Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well written.

I have said this myself Let Tebow be Tebow and it will be better than Tebow looking like an average NFL QB with great mechanics

Comment

• Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
      Problem is, Tebow scored 4 of those TDs after Orton got them inside the 3 yard line. Who got credit for that? Tim. I have no doubt Tebow is more efficient inside the 5 yard line than Orton...but a strong running game negates that.

Clinton Portis made Jake a much better redzone QB, 15 TDs from a RB tends to do that.
      I dont think that negates it. Tebow is a bonus inside the RZ strong running game or not

Comment

• Lol @ him throwing right handed to that kid. Not too bad a motion there.
        Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
        You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

• I love Tebow but I have to say it's still uncomfortable watching some of his releases and/or footwork prepass. But it's good to hear that he's not stagnating
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Tebow reminds me of watching a shortstop range far to the left, dive behind 2nd to come up with a grounder, then fire a strike to just nip the base runner for the out...Then on the next play watch a ground ball go through his legs.

When he can learn to do the routine consistently in addition to doing the amazing, then and only then should he be a QB.
            That is a good exampl, but now if you put in situation the between the legs would be early in the game while that dive behind second would be with the game on the line. I believe this why there is such a high want for Tebow to play, and that is when the game is on the line I rather have the QB back there that has leadership and all those intangibles to win the game. Yes Tebow might not have those pretty mechanics, but making plays are still making plays regardless of how pretty.

So back to article, I would have to say it's pretty good.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by jetdrumz View Post
              Lol @ him throwing right handed to that kid. Not too bad a motion there.
              Maybe he should switch throw like a switch hitter. Defenses would not know what hit them

Comment

• Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
                I dont think that negates it. Tebow is a bonus inside the RZ strong running game or not
                It does negate it, because a good RB runs almost every TD in that Tebow does. He only averaged 3.8 yards a carry inside the 10. Tim only threw for 2 Tds in the red zone as a starter, with a QB rating of 39.6.

Yes he is more effective running the ball, but if you had TD back there would you need the QB to run it in and risk injury?
                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

It does negate it, because a good RB runs almost every TD in that Tebow does. Tim only threw for 2 Tds in the red zone as a starter, with a QB rating of 39.6.

Yes he is more effective running the ball, but if you had TD back there would you need the QB to run it in and risk injury?
                  So why not have the threat of Tebow and another back who could punch it in?

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                    That's because teams wanted Cutler.
                    That's a nice snipe, but obviously teams wanted Orton too.

I don't know about you, but when I have a legitimate point to make, I don't need to make emotional arguments and try to undermine the genuine qualities of the opposition.

Emotional arguments are used when rational arguments won't work.

Teams traded for Tavaris Jackson, Donavan McNabb, and Kevin Kolb. No one traded for Orton. Look at what Arizona gave up for Kolb, and the contract they gave him. Miami wasn't willing to come close to that.
                    So Osi isn't a good player? No one wants him, right? He's terrible. That's the problem. And the Giants clearly don't want to keep him.

I guess I'm missing the crystal ball that says "The Broncos still were committed to Orton although they tried desperately to trade him once the season started". Seems like missing crystal balls is the thing to do right now.
                    I never asserted a stance on the front office one way or another. I have no idea what they thought or felt. I wasn't in the room and I lack psychic powers. I have no deep connections to the front office, and if I did I wouldn't discuss them.

But I'm not the one claiming a stance based on hopeful speculation and attempting to assert it as a fact, either.

If Denver was committed to Orton long term last season, would they give him a one year deal? Why is it "disingenous" to assume Denver wanted to trade Orton when THE TEAM OFFICIALLY STATED THEY WANTED TO TRADE HIM?
                    When did the team officially say they wanted to trade him, and who is "the official" person in question?

