Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
    This would only happen if somewhere late in the season we were poised at 10 wins min and facing the playoffs. I think anything less than 9 wins is not going to give Orton a contract.
    I think that with a healthy team and John Fox as head coach, the Broncos with Orton under center will win AT LEAST 9 games this season.

The rest of the AFC West is not that tough this year - the Raiders have switched HCs again and still have to deal with Al Davis, the Chiefs will fall off with the loss of Charlie Weis as OC, and the Chargers will struggle without Ron Rivera running their D.

9 wins will be enough for Orton to snag a new contract. If Tebow is still on the roster by then, he'll be jettisoned, both to avoid any further "QB cotnroversy" and because he simply doesn't fit the Offense.
    "That's a crap question."
    - Kyle Orton

Comment

• We need to unite behind our team and stop the continuous bashing of one another when we say something negative about a player we either like or don't like. I agree entirely killacal. Who cares who is on the field. Let us root on our team to victory

:logo:
      :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
      Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
      Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
      Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        Of course he is. He likes your boy Timmy
        Peter King has never been a full fledged Tebow booster, not by a long shot. I've read every MMQB he's written over the last several years (well before Tebow entered the NFL) and Peter has ridden the "waves" of Tebow opinion, both positive and negative, for a long time. I think that more recently he has gotten firmly behind Tim because he has reason to believe from talking to Elway that Elway really thinks a lot of Tebow and expects him to be the future in Denver. Then you add to that the fact that Orton was on the trading block and that speaks volumes. Heck, even Colin Cowherd has basically done a 180 spin and hasn't been trashing Tebow so much since the news that Orton was on the trading block.

Comment

• I hope we can all get there. A winning season would go a long way to fan unity I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinjax View Post
            I hope we can all get there. A winning season would go a long way to fan unity I think.
            I firmly believe this!
            :logo:
            :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
            Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
            Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
            Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

• Peter King is still carrying water for Josh McDaniels. This is the same guy that reported Cutler asking for a trade when Shanahan was fired, a news that has been debunked even by McDaniels himself. The only reason he is now pumping up Tebow is to make sure McDaniels isn't panned for making a bad draft pick.

I think Tebow will be a very good starting QB in the NFL. I don't really need Peter King to tell me that.
              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Here is a link to a recent Peter King video on the current QB situation here in Denver.

In a nut shell, he says that TT Will be a starting QB in the NFL. If not here, then on some other team.

When people like Peter King, Chris Collingsworth and Rich Gannon come out and say the same things about TT, there is something there. These three guys are probably the most respected analysts in the game today.

That being said, I think I would commit Hari Kari if we traded the guy before we really get a chance to see him in the starting role here, only to go to another team and light em up for years to come.

Could you imagine that folks? Seeing him every Sunday in some other uniform lighting em up? (can you say Hillis)?

Mmmm?
                http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vid...sct=nfl_bf4_a7
                Last edited by BroncoFanSam; 08-05-2011, 08:26 AM. Reason: post link
                It's all good fun!

Comment

• Wow. This whole QB controversy is nuts. I mean, yeah, Orton was the better QB in last year's training camp and won the starting job, but halfway through the season everyone wanted Tebow in. And when he got in, he played amazing. Everyone was ecstatic! Well, most people anyway. It could even be argued that he played a lot better than Orton did in game time situations.

Then come the off season, Tebow showed his determination by going to work out in Arizona while Orton took the team to Vegas. Then the controversy was why Orton wasn't out there training to help improve the team for 2011.

Now, fast forward again to a week into this year's training camp and now people are jumping off Tebow's bandwagon like he's radioactive or something. There are plenty of things that could've hurt Tebow in his development. Don't you think a brand new coach, with a whole new scheme didn't hurt some? HE IS NOT AS EXPERIENCED AS ORTON! That doesn't mean that Tebow took a few steps back. Remember back to game time. That's what matters...now a few practices. He excelled in game time and that's what impressed me.

I live in Michigan and I can't see Denver's TC, but I don't think Tebow went backwards in his development. Isn't it also possible that working with a second and third teams hurt him as well? Generally he's working with second and third time WRs. A good WR can make a QB look amazing the same way a bad WR can make a QB look like he's horrible if they can't run the right route, etc...

So the only reason why I'm not blaming Tebow right now is that he has already won me over with his game play, that he was out there training and working his @$$ off all off season. I'm also not blaming him because I don't think it's possible to go backwards in the league unless you get much older and your skills fade. Tebow has skills. Let him get comfortable in the new scheme.

