Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
    But it was MCDANIELS who burned those draft picks to reach for Tebow.

Not Elway.

Not Fox.

Not even Xanders.

McD and no one else.

And EFX could save a $6.5M salary cap hit this year if they cut Tebow before day 29 of the League year...
    I just wanna know how it can't even be Xanders since if I remember correctly he was still the GM when we drafted him. Xanders has to have some invested in him, and the team as something invested in him. Yes the HEAD doesn't, but the O coordinator does. Why would we keep the offensive coaches in place if we planed to move forward with some one else at the helm.

(O on a side note with your logic also EFX has nothing invested in Orton either and could have saved alot of money also just cutting him)

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
      Guys, trashing the article does not make the truth go away. We all knew from the start tebow is not an elway guy nor is he a fox guy. Unfortunately the writings on the wall and yes, its hard to accept tebow might not be given a fair shake in denver.

It is a good read
      Based on what?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6442597

"Let's put it this way, I'm his biggest fan," He's one of those guys who -- if he comes out and is the player we hope he can be -- then we're in pretty darn good shape. He's a great ambassador for us as a team.
      "He's a great young man who is really working hard," said Elway. "But he didn't get an offseason to work on (playing from the pocket). He didn't get much of that in college. And it's a completely different thing than the shotgun. Plus, he's only had the one season. But he's an amazing football player. I'd never give up on Tim Tebow."
      http://content.usatoday.com/communit...n-as-starter/1

Hardly a lack of support from the man making the final calls.
      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoohoo1231 View Post
        And the Broncos also brought in several highly rate quarterbacks for pre-draft visits, such as the #1 pick Cam Newtown. Just because they didn't draft a QB didn't mean they weren't debating it.
        When you draft #2, you look at EVERY player on the board. It's part of doing your due diligence as a front office. Got anything to add about Elway saying he was Tebows' biggest fan or just care to attempt to pick apart one piece of my argument?
        Last edited by BluenOrnge4Life; 08-11-2011, 01:34 PM.
        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post

And EFX could save a $6.5M salary cap hit this year if they cut Tebow before day 29 of the League year...
          Not true, not even close to true.
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Orton is getting paid 8 million dollars whether he plays or not, it is now obvious it was a team choice to start Orton, even though I am not happy with the decision - I will back the teams decision because they are the guys who want Orton to start,,, the rest of it does not matter to me anymore.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
              Based on what?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6442597

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...n-as-starter/1

Hardly a lack of support from the man making the final calls.
              So you believe Elway said all of those things, but Tebow didn't say that the starting job was "grabbed back away" from him? How hard is it to understand that EFX are looking for their guy, but they're also going to give Tebow a chance? What's wrong with that? They owe him nothing, but atleast they're giving him a shot.
              RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
              :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mantheyman View Post
                So you believe Elway said all of those things, but Tebow didn't say that the starting job was "grabbed back away" from him? How hard is it to understand that EFX are looking for their guy, but they're also going to give Tebow a chance? What's wrong with that? They owe him nothing, but atleast they're giving him a shot.
                And you're assuming they're looking for 'their guy.' You're also assuming a lot in what I'm saying which is a part of the problem. I said Tebow has the support of the Front Office, and anybody with a little bit of common sense could see that.

You don't put a guy on the trading block, if you don't support the guy next in line to be the starter. PERIOD.
                sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

When you draft #2, you look at EVERY player on the board. It's part of doing your due diligence as a front office. Got anything to add about Elway saying he was Tebows' biggest fan or just care to attempt to pick apart one part of my argument?
                  I'm not trying to pick apart your argument, I have no preference to who starts honestly. I'm just hoping for some signs of legitimate improvement this year.

What I am trying to do is point out that you have a clear bias in this situation. Just because a writer doesn't agree with every move your favorite team makes, doesn't mean you should take it personally. He said he wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos drafted a QB early. He also stated in February that he believed John Fox would leave the QB position alone and draft defense. Which...is...what...happened?

The truth is a lot different when you take your blinders off.

Comment

• I don't think it should be surprising that the team prefers to have more consistency on the offensive side of the ball while they install the new defense. That means Orton, for all his faults, over Tebow. The labor unrest certainly made that decision easier. Sure, if they could've immediately improved some other area of the team (e.g. DL) by trading Orton, then I think they would've done so... but it looks like that ship has sailed.

