Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
    And EFX could save a $6.5M salary cap hit this year if they cut Tebow before day 29 of the League year...
    Dude come on. They could just as easily cut Orton and save a ton of money and have not wasted draft picks they would have by cutting Tebow. You really enjoy trying to get a rise out of people.
    Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
    You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
      But it was MCDANIELS who burned those draft picks to reach for Tebow.

Not Elway.

Not Fox.

Not even Xanders.

McD and no one else.

And EFX could save a $6.5M salary cap hit this year if they cut Tebow before day 29 of the League year...
      That they could, and do you really think they'd cut Tebow, seriousally now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
        I don't think the article is accurate. Tebow doesnt need sponsorship to be successful, he needs to be given his year, and he will sink or swin on his own.

He will have his chance, and that's all it is for him, nothin is guaranteed and we shoulnt bend over backwards to make it work...
        It's entirely accurate. If the team doesn't have any faith in Tebow they can easily set him up to fail. They may think he's too raw to play even the backup role this year and when the draft comes along they could fall in love with another QB and attach their names to his success. At that point they'll do everything in their power to make sure "their guy" succeeds.

Tebow can play his ass off in practice but if they have their blinders on they'll never know.

Comment

• If they didnt think Tebow could succeed then why were we shopping Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
            If they didnt think Tebow could succeed then why were we shopping Orton
            Correct.

Last edited by jetdrumz; 08-11-2011, 12:07 PM.
            Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
            You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

• I think the article is pretty on. I mean, the FO has sent mixed signals as far as the QB situation.

One thing I don't understand is this "winning now" business. Our team is avg. at best. Give me a break. It seems like such a PR saying, inserting the winning phrase and nixing the "rebuilding" word. Really, what are we going to win this year, or next? Really??

Also, I think Orton is gone at some point this year. we aren't going to resign him, unless we trade TT away and draft a QB for Orton to "groom".

On the other hand if Orton is traded to a team that needs a QB for the playoff run, does the FO evaluate TT on 8 games mid season? If he stinks, is it their scapegoat to trade him and say "we gave him a shot"? then, we would get really nothing for him and he has a handsome contract (I may be wrong). Who would want that?

Or just get him out of town just to start all over again with a fresh QB..

Oh, I forgot, we are "winning now"..

FO screwed this up. It's simple, get Orton out of here. He will never win a SB or get us to the playoffs. Put TT in, see how the next 2 years go, draft for D and go from there. Let him prove himself, but give him a sot, jeeeeeesseeeee..

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoneblock249 View Post
                FO had so much support in Orton that they threw him on the trading block and planned to replace him with a guy they had no vested interest in. (Tebow)............yep, makes sense to me.
                Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
                If they didnt think Tebow could succeed then why were we shopping Orton
                Exactly. Logic seems to escape most....

Comment

• Tebow loves the critisism, he eats that up, thats what made him strong. He will laugh and strug it off, opinions aren't facts just rambling.
                  sigpic

Comment

• The kid will do great. No worries.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Cecil lammey:

PLEASE STOP the 'nobody in broncos front office supports Tebow' talk- simply not true, he has the support of the franchise.
                      Just THINK - WHY?!? would the broncos put Orton on the trade block after lockout was over if they DID NOT support Tebow?
                      any story you hear about Tebow not having any support in front office is BS.
                      http://twitter.com/#!/cecillammey

Michael Lombardi has been saying this crap since the EFX regime took over and even suggested that we would probably draft a QB at #2. What did we do during the draft? We drafted defense early and often and Elway said he was Tebow's 'biggest fan.' This crap that Michael Lombardi tries to pass as a fact isn't even worth posting.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• I agree with part of Lombardi's opinion here. Putting in rookie QB's takes total dedication by a organization. Tebow did better then any other rookie the last three years, but quarterbacks are divisive in nature. Not Mr. Blloy'd "got good news tonight" versus Mr. Blloy'd "need to see what we have in Tebow" walk backs.

That being said, I do disagree with the only McDaniels can make Tebow great. Lombardi made a play at the Broncos last year, meeting at one point to try and replace Xanders with himself, and keeping McDaniels.

Comment

• While this has yet again turned into an Orton vs. Tebow debate, I will attempt to put it back on track.

I agree with Kizla that you can't change who a person is no matter how hard you try. Tebow needs to play his game out on the field and learn what works for him and what doesn't no matter the scheme. Don't get me wrong, it won't be pretty at the start but you will see flashes that will make you say "Damn, did you see that? ", just like last year.

Force feeding mechanics and technique on the sideline isn’t going to do much for Tebow’s game or development as you can see from TC thus far. He may say he is having fun out there but I tend to disagree as the kid looks stressed out and completely uncomfortable.

I’m 50/50 on Tebow becoming our franchise QB. However if you want to give him the greatest chance to fill that role, it has be out on the field and not in practices. You are either all in with the kid or you move along to your next future QB. I personally hope they give him the reigns and just let him run.
                          Last edited by DarkHorse26; 08-11-2011, 12:25 PM.
                          sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

• Guys, trashing the article does not make the truth go away. We all knew from the start tebow is not an elway guy nor is he a fox guy. Unfortunately the writings on the wall and yes, its hard to accept tebow might not be given a fair shake in denver.

It is a good read

Comment

• Sanchez

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
                              He still has to drop back and make reads quickly.
                              I've never worried about the motion, motion doesn't make the man.
                              If I remember correctly up in New York they finally have the confidence in Sanchez to let him use The full nfl gameplan this season. It takes time so people need to be patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                                Michael Lombardi has been saying this crap since the EFX regime took over and even suggested that we would probably draft a QB at #2. What did we do during the draft? We drafted defense early and often and Elway said he was Tebow's 'biggest fan.' This crap that Michael Lombardi tries to pass as a fact isn't even worth posting.
                                And the Broncos also brought in several highly rate quarterbacks for pre-draft visits, such as the #1 pick Cam Newtown. Just because they didn't draft a QB didn't mean they weren't debating it.

Comment

Working...
                                X