Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Micanopy View Post
    As a lefty myself I thank you It's not a good idea to impose right handed patterns on a person using their left hand. Makes for awkward, non flowing movements. It is a set up, not just my my opinion, for hemispheric dominance switching (loss of one side being in control overall) in the brain,which leads to clumsiness, dyslexia, brain farts, mental fog, and general poor neurological integration and communication. Better off to let him do what he does. Also, plays to left instead of to right will work better.

I finally gave up in baseball, and started batting right handed, and it was a lot less frustrating and way more successful, but I can't switch hands on most things. And switching hands is one of the main causes of hemispheric switching.
    As a fellow lefty, I disagree.

Forcing a lefty to perform tasks AS A RIGHT-HANDED PERSON WOULD can cause the things you are talking about. I was among the very last generation where teachers still tried to force leftys to write right-handed. It did cause me problems, but those disappeared as soon as I was allowed to write with my left hand.

I do most things left-handed - writing, throwing a ball, holding a tennis racket, etc. I also perform those tasks with the same motion as a right-handed person would. It's just a mirror-image of how they do it. The motions are the same, just flipped left-for-right. I had no problem at all showing my right-handed son how to throw a baseball, shoot a basketball, or swing a baseball bat - even though I was doing it left-handed. It was still the same motion. I was able to demonstrate it to him and he mimicked it successfully - right handed.

Don't try to play down Tebow's struggles as a result of being left-handed or dyslexic or anything else. He doesn't.

And quite frankly, the reason why his is struggling is unimportant. That's for him to solve. The fact that he is struggling is unchanged...
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

Comment

• If anyone remembers, Tebow struggled in camp last year too. I'm sure there are good players around the NFL that struggle in camp, but do good during the season.
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

• I am going to use an analogy to describe what I think is going on.

Let's think of it as learning to type. For years, you chicken pecked but it worked and now you want to be more efficient at it. So, you start learning the keys like asdf without hunting the keyboard. After some time, you become good at it and you move on to the jkl; keys. Here where it starts to get difficult because you are learning new keys, while still retaining what you learned asdf.

Teachers say the best practice to learning is repetition and applying it. Right now, it is expected for Tim to struggle. He is learning (analogy) the keyboard. He doesn't it know if yet and he is still thinking his way in practice. That is why people are saying the same thing, "he is thinking too much". Once you learn it enough, you no longer think, you just do. I am sure any person here that learned to type will mention the same thing.

It comes down to how many keys he can learn and how many wpm he can process. (analogy again). The real question is how much can he learn and how fast he can process it.

If you don't struggle, you don't learn. If you don't learn, you don't grow. I just hope he learns the right way and the Broncos are patient enough to let him grow, otherwise I can see him gone next season.
        Last edited by Houdini; 07-31-2011, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• I really don't think struggling is a blessing. I want to to be able to look better, than what is reported.

Comment

• Tebow Picking Up His Play As Camp Progresses

Nice 7-on-7 session for Tim Tebow, who completed long TD passes to rookies Julius Thomas and Mark Dell
            http://twitter.com/#!/Denver_Broncos...84814853300224

Comment

• Thank goodness. Maybe now i dont have to kidnap kyle orton so he wont be our starter lol

Comment

• Well that doesn't say much , but It's good to see that Tebow is picking it up.

Out only hope of him starting is if he beats out borton which seems unlikely.
                Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Slow down!

This is against and with the second and third unit...he is not practicing with the first team today...Quinn and Orton are.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeliever View Post
                    This is against and with the second and third unit...he is not practicing with the first team today...Quinn and Orton are.
                    ^^Sadly this.
                    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

• MaxBroncos
                      He's been 2nd QB up today. RT Has Tebow got ANY reps with the 1's? Seems like he's been knocked to 3rd string.
                      Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                      You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

• From Lindsay Jones:

Rookie Mark Dell draws lots of cheers for a one-handed TD in back corner of end zone; pass from Tebow.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                        -Sean Payton

Comment

• Originally posted by Mile303High View Post
                          Thank goodness. Maybe now i dont have to kidnap kyle orton so he wont be our starter lol
                          I think you should kidnap him anyway just to be on the safe side.:orton:

Comment

• It doesn't matter if it's second team or first, if he's taking snaps, having good dropbacks and delivering the ball on time, that is a good sign.

Comment

• @dmac1043 Tebow having best day camp by far. Will get with sandy for details in a little. (104.3 the fan)
                              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by Mile303High View Post
                                Thank goodness. Maybe now i dont have to kidnap kyle orton so he wont be our starter lol
                                I also had plans swirling in my head... Wait what?

Comment

Working...
                                X