASP World Tour events huh? I wonder if Vick knows how close he came to being a professional surfer.

Comment

Working...
                X