I guarantee he will be starting by week 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by ohiotebow View Post
                    Peter King has never been a full fledged Tebow booster, not by a long shot. I've read every MMQB he's written over the last several years (well before Tebow entered the NFL) and Peter has ridden the "waves" of Tebow opinion, both positive and negative, for a long time. I think that more recently he has gotten firmly behind Tim because he has reason to believe from talking to Elway that Elway really thinks a lot of Tebow and expects him to be the future in Denver. Then you add to that the fact that Orton was on the trading block and that speaks volumes. Heck, even Colin Cowherd has basically done a 180 spin and hasn't been trashing Tebow so much since the news that Orton was on the trading block.
                    I agree. Just last year King was ripping on Tebow pretty good.

People who think he is a "Tebow supporter" should look it up.
                    11/22/11

Comment

• I really can care less what the media say about a players abilities. I can see for myself if a player is good or bad or just avg. I don't need some supposed expert or whatever they call themselves tell me what they think. I have a brain and eyes to see for my self and make my own evaluation. Personally I think its a waste of money to pay people to tell there opinion of others when I can form one on my own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                        I don't think that's it. I think it was how strong Hoge's criticism was that offended Gannon. Gannon wasn't the only one offended by it. A lot of people were. That's why we're still talking about it.

Gannon was just making the point that Hoge never devoted his life to playing QB in the NFL, so how can he say with utmost certainty that a NFL QB will not succeed after 3 games? Even worse, how could Hoge say that after only 3 games where Tebow scored 7 TDs (4 passing, 3 rushing)?

But, what I think is going on here is deeper than all of this. I think everyone's missing the point. Who interviewed Merril Hoge? Media members. Who interviewed Rich Gannon? Media members. So, media members are making their own stories by interviewing each other. It's manipulation at it's finest. And we're all falling for it.

What's even worse about it is that you have a young, 23 year old kid at the receiving end of all of this who doesn't deserve it. All he's done is wanted is to play QB at the NFL level. Shame on him, right? :nono:
                        Yeah, and why ESPN would show the same loop of incompletions thrown by Tebow. Considering he was the highest rated of all rookies, you would think they would show one of his 11 TDs he scored.

But......

If Hoge did show the highlights of him scoring 11 TDs and presenting a real problem for DCs in the red zone, that would only bring a little doubt in the minds he is trying ts persuade.

However, nothing he showed is going to dismiss the fact that he did have the highest rating of all the rookies last year. That he did score a TD on all 4 plays he ran before his start.

Either way, I am supporting Orton in I want him to succeed. I dont want to think of a white flag on the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                          This assumption that Orton is gone after this year is looking more and more unfounded.

Orton will likely start this season. As so many Tebow fans have pointed out, if he's going to just walk when his contract is up, playing Orton this year is stupid. It robs Denver of the opportunity to develop Tebow as the QB for 2012 and futher on. It also prevents them from evaluating Tebow and determine if they want to draft another QB in 2012.

So the obvious conclusion is that EFX don't expect Orton to play this season and leave in Free Agency. Officially announcing that Orton is the starter at this point would only lead to looting, pillaging, and rioting of Tebow fans that would destroy much of the city of Denver.

They are waiting for a preseason game or two where they can "show" Orton is the best QB before naming him the starter. At that point, they will announce Tebow has been demoted to the 3rd string to allow him more development time. Then Tebow will "request" a trade to another team and be released (before Denver has to pay him that $6M advance on his contract) and that will be the end of the QB controversy in Denver.

Kyle will play well and somewhere in the middle of the season the Broncos will announce that he has signed a new contract for 3-5 years @ $6-8M per year...
                          There is one fact that you seem to be overlooking here. But don't get me wrong in what I am going to say, I actually like Kyle.

But the fact remains that the Bronco's shopped Kyle around the league. Out of all of the teams that needed help at the position. Nobody wanted him except Miami, who has the worst situation at QB than anyone else.

That to me makes a bigger statement than anything else said about Kyle.
                          People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

• The rest of the AFC West is not that tough this year - the Raiders have switched HCs again and still have to deal with Al Davis, the Chiefs will fall off with the loss of Charlie Weis as OC, and the Chargers will struggle without Ron Rivera running their D.

9 wins will be enough for Orton to snag a new contract. If Tebow is still on the roster by then, he'll be jettisoned, both to avoid any further "QB cotnroversy" and because he simply doesn't fit the Offense.
                            Okay, so all the other teams this year in the AFC west will suck because they have new coaches, but Denver will excel because they have a new coach? That's like a major contradiction. I mean, I'm all for Denver doing great this season, and I think they will, but your argument didn't make much sense.

I think Denver improved more than anyone else in the AFC West with our awesome draft and off season pick-ups.

Comment

• Sorry but I think Gannon was too easy on Hoge. Hoge went so far as to strongly insinuate that the Broncos were only holding onto him because of all the people in the stands with 15 jerseys on. That is well beyond the bounds of decency.

Comment

• The same Hoge that said Brahm would be better than Rodgers? Point proven. The dude doesn't know how to analyze qbs

Comment

Working...
                                X