Teams give 1 year extensions to lots of players and for different reasons. The finances of a football team are a complicated thing that I don't claim to be in the know of. Further, at the time that they made the contract extension, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that they had given Orton a fatty contract to play out the season so that they weren't caught in the middle of another quarterback controversy and with no viable starting quarterback willing to play, despite having one on the roster.

That's entirely possible. Whether that's what actually happened or not I have no idea, but it seems possible to me.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18549001

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-way-for-tebow

There's a ton more if you need them. My crystal ball seems to be broken as you pointed out, but Google fortunately is working just fine
                    Speculative articles from Klis and La Canforna are interesting, but they're hardly official. This is especially true when one reads into them to begin with.

I asked you a question, Powder. You said you knew that the Broncos wanted to trade Orton. How do you know that?

You also said that Orton didn't ask for the trade until after the deadline last season. How do you know that?

If Orton was already on the trade block, why would he have to ask for a trade?

You've given links to speculative articles that even if we accept that they're accurate don't actually say what you seem to imply they do.

You've also tried to falsely portray Orton when you said no other teams were interested in him.

Yet you have no evidence - none whatsoever - upon which to base your stance.

If you do, provide it please. That's what I initially asked for when you made the assertion. I'm still awaiting that answer.

Comment

So why not have the threat of Tebow and another back who could punch it in?
                      What difference does it make if the QB can run if the running back can do it by himself? on 1st and goal does a QB sneak make him a better red zone QB?
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                        I love Tebow but I have to say it's still uncomfortable watching some of his releases and/or footwork prepass. But it's good to hear that he's not stagnating
                        But for a guy who never EVER took snaps under center and was never coached on his throwing motion in college, I think he has made huge strides. Granted he has a lot of work to do, but its good to see improvement. His footwork is looking better to me though, his drops are looking smoother.

I think his biggest problem with his motion is the ball doesnt explode out of his hands and still does not seem like one fluid motion. BUT it is improving though. it is better than what I saw last year and even on the first day of training camp.

To me Tebow looks good on his play action fakes, but it is his normal 3, 5, 7 step drops where he looks uncomfortable throwing.

Comment

What difference does it make if the QB can run if the running back can do it by himself? on 1st and goal does a QB sneak make him a better red zone QB?
                          It's not that the QB has to, it's the threat of being able to, which theoretically increases your chance for a TD.
                          Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                          You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                            I'll take Woody's words over yours. The issue is... How many RZ attempts compared with how many times DEN scored 6. I would hope that... Orton would compile 13 TDs over the course of 13 games. BUT, scoring 1 time a game is good enough for you. There's the problem.
                            and thats just it listening to Woody will get you burned everytime .

Orton had 13 redzone passing tds

flaaco had 14 redzone passing tds did he struggle too ?

Aaron Rodgers had 19

To go as far to expect Orton to throw a td pass in the redzone every single time is delusional at best there simply is no history to support a offense being successful in the redzone strictly throwing the ball.

We averaged 1.8 passing tds a game last year tied for 8th in 13 games with Orton it actually dropped due to those last two turds by Orton.

Considering the lack of running game and redzone weapons those numbers are not nearly as bad as Woody tries to lead people to believe .

In 2009 Orton had 17 redzone tds and 4 outside the redzone

In 2010 Orton had 13 redzone tds and 7 outside the redzone

We were 23-43 in 13 games inside the redzone so the question remains should Orton have thrown 20 more tds ? Thats with everyone knowing that there is no doubt hes gonna pass it .

Orton and our offense can be better in the redzone but the improvements will come from the running game and diversifying the passing attack with big receiving TE.
                            "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

Maybe he should switch throw like a switch hitter. Defenses would not know what hit them
                              Kind of like how Jake Plummer attempted a switch throw against the Chiefs one time to avoid a sack and threw a pick?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                                Kind of like how Jake Plummer attempted a switch throw against the Chiefs one time to avoid a sack and threw a pick?
                                ha! but in my mind it would work out perfectly lol

Comment

Working...
                                X