Will we have a 1,000 yard WR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we have a 1,000 yard WR?

I have no clue. Rod looks hot for 3 games, and then cold for 2.

He has 27 rec for 350 yards.

Lelie has 16 rec for 308 yards.
    Yes
    64.81%
    No
    35.19%
    Last edited by Peerless; 10-21-2004, 01:11 PM.

its probably gonna be lelie. he gets his yards in bunches, and if he combines those big 30 to 50+ yard grabs with a couple 11 and 15 yard ones, he will have a great year.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

It's possible since Lelie and Smith each have over 300 yards at this point, but its hard to tell. I doubt that either one of them will break the 1,000 yard mark, but I think Lelie has the best chance to, especailly since he averages 19.3 yards per catch.
      The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
        its probably gonna be lelie. he gets his yards in bunches, and if he combines those big 30 to 50+ yard grabs with a couple 11 and 15 yard ones, he will have a great year.
        You think Lelie? I could see him because he seems to get more yards then Rod on the long bombs.

Comment

Lelie is only going to get better as the season goes on. I'm sure he will break 1000.
          The new website is about as ugly as Paris Hilton. Put the blue back!

Comment

Originally posted by RBDynasty
            Lelie is only going to get better as the season goes on. I'm sure he will break 1000.
            My neighbor is making a bet with me, cuz he's a bronco fan here on WI also (thats why i started the thread). I dont know if i wanna bet my hard work $20 for mowing the lawn lol.

Comment

I don't think so, not this year. We rely so heavily on our TE's that it really takes a lot of catches away from the WR's. Good for the offense, bad for individual stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                I don't think so, not this year. We rely so heavily on our TE's that it really takes a lot of catches away from the WR's. Good for the offense, bad for individual stats.
                Id rather have an O that goes all the way, then a great WR (like Boldin) who wont make the P.O's.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, our offense is perfectly capable of producing 1000 yard WR's...just I don't think it will happen this year. I think everyone can tell that Rod is a step slower than last year, and probably isn't more than a couple years from retirement. Typically in that situation numbers start to dwindle.

Ashley Lelie, on the other hand, is I think at the cusp of his best years in the league...but I think we will have to wait till next year for him to break the 1,000 yard mark.

I just want more Watts from our passing game.

Comment

Lelie may go over the mark, depending if he gets more passes thrown to him.
                    sigpic

Comment

Smith
                      [iMG]

Comment

I don't see us having a 1000 yd WR this year. It will be close but, with our running game clicking I see a ball control offense in our future, that kind of O doesn't give WR big numbers
                        No Blood No Foul

Comment

I think Ashley has potential to have 1,000.

There are going to be lots of 4 digit yardage for us this year I think

Doesn't Plummer already have over 1,000 passing yards?

Course so do like 6 other QBs since it's not too difficult but still.
                          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I hope we do.. and I hope it's Lelie.

Comment

If we continue to have success in the running game, get turn overs which provide more offensive opporunity
                              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                              X