Will Tebow get a "fair shake" at some point? I guess it depends what is meant by that. I don't see the starting job being handed to him on a platter at any point - he's going to have to work for it. Right now, that means beating out Brady Quinn (another 1st rounder with lots to prove).

Comment

I'm not trying to pick apart your argument, I have no preference to who starts honestly. I'm just hoping for some signs of legitimate improvement this year.

What I am trying to do is point out that you have a clear bias in this situation. Just because a writer doesn't agree with every move your favorite team makes, doesn't mean you should take it personally. He said he wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos drafted a QB early. He also stated in February that he believed John Fox would leave the QB position alone and draft defense. Which...is...what...happened?

Now I have blinders on. LOL you don't even know anything about me or my thoughts on the QB situation. I like Tebow, but I have my doubts about him. In fact, If Luck was on the board next year when the Broncos pick... I wouldn't think twice about drafting him.

But I'm not going to sit here and say that Tebow has no support in the front office, when EVERY sign points to him having their support. Just because the kid isn't ready to start yet, doesn't mean the front office doesn't want him. It means they think Orton gives the Broncos a better chance right now to win games.

Next time get your facts straight before you start making ridiculous generalizations. :thumb:
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by Giddy'up View Post
                        Orton is getting paid 8 million dollars whether he plays or not, it is now obvious it was a team choice to start Orton, even though I am not happy with the decision - I will back the teams decision because they are the guys who want Orton to start,,, the rest of it does not matter to me anymore.
                        That actually gives some hope though. Remember a few years back Matt Leinart was announced the Cardinals starting QB before training camp over Kurt Warner? Once Wisenhunt actually got to see the team in action though he knew he had a chance to "win now" and Kurt Warner was the experienced vet who put them in the best position to do that. So they put Leinart on the bench instead of seeing if he was the QB of the future (which absolutely demolished his confidence by the way) and made it all the way to the Super Bowl.

Perhaps that's what the Broncos brass has concluded as well? Is it likely? No, of course not, but I never thought I'd see the day when the Cardinals were in the Super Bowl either.

Comment

You seem awfully convinced of this "truth." Just because a write gives his opinion doesn't make it fact nor true.

Comment

• Whoever wants Tebow to sit in the pocket and play Manning/Brady QB style is insane. Let Tebow scramble, thrown, knock people over.. ect.. that is what makes Tebow.. Tebow.

Tebow played fine for a rookie last year, more playing time would only make him better.
                            I'm kind of like a big deal... sort of like a superhero.

Comment

Now I have blinders on. LOL you don't even know anything about me or my thoughts on the QB situation. I like Tebow, but I have my doubts about him. In fact, If Luck was on the board next year when the Broncos pick... I wouldn't think twice about drafting him.

But I'm not going to sit here and say that Tebow has no support in the front office, when EVERY sign points to him having their support. Just because the kid isn't ready to start yet, doesn't mean the front office doesn't want him. It means they think Orton gives the Broncos a better chance right now to win games.

Next time get your facts straight before you start making ridiculous generalizations. :thumb:
                              I'm not arguing that you have a vested interest in Tebow, I'm arguing that you made a statement questioning a writer's credibility based off a comment that had viable logic behind it. He said he wouldn't be surprised if Denver drafted a QB, but he really thought that'd they wouldn't and they'd try to fix the defense. Which is what happened.

That tells me you don't want to hear what the guy says because he's speaking out against your favorite team. I'm sorry if I got that wrong, but what else can be the reason?

Originally posted by Ashmedai View Post
                              You seem awfully convinced of this "truth." Just because a write gives his opinion doesn't make it fact nor true.
                              I am convinced of the truth because it's exactly what happened. He wrote an entire article about how he believed the Broncos wouldn't take a QB but would draft defense heavy a full two months before the draft. Bluenorange made a statement making it seem like Lombardi's stance was that the Broncos would pick a QB. That's all.
                              Last edited by Yoohoo1231; 08-11-2011, 01:58 PM. Reason: Added response!

Comment

• Geez Louis how many times does Elway have to say he likes Timmy..isnt giving up on Tim for these stupid reporters to stop making stuff up?

Put Tebow in the title and you get a million hits..they know this and its really disgusting to tear down someone before they even get a chance

Comment

Working...
                                X