No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that Tebow bought all the unofficial hype that the job was his, the players all wanted him, and Orton was as good as traded.

So instead of focusing on REALLY improving as a QB during the lockout, he felt free to write books, make underwear commericals, buy sports facilities, appear on late night TV and just generally enjoy the life of a celebrity.

Meanwhile, Kyle Orton disappeared from sight and worked his arse off without distractions to be as prepared as he possibly could be when the lockout ended.

Hopefully, Timmy has learned something here...
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Tebow will start by mid season as planned...
      [sigpic

Comment

• The lockout hurt him big-time, needed the extra reps in OTA's, etc.

Comment

• I'd say 1,2, and 3.

Comment

• I don't agree with any of the choices. Why does it have to be anything he did wrong?

Do any of those apply to Brady Quinn?

Comment

• I would like to see a "I don't know *** the coaches are doing" option.
              Last edited by Brohemoth; 08-03-2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                I think that Tebow bought all the unofficial hype that the job was his, the players all wanted him, and Orton was as good as traded.

So instead of focusing on REALLY improving as a QB during the lockout, he felt free to write books, make underwear commericals, buy sports facilities, appear on late night TV and just generally enjoy the life of a celebrity.

Meanwhile, Kyle Orton disappeared from sight and worked his arse off without distractions to be as prepared as he possibly could be when the lockout ended.

This is exactly what happened . Even Quinn improved

Comment

• its funny hwo the two higest vote getters place blame on everyting but Tebow............look in the mirror

Comment

• The lockout is part of it. He did work hard this offseason.

Maybe he's just not ready yet. Maybe he is and we'll see it during the preseason games.

This story is in progress - it's hasn't been completed.

Comment

• Book was in the print stage already!!!!

Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                      I think that Tebow bought all the unofficial hype that the job was his, the players all wanted him, and Orton was as good as traded.

If you read the book you will know that Tebow takes nothing for granted. Takes no days off. Period!!! He leads by the highest example!!!

New plays were added from Carolina (McCoy interview) and Tebow ran how much with the first team last year???? No doubt he has to learn the progressions for the passing game, and foot work for the run game. And he will.

Orton on the other hand has seen multiple playbooks, took all the snaps last year, (70% same this year ..McCoy interview) and is a seasoned practice veteran.

Practice Smactice....GAME ON!!!! Tebow has not yet begun to fight!!!!
                      This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

• I really don't care who starts as Broncos QB. I root for Quinn to win the job (I root for the underdog, lol) but I do want the QB that gives us the best chance of winning to start.
                        Who ever starts should have a better chance with a running game behind them, two TE's that can actually catch the ball and a defense that can rush the passer AND cause turnovers.
                        I really don't expect the Broncos to win more than 6 or 7 games this season but might be surprised and they may win 9 or 10.
                        I like the Broncos signings and the fact that they signed many 1 yr contracts as opposed to signing long term contracts and the players don't preform and the Broncos are caught with a large "dead money account".
                        Go Broncos!!!

Comment

• Orton is a better pocket passer than Elway ever was.

So much for that one aspect of being a QB.

None of it, and I mean none of the news will turn the toad into a prince.

Meaning, nothing is going to make Orton into a QB that will be dynamic in the red zone, on third and long, nor will it help him become fleet of foot to escape a LB, buy time and make something out of nothing.

How ironic is it that BlueOrange's sig is Elway escaping Derrick Thomas?

Orton will be the starter. Great. He is a good pocket passer. Seriously, what else are you Orton supporters claiming he is so much better than Tebow in?

Name one thing other than passing from the pocket.

Comment

• Originally posted by thenewera44 View Post
                            Orton is a better pocket passer than Elway ever was.

So much for that one aspect of being a QB.

None of it, and I mean none of the news will turn the toad into a prince.

Meaning, nothing is going to make Orton into a QB that will be dynamic in the red zone, on third and long, nor will it help him become fleet of foot to escape a LB, buy time and make something out of nothing.

How ironic is it that BlueOrange's sig is Elway escaping Derrich Thomas?

Orton will be the starter. Great. He is a good pocket passer. Seriously, what else are you Orton supporters claiming he is so much better than Tebow in?

Name one thing other than passing from the pocket.
                            Well do you mean everything that goes with pocket passing or just pocekt passing in itself

he's significantly more accurate
                            quicker release
                            can make every NFL throw (including out routes)
                            can acutally read an NFL defense
                            has the backing of his team
                            durable
                            has a 2-1 TD int ratio in the past two years
                            has more experience
                            the list goes on... open your eyes

in order to win in the NFL you have to do it from within the pocket, its a plus to be able scramble but pocket passing > scrambling ability in this league

Tebow isn't playing on the FLorida Gators anymore, NFL talent stacked teams playing college teams anymore

new ballgame, he needs to develop

Comment

• Excuses...

it's his fault entirely for not being prepared.

Comment

• Maybe we will find out more about Tim and his character by sitting on the bench than if he was to start? Perhaps I am one of the few that can find the positive out of all of this.

I am sure anything you work hard for is greatly appreciated far more than to just be given. I think this is the fire under his ass he will need. Pressure is a funny thing. You either fold or focus.

Comment

Working...
                                X