No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They both stink. Tebow can't hit the short pass and that is all McCoy can hit.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• McCoy also loves football and will show the work ethic that you want from your quarterback. He is more accurate than Tebow and can also use mobility to make plays. But in my opinion, he is more limited. Height is an issue (6'1) and he does not have a strong body to absorb a lot of hits. The Steelers crushed McCoy in week 17 and he looked lost after some hits. His arm is weak and, even with good accuracy, there are some deeper throws that will give too much recovery time for the defense. Especially playing for the Browns, because McCoy will probably play a good amount of games in bad weather.

After the season, McCoy had to rest his arm. He was suffering from fatigue in his throwing arm, and he not even started a full season in the NFL. I don't think he can drive the ball downfield, so Pat Shurmur will have to help McCoy with a West Coast offense that has a lot of short routes and yards after catch. McCoy's lack of arm strenght and the need for yards after catch are probably big reasons why the Browns drafted a big receiver like Greg Little, who has experience as a running back.

But McCoy, unlike Tebow, entered training camp as the unquestioned starter, so there is no drama in Cleveland. Holmgren already said that McCoy will probably be "the guy". Shurmur also said McCoy can be the franchise quarterback. He is in a good situation that allows him to increase his role as a leader. The vision in Cleveland is clear. They will put McCoy on the field and let him grow as a professional quarterback.
      sigpic

Comment

• I have not watched Mccoy's NFL games but coming out of college I would have taken Mccoy over Tebow yes.

Comment

• Wait a second, intangibles are an upside for a qb?

Was someone reading posts again?

Comment

• My eyes hurt........ J/k

Great monster post. Excellent points. Welcome aboard

Comment

• it's pretty simple actually

he gets a pass cause he wasn't a 1st rd draft pick
              sigpic

Comment

• Oh and let me give you a breakdown of his season last year...
                8 of his 9 interceptions came against the Ravens/Steelers.
                Before anyone trashes the guy on stats, he played arguably the best defense in the league twice, and two other great defenses (Ravens/Steelers) once, with scrubs at receivers and a EH offensive line.

Comment

• The post is well organized, has short paragraphs and is very well written minus a few typos.

God forbid we read something that's well thought out and developed with at least a modicum of effort.

I would jest that this is the best post I've read here in a long while. And it would be the same for any topic, be it Tebow or any other.

If you are too lazy to read 3000 words, I think that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
                    Oh and let me give you a breakdown of his season last year...
                    8 of his 9 interceptions came against the Ravens/Steelers.
                    Before anyone trashes the guy on stats, he played arguably the best defense in the league twice, and two other great defenses (Ravens/Steelers) once, with scrubs at receivers and a EH offensive line.
                    not to mention he was drafted 60 places lower than tebow lol
                    sigpic

Comment

• They both almost suck as much as Jimmy clausen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        McCoy also loves football and will show the work ethic that you want from your quarterback. He is more accurate than Tebow and can also use mobility to make plays. But in my opinion, he is more limited. Height is an issue (6'1) and he does not have a strong body to absorb a lot of hits. The Steelers crushed McCoy in week 17 and he looked lost after some hits. His arm is weak and, even with good accuracy, there are some deeper throws that will give too much recovery time for the defense. Especially playing for the Browns, because McCoy will probably play a good amount of games in bad weather.

After the season, McCoy had to rest his arm. He was suffering from fatigue in his throwing arm, and he not even started a full season in the NFL. I don't think he can drive the ball downfield, so Pat Shurmur will have to help McCoy with a West Coast offense that has a lot of short routes and yards after catch. McCoy's lack of arm strenght and the need for yards after catch are probably big reasons why the Browns drafted a big receiver like Greg Little, who has experience as a running back.

But McCoy, unlike Tebow, entered training camp as the unquestioned starter, so there is no drama in Cleveland. Holmgren already said that McCoy will probably be "the guy". Shurmur also said McCoy can be the franchise quarterback. He is in a good situation that allows him to increase his role as a leader. The vision in Cleveland is clear. They will put McCoy on the field and let him grow as a professional quarterback.
                        Pretty solid post right here. I think the concerns are the same as Rod put it...the wear and tear he will take. I think the Steelers game it might of been where he hurt his ankle but he took an absolute beating. I remember the NC game where he was injured early. I think that is one major concern. Its not his toughness but its apparent his body has some wear and tear. I think he may have a few decent seasons but he will wear down after a few years of play. If not, I will gladly eat my words. He is a stand up guy and was really overshadowed by Bradford and Tim when they were the dominant QBs in college.

Comment

• On Topic:

Great read. I think the competition really will start during the pre-season games. When the lights come on, who is going to give us the best chance to win? I think its up in the air, and will be rooting for both players to play well.

To all the big time Orton supporters in this thread: if you actually take time to read the post he says good things about Orton.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I tried to CP him, but he posted as "guest"
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• The position where Tebow was drafted is a factor. But Mark Sanchez was a top 5 pick and he does not play like a top 5 pick. His stats are not pretty. 54% completion, 29 TD 33 INT, 6.6 avg 70.2 rate. And I don't see Sanchez being hammered like Tebow. The Jets would have won even more games if they had a really good QB. Draft status is just part of the problem. Same thing with stats. Who cares if McCoy threw 9 interceptions? Who cares if Stafford threw 20 interceptions and gets hurt all the time?

They don't get hammered because their teams know what they want. There is no drama. McCoy is the quarterback. Period. Mark Sanchez is the quarterback. Period. Matt Stafford is the quarterback. Period. There is no drama. They put the guy on the field and try to win with him. If they fail, it will be after several experiences on the field as the starting quarterback. The Broncos don't know what to do with Tebow. They tried to trade Orton, and now Tebow splitting 2nd and 3rd-team reps with Quinn. If McCoy throws 1 interception in camp, or even 5 interceptions, the news won't make noise at NFL.com. He won't lose reps.

If Sanchez throws 4 interceptions during a game, he will remain the starter on Monday. There is commitment. But if Tebow throws 1 interception... "Oh I told you he is a bust now he will be the 3rd QB and they will get rid of him". If Tebow had a rookie season with 20 interceptions like Sanchez or Stafford, he would get completely hammered by those who "predicted" he would fail. If Tebow finishes a game with 4 interceptions... "He does not belong in the NFL, he will never play again."

Tebow needs a team that's commited to him as the starting QB. A team where he can develop and learn from mistakes on the field. If Denver is not the place for him, then he will be on another roster in 2012. If Elway and Fox draft a franchise QB in 2012, I have no doubt that the kid will throw a lot of ugly interceptions and incomplete passes until he becomes an effective pro quarterback. It's all about the support around him (that must come from the organization).
                              sigpic

Comment

• Good post Rod as usual

Comment

Working...
                                X