X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBDynasty
    replied
    Originally posted by Jrhampton
    Does that mean that less people liked TD than CP. I think not TD was loved by everyone that did not have to play agaisnt him. He was far from ostentatious.

Simple mile hi salute and flip of the ball to the ref and he was reloading for the next run.

If you had an option both at there prime who would it be TD or CP?
    Read the rest of the thread. Don't get me wrong. I'm staying unbiased. I like the humble guys but the flashy guys are fun to watch as well. I'm just simply stating that people like both so there isn't any point in bashing the showboaters. They make the game fun for people who like to be entertained in that manner. Remember, not everyone likes to see the same thing as you so you can't fault them.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Does that mean that less people liked TD than CP. I think not TD was loved by everyone that did not have to play agaisnt him. He was far from ostentatious.

Simple mile hi salute and flip of the ball to the ref and he was reloading for the next run.

TD any day of the week. I would take TD on his worst day over Portis on his best.

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by RBDynasty
    I thought the belt thing was pretty funny. It fires up the fans for the most part. Like it or not, there are a lot of people that like to see the showboating, hollywoodesque entertainment. What Portis did was fine; it was on the sideline and not on the playing field. The league has really taken it too far with the endzone celebrations, etc. Why do you think the NFL has been nicknamed the No Fun League?

Sure, all the humble players are great to watch, but if everyone in the league was like that, there would be a lot less fans.

Leave a comment:

• RBDynasty
    replied
    Originally posted by Atwater His Ass
    I agree that fans have every right to enjoy stuff like that. They are fans, and that's what fans do. But as a player you need to have more class than to act like that. The same rules do not apply to fans and players.

I agree that it doesn't make Portis a bad person. He already was a bad apple, as he proved with his contract demands. Denver as an organization has a lot of class, and really, Portis didn't fit here. I wish him well in Washington, but am glad he is gone.
    I can sort of agree with you in that players should show more class since they are supposed to be role models for kids. But they are people too and they're allowed to show emotion, passion, etc. As long as they don't spit on other players like Romo did, it's just good natured fun.

Now the contract subject, I completely agree with you on. He should have finished out the contract and if he continued to perform well, then he would have had every right to ask for more money. I'm still burned about that.

Leave a comment:

• Atwater His Ass
    replied
    You have every right to be disgusted with it, but people who enjoy seeing sideshows like this also have every right to enjoy it. It doesn't make him a bad person or fans bad fans because they like the entertainment.
    I agree that fans have every right to enjoy stuff like that. They are fans, and that's what fans do. But as a player you need to have more class than to act like that. The same rules do not apply to fans and players.

I agree that it doesn't make Portis a bad person. He already was a bad apple, as he proved with his contract demands. Denver as an organization has a lot of class, and really, Portis didn't fit here. I wish him well in Washington, but am glad he is gone.

Leave a comment:

• RBDynasty
    replied
    It didn't fire me up at all. In fact, I was pretty disgusted that Shanny allowed it to happen at all. I know Portis had an awesome game, but it's a team sport, and Portis doesn't understand that. Pointing to the scoreboard should be the only showboating needed, imo.
    You have every right to be disgusted with it, but people who enjoy seeing sideshows like this also have every right to enjoy it. It doesn't make him a bad person or fans bad fans because they like the entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    I hated dealing portis away. I thought of it

" if u take the #1 player on Offense out, how are you going to put points up?"

But now i like it.

Leave a comment:

• Atwater His Ass
    replied
    I thought the belt thing was pretty funny. It fires up the fans for the most part. Like it or not, there are a lot of people that like to see the showboating, hollywoodesque entertainment. What Portis did was fine; it was on the sideline and not on the playing field. The league has really taken it too far with the endzone celebrations, etc. Why do you think the NFL has been nicknamed the No Fun League?

Sure, all the humble players are great to watch, but if everyone in the league was like that, there would be a lot less fans.
    It didn't fire me up at all. In fact, I was pretty disgusted that Shanny allowed it to happen at all. I know Portis had an awesome game, but it's a team sport, and Portis doesn't understand that. Pointing to the scoreboard should be the only showboating needed, imo.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Re: Yea I would say we got a good deal with the Redskins

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
    Bailey has been working well and we are living up to our reputation for running backs so I would say we aren't hurting from the deal.
    Imho we got the better end of the deal hands down.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho
    does anyone recall who the die hard ..broncos are gonna suck cause shanny traded the best back in the league ,people were?
    do you guys remember all the whinning,,

I went back and looked at some of the posts made back then. Pretty funny stuff.

I was always in support of the trade but I did say that other guys were going to have to step up. Ashley Lelie in particular.

Leave a comment:

• RBDynasty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bleedbluorange
    replied
    That was just funny. Sharpe was having fun with some of the fans at the game in a good natured way. The whole championship belt thing was too disrespectful to the chiefs. I hate the chefs as much as the next guy, but you do stuff like that in the locker room, away from the cameras.
    I didnt really go for the belt thing. But if it was about disrespecting the chefs then I'm all for it.

Leave a comment:

• Atwater His Ass
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncosinindy
    what about when we played NE and he called in for the national gaurd ... i know that aint a cancer but in comparrison that is just about the same thing championship belt _ natioanl guard
    That was just funny. Sharpe was having fun with some of the fans at the game in a good natured way. The whole championship belt thing was too disrespectful to the chiefs. I hate the chefs as much as the next guy, but you do stuff like that in the locker room, away from the cameras.

Leave a comment:

• twotone
    replied
    I was beside myself with joy when I heard about this trade. I had soured on Portis far before the trade went through because of contract issues, and I didn't like his attitude at all. He was still a Bronco, so I still said he was the best back in the league and gave him my support, but wished that it was someone else. I had also said for years that we needed a corner (or safety) and every year the draft came and went and no top flight corners were drafted. I accepted the fact that the Broncos would be a badass running team with no defense for the pass.

I admit that when they said on Sportscenter "Clinton Portis....to be...traded?" and then cut to commercial I was scared. But when they came back and told me it was for Champ Bailey, I was ecstatic.

Champ has yet to let me down. I hope he's playing here for many many years. And kudos to Shanny for having the balls and confidence to pull the trigger on this one.

Leave a comment:

• bleedbluorange
    replied
    Also I like the fact that both Q and RD seem to be really humble guys, now how long that will stay that way remains to be seen. Sure that Mikey wiil take care of them if they turn in 1500 yards seasons.
    As soon as they are in the last year of their contract. With Droughns success, I doubt if anyone will ever trade for our running backs. They will feel it's just the system. Then again it really depends on Portis. If he has succes than maybe we can get another big time trade when we need it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X