X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    I'm guessing that maybe DB is lisiting to closing analysts on ESPN.

Perhaps...hehe, perhaps they need to look at the play and the stats as well.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by RealBronco
    Perhaps this can help settle it.

These are total passing yards. Plummer's in the Top 10 and he's ahead of Manning. He's also 4th in total TDs and he has LESS INTs than Bulger and Favre and the same amount as Carr.

Come on, you can't rag on a QB that's doing this well when compared to guys like Culpepper, Manning, and Favre.

..................................Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating.

1 Daunte Culpepper MIN 1766 187 135 18 3 63 127.0

2 Marc Bulger STL 1690 211 138 9 6 52 92.3

3 David Carr HOU 1641 175 112 8 5 54 97.8

4 Brett Favre GB 1460 208 130 11 6 79 89.0

5 Aaron Brooks NO 1415 213 124 8 3 45 84.9

6 Donovan McNabb PHI 1377 170 112 9 2 55 103.5

7 Byron Leftwich JAC 1364 203 129 7 4 64 86.3

8 Jake Plummer DEN 1328 184 107 10 5 58 87.4

9 Peyton Manning IND 1321 157 104 14 3 64 114.1

10 Vinny Testaverde DAL 1301 174 104 5 4 48 83.0
    I'm guessing that maybe DB is lisiting to closing analysts on ESPN.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Perhaps this can help settle it.

These are total passing yards. Plummer's in the Top 10 and he's ahead of Manning. He's also 4th in total TDs and he has LESS INTs than Bulger and Favre and the same amount as Carr.

Come on, you can't rag on a QB that's doing this well when compared to guys like Culpepper, Manning, and Favre.

..................................Yds Att Cmp TDs Ints Long Rating.

1 Daunte Culpepper MIN 1766 187 135 18 3 63 127.0

2 Marc Bulger STL 1690 211 138 9 6 52 92.3

3 David Carr HOU 1641 175 112 8 5 54 97.8

4 Brett Favre GB 1460 208 130 11 6 79 89.0

5 Aaron Brooks NO 1415 213 124 8 3 45 84.9

6 Donovan McNabb PHI 1377 170 112 9 2 55 103.5

7 Byron Leftwich JAC 1364 203 129 7 4 64 86.3

8 Jake Plummer DEN 1328 184 107 10 5 58 87.4

9 Peyton Manning IND 1321 157 104 14 3 64 114.1

10 Vinny Testaverde DAL 1301 174 104 5 4 48 83.0

Leave a comment:

• ORANGECRUSH77
    replied
    Are you totaly stupid? How can you say that about the P Man? He is an awesome scambling QB that will very well could get denver to the superbowl this year. He is getting used to the system.. I think he is a wonderful QB personaly. Did you know that Elway being the legend he is was indeed sacked more then any other denver QB ever? All QB's have weaknesses and merits.

Leave a comment:

• EddyMac87
    replied
    LOL, how did this thread go 9 pages?

Leave a comment:

• EddyMac87
    replied
    Re: Plummer isn't a good QB...

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
    He's descent, I don't his inconsistancy. Yes, he has alot of potential, but his career is half over and he does nothing but throws INTs. I hate it, you never know what to expect from him. Wether it's a good game or a bad one. IMO, he is over rated across this board and across all of the Broncos nation... He gets to much respect and he really doesn't earn it. I'm not saying bench him, but now Griese on the Bucs is making Plummer look like a pee wee player.
    plummer is now 14-3 as a bronco starter......the "W" stat is more important then the "INT" stat

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos4ever
    This thread was a waste of my time... Some kid who thinks he knows it all...

DBfan, think of what you post and if you are wrong and can't spell, admit it. It is not the end of the world...

You can have your own opinion but back it up.

Griese for all the stats he has is a loser in games. He makes many more poor decisions then Jake has in Denver. He has now been with three different teams and who knows how long he will stay with Tampa Bay? His poor decision in throwing into the endzone in the fourth quarter lost Tampa the game. He has poor leadership and blames everyone but himself when things go wrong.

Jake is better than decent with the record he has posted in Denver. With the Cardinals he had his problems, but he has done much better with the instruction of Mike Shanahan and the Denver Organization.

I realize you are young, but as others have said you need to think of the backlash you will get when you post things that are going to be controversial and admit when you are wrong.
    It more than that B4E, he jumps from one bandwagon to the next. I almost think that if (and hopefully it wont happen) Kanell had to replace Plummer because of injury and did well he would say Kanell should start.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by twotone
    I read through all the pages of this thread, and kept finding things that I was going to say, going to respond to, going to quote, but you guys have said it all.

