Jerry Porter a Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Porter a Bronco

Just a thought. Free agent after this season. Unhappy in Oakland. Mad at management. There is no other way to get back at the raiders than to come to the broncos.

Porter said he has voided the final year of his contract for next season, already having reached a playing-time clause that allows him to do so. He was the Raiders' second-round draft pick in 2000 out of West Virginia, but indicated he won't return next season.

``I'm done,'' he said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

and what did i tell ya stupid suckaz about my hommie ashley. I told yall would be alright and everybody wanted to fuss and fight wit me. Now yall ridin his thing steady. like i said. stupid suckaz.

I dare yall to click this link.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/forums/...threadid=16103

see how foolish you are.

only thing i regret in that thread is calling for the head of shannahan. But i still like lelie should get more looks. and throw the ball deep please.
    Last edited by MilitantDBFan; 10-22-2004, 06:59 AM.
    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Re: Jerry Porter a Bronco

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
    Just a thought. Free agent after this season. Unhappy in Oakland. Mad at management. There is no other way to get back at the raiders than to come to the broncos.

Porter said he has voided the final year of his contract for next season, already having reached a playing-time clause that allows him to do so. He was the Raiders' second-round draft pick in 2000 out of West Virginia, but indicated he won't return next season.

``I'm done,'' he said.

and what did i tell ya stupid suckaz about my hommie ashley. I told yall would be alright and everybody wanted to fuss and fight wit me. Now yall ridin his thing steady. like i said. stupid suckaz.

see how foolish you are.

only thing i regret in that thread is calling for the head of shannahan. But i still like lelie should get more looks. and throw the ball deep please.

Comment

Re: Jerry Porter a Bronco

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan

``I'm done,'' he said.

see how foolish you are.

I wonder how ppl go and find these old threads? I dont much like bringing them back up. However, I do like to see what ppl's opinions were.

Nope I see no reason to get Porter. He isnt even that good. This year was supposed to be his year. He hasnt stepped up. In the past when he was productive he was in the slot. Playing the #3 reciever between Brown and Rice. Now those two have grown to old to produce and he still hasnt stepped up.

Comment

if we have the cap room and he comes in with a positive attitude i like his over the middle capablity with lelie flying down the field and watts that would be a good tandem
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

On top of that there's Marvin Harrison, Chris Chambers & Plaxico Burress. The end of Smith's career is coming and I'm not sure if Shanny wants to make Lelie the heir to #1 WR™
          This space for rent

Comment

I bet he comes with fairly large price tag.
            Last edited by TXBRONC; 10-22-2004, 02:47 PM.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

If Smith retires, yes the Broncos should go after a big name WR.

Comment

The only way we should go after Porter is if Smith retires. Thats the only reason because otherwise he is taking playing time away from Watts and Lelie. Plus he would probably demand way too much money anyways.
                The Denver Broncos - 6 Time AFC Champions ('77, '86, '87, '89, '97, '98)

2 Time NFL Champions ('97, '98)

Stomping on the Competition since 1960.

Comment

dude. Porter sucks.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Re: Chambers

Originally posted by Black59Razor
                    Do not be surprised if the Broncos make a run at Chris Chambers....he was the last recommendation Jack Elway made to Shanahan before he died...

I would not be suprised if Shanahan remembers that and brings him in...
                    they could get him for a decent ammount of $$$ too™
                    This space for rent

Comment

Why even debate about Porter? He is always injured. And he is more hype than anything else. If we have to get someone we have to get someone like Hines Ward. I dont know when he becomes available, but we need someone in that mold. Porter looks pathetic against champ. Many do, but if he was all that then he would have produced a little more. Hell, J. Smith and Clayton caught a couple. Porter is all hype.

Comment

Porter reminds me of chris cole, always injured prone.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                          Porter reminds me of chris cole, always injured prone.
                          I dont want anybody on the raiders team. Except Woodson, he and Champ would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                            I dont want anybody on the raiders team. Except Woodson, he and Champ would be awesome
                            I would probably fall over dead if we were able to have Bailey and Woodson on the same team. Could you imagine the Defensive set on that? We might as well move Lynch and Kennedy to within 5 yeards off the ball and play man on the WR.

Then I woke up!!! Wow nice dream though!!!

Comment

I don't want a Raider playing for us.. esp someone who, just because he isn't happy, won't try to play his heart out.

Comment

Working...
                              X