Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second coming of TD, but not in a good way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. Everyone gets tired of being second guessed on a regular basis like Shanny seems to be, and I'm sure Droughns carries had some connection to that. That and embarrassing "Da Faiders".

Comment

Originally posted by takmart
      ****News flash*****

Reuben broke his leg in college, so I guess he's a time bomb too.....

moron....

****News flash*****

Faulty logic. Some injuries heal while others never heal completly.

Why is it that some people break their legs and they are just fine a few month later while some people can never run on that leg again? Not all leg injuries are alike.
      "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Re: T777

Originally posted by Ravage!!!

Portis..36 rushes for 171 yards...
        Droughs...38 rushes for 178 yrds.

Thats a coincidence? really? yeah.. call ME asinine and I'll call you Naive.
        Ok. You're asinine AND naive. (2 for 1)

I'll repeat the basis of the arguement...the odds of Shanahan having Portis' rushing numbers in front of him are extremely slim in the first place. The odds of him having the numbers in front of him AND choosing to give RD the ball, JUST to have RB beat Portis' numbers are slim to none, with the emphasis on none.

Ridiculous. All the other reasoning you base on emotions of a man you don't even personally know, are notwithstanding.

T777
        "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Droughns will not get over worked, not when you have a coupla young runners behind him lusting for every carry shanny gives them. i think he wanted to just bury the raiders, that and add in the rain that hit in the second half, thats why he carried so much.
          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

"I'll repeat the basis of the arguement...the odds of Shanahan having Portis' rushing numbers in front of him are extremely slim in the first place...""...AND choosing to give RD the ball, JUST to have RB beat Portis' numbers are slim to none, with the emphasis on none..."

He doesn't have to have them in FRONT of him. There are Tens of assistant coaches. There are assistants to the assistants. THere are offensivie coordinators. You don't think ANY of these guys watch football from around the league? You don't think ANY of these people, (offensive coordinators, coaches, OWNERS) know what Portis did and KNOW the pressures of trying to make their decisions viable? You really believe that? You don't think that Shanahan, Kubiak, Bowlen, and (forgot his name)..the offensive line coach.. don't ALL want their running game to do BETTER than it was last year?? You don't think they feel the pressure to JUSTIFY their decision to TRADE away a 1500yrd rusher??

All the other reasoning you base on emotions of a man you don't even personally know, are notwithstanding.

Yet you make just as much assumptions that Im wrong... pot calling the kettle black, wouldn't you say? No, you wouldn't because you can't admit that I have a VERY good point. You are wrong on this. I'm right, and I know it.

Comment

*laughs*.. very mature Zacky!! way to go...

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                Droughns will not get over worked, not when you have a coupla young runners behind him lusting for every carry shanny gives them. i think he wanted to just bury the raiders, that and add in the rain that hit in the second half, thats why he carried so much.
                Droughns has fresh legs since he hardly ever got used as a RB. He ran all over the place as a fullback and crashed violently into LBs, so I'd say he can do the same on a regular basis with the ball in his hands without wearing down. Plus, that guy is a physical specimen for the RB position. Not Jamal Lewis physique, but he's cut.

Comment

I dont know if Shanahan kept RD in for all the reasons stated by RAVAGE, in the posts before. But I agree and also believe that Mike Knew how many yards Portis got earlier in the day, by assistant coaches, or info. fed to him by Kubiak & Co. upstairs, and thats why RD kept getting carries to surpass portis' yards ! Believe it !

Comment

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
                    ****News flash*****

Faulty logic. Some injuries heal while others never heal completly.

Why is it that some people break their legs and they are just fine a few month later while some people can never run on that leg again? Not all leg injuries are alike.

You gotta look at the original quote before mine dude, i was being saracastic....

This is what was before me ......... read below

Perry1977......

***News flash***

The knee that ended TD's career was injured when he was in college. He was a time bomb. The knee he injured with the Broncos healed much better, but by the time he was recovered the degenerative condition in his other knee was too bad.

Nothing could have prevented what happened. Just be glad we got to use him to his full potential while he was healthy.
                    Rod Smith's response to Clinton Portis about being traded to Washington...

"Why the %^&! did we do that?"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                      Yes, but Shanny said after the game that he had confidence that Droughns wouldn't turn the ball over. What that says to me is that, although Shanny didn't out and out say it, he didn't want to risk a fumble by Griffin (who we already know has the history) or by Bell (who had that rep from college) in less than ideal weather conditions.

And to be honest, as a fan I felt a lot better about Droughns hanging onto that ball than any of our other backs.

And he might have been wanting to make sure Droughns out-rushed Portis.
                      Exactly. All anyone has to do is watch the post game interview on Broncos TV and they would know why he kept going with Droughns rather than giving it Bell or Griffin.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

31-3, 5-1, #1 defense, #5 offense all point to Shanny having made a good decision to trade. I don't give a dogpile what Portis is doing and why would Shanny. He has bigger fish to fry on a Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Well, even if shanny was trying to prove a point. Then why did he give some carries to Q at the end? Didn't Bell get a few too?

Comment

I dont know if anyone else has allready mentioned this earlier in the post so forgive me if i am repeating anything... (dont feel like reading the other posts)

Anyhow I dont think we really over used TD, his injury would of happened regaurdless IMO. It seems most people forget why TD was such a low pick to begin with. That was because TD was prone to Injury. I believe he had the same injury back when he was in College, along with one or two others. He was a great rusher back in his college days, and if he hadnt had those injurys he prolly wouldnt gone as such a low pick... and we prolly wouldnt of picked him, and we might not of got those 2 Super Bowls.

As for Reuben, hes shown so far that he can run with the best. After all the time he has spent as a fullback I think it has only helped him prepare to take hits better. Will he get injured? I hope not, I dont want to see any player on any team get injured and ruin their Career. But There really is no such thing as over rushing a back IMO.
                            2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Comment

Terrell had injury problems in college i think that contributed ... i think you are righ tin some respect dont give dourghns all the carries we got a rookie that needs to prove himself and with a blow out there is no better chance
                              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                              While he sits by his hearth at home.
                              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X