Plummer isn't a good QB...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
    I never said that there was anything wrong with Plummer except for his inconsistency. This was the whole point of the thread... He's inconsistent and everyone knows that.
    So?
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Re: This

Originally posted by Black59Razor
      This is an interesting Post.

Bronco fans continue to cannibalize themselves, and it is fun to watch...
      People passing opinons back and forth (with the ocasional smack talk) is not canabilization, it is the heart of good sports talk. However if someone throws out a dumb post just to see if they can get something started and the do get somehting started they shouldn't complain that something started!

Comment

Re: No

What I mean is, the Broncos are 5-1, playing well, and Jake has only five Int's, and his 10 TD passes are tied for second (with Brady) in the entire AFC... But if you went by this post, you would think he is chucking up Int's every other play...He has had a few games this season where he has saved the Broncos bacon, and you still get posts like this...

...and the Brian Griese quote was a joke...he made two costly picks in Monday Nights game that cost the Bucs a game they really should have won...he could not carry Jake's jock...

Amazing...
        my point exactly I was defending Jake.

Comment

Re: No

What I mean is, the Broncos are 5-1, playing well, and Jake has only five Int's, and his 10 TD passes are tied for second (with Brady) in the entire AFC... But if you went by this post, you would think he is chucking up Int's every other play...He has had a few games this season where he has saved the Broncos bacon, and you still get posts like this...

...and the Brian Griese quote was a joke...he made two costly picks in Monday Nights game that cost the Bucs a game they really should have won...he could not carry Jake's jock...

Amazing...

This is my point. I've not seen any problems with Plummer this year. And I really don't care about Griese.

Plummer took us to the playoffs and it looks like we're going again (if we keep it up) and I do believe Griese didn't do jack for us. Plummer wins games, Griese doesn't
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OBF
            This is the 140971234908198th Plummer bashing/praising thread. It is get VERY old, lets talk about somehtin else!!

Plummer is good, and he wins, maybe he isn't GREAT, but who cares!
            I know lets talk about QG, Droughns, and Bell, because we never talk about them.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I've had enough of these idiotic Plummer bashing threads. Sheesh....you don't like him, DEAL WITH IT.

14-3 as a starter, 87.3 season QB rating, a class act all the way. Nuff said.
              Only winners get wings.

Comment

Interesting stats of a certain qb throughout his illustrious career:
                ADDITIONAL STATISTICS: Fumbled six times and recovered three fumbles for minus one yard in 1983; fumbled 14 times and recovered seven fumbles, 1984; fumbled seven times and recovered three fumbles, 1985; fumbled seven times and recovered one fumble for minus four yards, caught one pass for 23 yards and a touchdown, 1986; fumbled twice, punted once for 31 yards, 1987; fumbled seven times, recovered five fumbles, punted three times for 117 yards, 1988; fumbled nine times, recovered two fumbles, and punted once for 34 yards; fumbled eight times, recovered one fumble, punted once for 37 yards, 1990; fumbled 11 times, recovered two fumbles, and caught a 24-yard pass, 1991; fumbled 12 times, recovered one fumble, 1992; fumbled 13 times, recovered nine fumbles for minus three yards, 1993; fumbled 11 times, recoverd two for minus five yards, 1994; fumbled nine times, recovered one fumble, 1995; fumbled six times, recovered two fumbles, 1996; fumbled nine times, 1997; fumbled seven times, recovered two fumbles and caught one pass for 14 yards (from Rod Smith), 1998. Receiving Totals: 3-61 (20.3), with a long of 24.

1984: Elway led the Broncos to a 12-2 record in his 14 regular season starts in 1984. He completed 214 of 380 passes for 2,598 yards, with 18 TDs and 15 interceptions. Not only was his passing a factor in his leadership of the offense, but he finished third on the team in rushing with 237 yards.

1986: 19 touchdowns with 13 interceptions,

1988: 17 touchdowns and 19 interceptions(WOW! And we kept him????)

1989: 18 touchdowns and 18 interceptions

1990: 15 touchdowns, and 14 interceptions

1991: He threw 12 touchdown passes and tied a career low with just 12 interceptions.(CAREER LOW????)

1992: 10 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.(Wrong Way Elway??)

I won't bore you with ALL of his years, but hopefully, DB, you get the jest.
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                  I know lets talk about QG, Droughns, and Bell, because we never talk about them.

No TX! Down! Don't say that too loud or they'll be 10 new threads on the topic by morning...hahahaha.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                    Interesting stats of a certain qb throughout his illustrious career:
                    ADDITIONAL STATISTICS: Fumbled six times and recovered three fumbles for minus one yard in 1983; fumbled 14 times and recovered seven fumbles, 1984; fumbled seven times and recovered three fumbles, 1985; fumbled seven times and recovered one fumble for minus four yards, caught one pass for 23 yards and a touchdown, 1986; fumbled twice, punted once for 31 yards, 1987; fumbled seven times, recovered five fumbles, punted three times for 117 yards, 1988; fumbled nine times, recovered two fumbles, and punted once for 34 yards; fumbled eight times, recovered one fumble, punted once for 37 yards, 1990; fumbled 11 times, recovered two fumbles, and caught a 24-yard pass, 1991; fumbled 12 times, recovered one fumble, 1992; fumbled 13 times, recovered nine fumbles for minus three yards, 1993; fumbled 11 times, recoverd two for minus five yards, 1994; fumbled nine times, recovered one fumble, 1995; fumbled six times, recovered two fumbles, 1996; fumbled nine times, 1997; fumbled seven times, recovered two fumbles and caught one pass for 14 yards (from Rod Smith), 1998. Receiving Totals: 3-61 (20.3), with a long of 24.