Please DBfan, please, just think more before you post. I'm sure I'm with everyone else when I say that we don't want you to stop posting, just please stop posting like you're posting your age and inexperience every time you post.

Griese making Plummer look like a pee-wee player?

Think man, think.
    This thread was a waste of my time... Some kid who thinks he knows it all...

DBfan, think of what you post and if you are wrong and can't spell, admit it. It is not the end of the world...

You can have your own opinion but back it up.

Griese for all the stats he has is a loser in games. He makes many more poor decisions then Jake has in Denver. He has now been with three different teams and who knows how long he will stay with Tampa Bay? His poor decision in throwing into the endzone in the fourth quarter lost Tampa the game. He has poor leadership and blames everyone but himself when things go wrong.

Jake is better than decent with the record he has posted in Denver. With the Cardinals he had his problems, but he has done much better with the instruction of Mike Shanahan and the Denver Organization.

I realize you are young, but as others have said you need to think of the backlash you will get when you post things that are going to be controversial and admit when you are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Knight
    replied
    Re: Plummer isn't a good QB...

He's descent, I don't his inconsistancy. Yes, he has alot of potential, but his career is half over and he does nothing but throws INTs. I hate it, you never know what to expect from him. Wether it's a good game or a bad one. IMO, he is over rated across this board and across all of the Broncos nation... He gets to much respect and he really doesn't earn it. I'm not saying bench him, but now Griese on the Bucs is making Plummer look like a pee wee player.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFan#12323
    replied
    Have you even watched a game.

Jake has been nails in the 4th quarter running out the clock getting critical 1st downs often hanging on to a 3 point lead.

Last year we could win without portis, but we could not win without jake.

Jake is 14-4 (Including Playoffs) how many QB's have that win %?

Who would you rather have then Jake? Peyton=give up 2-3 other starters to afford him, Culpepper=fumbles a lot still, McNabb=Good luck ever getting him out of philly and paying 3 times what plummer makes, Brady=Actually plays very simular to jake only with less mobility, but a little better desition make, but a much stronger recieving core.

But being realistic who would you get?

you seem more like an attention whore then someone that actually knows football.

Leave a comment:

• bklynbronco
    replied
    you really sound ignorant

I never said Griese is better than Plummer. I said that he is making Plummer look like a pee-wee player... Read closer next time...
    The system that denver runs is based on a successful running game right?

when jake rolls out after a play action he can either boot leg or throw it and he's one of the best in the league at doing that. that's his strength. It's when the running game is slowed down and eventually jake has to drop back in the pocket that his problems occur. Is his decision making questionable? Yes. does he make up for it later on? YES. Look at his fourth QT stats and see how many mistakes he makes in the last 5 minutes of the game. Griese had to hope that that simms got hurt for him to get into the game tells you highly the bucs had griese on thier depth chart.
    the big difference between Jake and Brian and this will always be the case, jake's a finisher and brian isn't. simple as that. i like the broncos chances when jake has the ball and driving for a winning score. remember in that jax game before Q fumbled who was driving the broncos for a winning FG against the jags? Jake.
    Your comments just seem like you trying to start an arguement for any ole reason because i think in your heart you know jake is pretty good but you were bored and wanted to get everybody pissed off either that or your ignorant.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    If Griese was anygood the broncos woulda kept him, he sux, you can ask the bronco fans or the miami fans, he has a problem with drinking, now i dont know, maybe he dried up since he got to the bucs, but only two games playing for them doesnt tell us anything about him getting better. Plummer has something Griese never will, Desire to win! no matter what happens in the game, fumble, int, what ever, jake will be there at the end fighting to pull it out in the fourth, ill take a guy with heart any day.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Maybe he left his 'puter signed on and a faider fan walked by, said "ooh, boy, lookey what I found".......

Leave a comment:

• AsianOrange
    replied
    Hhrmm......I'm gonna keep my eyes on him.

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Broncos
    replied
    Originally posted by twotone
    I read through all the pages of this thread, and kept finding things that I was going to say, going to respond to, going to quote, but you guys have said it all.

Please DBfan, please, just think more before you post. I'm sure I'm with everyone else when I say that we don't want you to stop posting, just please stop posting like you're posting your age and inexperience every time you post.

Griese making Plummer look like a pee-wee player?

Think man, think.
    I can only think of one thing he might have learned in this thread:

He finally learned how to spell "decent".

I'm in the camp that thinks that DB put this thread up just to get attention. That would also explain his "I'm not gonna post anymore, but here's your last chance to convince me otherwise" thread.

When you post, you best be prepared for the backlash (both positive and negative) it creates. Not that you don't deserve to get banged on, because you do.

Honestly, a pee-wee player?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X