1984: Elway led the Broncos to a 12-2 record in his 14 regular season starts in 1984. He completed 214 of 380 passes for 2,598 yards, with 18 TDs and 15 interceptions. Not only was his passing a factor in his leadership of the offense, but he finished third on the team in rushing with 237 yards.

1986: 19 touchdowns with 13 interceptions,

1988: 17 touchdowns and 19 interceptions(WOW! And we kept him????)

1989: 18 touchdowns and 18 interceptions

1990: 15 touchdowns, and 14 interceptions

1991: He threw 12 touchdown passes and tied a career low with just 12 interceptions.(CAREER LOW????)

1992: 10 touchdowns and 17 interceptions.(Wrong Way Elway??)

I won't bore you with ALL of his years, but hopefully, DB, you get the jest.
                    Excellent point. You know DB, it seems like that you emanate the "bandwagon fan" vibe. Right now you have a Droughns sig. What are you going to do if he screws up? Are you going to rip into him? You want him traded back to the Lions or something just like that. What about Champ Bailey? What if he begins to suck for awhile? What then? Worst case-what of the Broncos go 0-16 one season? Are you going to abandon the team completely and come back when Denver wins another Super Bowl?
                    Only winners get wings.

Comment

• Mmmmmmm....yogert.
                      Mind what you have learned, save you it can.

Comment

• Originally posted by ozbot87
                        Excellent point. You know DB, it seems like that you emanate the "bandwagon fan" vibe. Right now you have a Droughns sig. What are you going to do if he screws up? Are you going to rip into him? You want him traded back to the Lions or something just like that. What about Champ Bailey? What if he begins to suck for awhile? What then? Worst case-what of the Broncos go 0-16 one season? Are you going to abandon the team completely and come back when Denver wins another Super Bowl?
                        1. I have a Droughns sig because he is doing great, but I still think Bell is the man for the job.

2. I would never hate on Champ, 1. Because he's just awesome, 2. Because he will never do bad.

3. I AM NOT A BANDWAGON FAN.

Oh and rsodak I guess you proved me wrong.
                        sigpic

Comment

• 14 wins 4 losses in only 2 seasons as a denver starter......thats all that is needed....Oh yea remember how horrific the offense was when he was injured.......Jake the snake is great.
                          Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

• Originally posted by Booher
                            14 wins 4 losses in only 2 seasons as a denver starter......thats all that is needed....Oh yea remember how horrific the offense was when he was injured.......Jake the snake is great.
                            I'm sick of stupid, negative threads like this, especially if you are Bronco fan.

Now I know you guys will say "It's a free world, and it's a free board" but the point I want to make is if you want to stay negaive and live in a negative world, then go for it.....if not, then at least look at the bright side of it all.

- We're 5-1.

- We're taking the division; the first time in YEARS.

- We have a great defense and we always had a good defense.

- We finally have play makers out of Lelie and Droughns, Putzier

- Our QB is 14-4....

And that what gets me, a 14-4 QB that threw for 3 frickin touchdowns and you DBfan4life always have to start a thread about something that makes no sense.

What will make you happy? Do you want a QB like Dante? Who last I checked chocked against the Cardinals last year. Do you want a QB like Vick who can't make it in the league without getting hurt? Do you want McNabb who chokes in 3 NFC championship games? Brett Farve throw tons of picks but he still wins!

Tom Brady, Chad Pennington, Kurt Warner are all winners.....they play ugly, but they win and so does Jake and if you like to watch the Broncos play every Sunday and go "Our QB is mediocre", they you're not a "Denver Bronco Fan For Life' you're more of a "Compaliner For Life" and will never be satisfied.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

• I was stoked on jake the minute he was signed......he has his turnovers but hey look at rc's earlier post and that puts it into perspective......For a minute there ao I though your post was directed at me since you quoted me.....only his 2nd year and look at his record. jake is a stud
                              Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

• Originally posted by AsianOrange
                                I'm sick of stupid, negative threads like this, especially if you are Bronco fan.

Now I know you guys will say "It's a free world, and it's a free board" but the point I want to make is if you want to stay negaive and live in a negative world, then go for it.....if not, then at least look at the bright side of it all.

- We're 5-1.

- We're taking the division; the first time in YEARS.

- We have a great defense and we always had a good defense.

- We finally have play makers out of Lelie and Droughns, Putzier

- Our QB is 14-4....

And that what gets me, a 14-4 QB that threw for 3 frickin touchdowns and you DBfan4life always have to start a thread about something that makes no sense.

What will make you happy? Do you want a QB like Dante? Who last I checked chocked against the Cardinals last year. Do you want a QB like Vick who can't make it in the league without getting hurt? Do you want McNabb who chokes in 3 NFC championship games? Brett Farve throw tons of picks but he still wins!

Tom Brady, Chad Pennington, Kurt Warner are all winners.....they play ugly, but they win and so does Jake and if you like to watch the Broncos play every Sunday and go "Our QB is mediocre", they you're not a "Denver Bronco Fan For Life' you're more of a "Compaliner For Life" and will never be satisfied.
                                Great post, DBfan has always struck me as a bit of an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X