No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we move this to the Tebow v Orton thread please?
    :logo:
    :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
    Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
    Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
    Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

• Originally posted by elway93 View Post
      After one week of preseason football, the thing that stood out the most to me was Colt McCoy's performance last night. McCoy looked great last night, displaying outstanding accuracy and basically looking like a young Drew Brees. Now, I still have faith that the Broncos will eventually turn Tim Tebow into a solid NFL QB, but part of me wishes we would have picked up Colt McCoy late in the second round last year instead of trading back into the first to get Tebow. What do you guys think?
      I think they are both very talented guys who have the tools to be successful in the NFL.

The difference IMO is that the Browns have BACKED & PLANNED their team around McCoy while giving him the confidence going forward he needs to be assured that there is not going to be scrutinization of giant proportions for every mistake he makes.

Meanwhile, Tim is just a "work in progress" that is going to start, not going to start, leading the 2nd team, running the scout team, etc.

In short, it seems that one team has a plan for their young QB, and the other is still deciding whether to poop or go blind.
      Last edited by Southtown; 08-14-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
        I'm really genuinely surprised at the poll result to this thread. Do we honestly have THAT many Tebow homers on this board, or did that many people see things that I didn't during that game?

I'm neither an Orton lover/Tebow homer/Quinn fanatic but I did not see a thing during that game from Tebow other than 1 good pass; other than that it was sloppy throws and desperate footwork throughout from his showing. So I don't understand the dynamic of this poll.

Our defense appears to be much improved meaning that they should be able to make bigger plays and keep the offense on the field, that with the better run play will give the D more rest as well as we control the flow and possession time of the game.

I saw Orton do what he always does, but coupled with better running play, I think RZ and 3rd downs are on the up and up.

I also so Brady Quinn out-play Tebow in terms of everything during the game. So can someone give me a realistic and unbiased reason for why our fanbase is so adament about throwing in the towel for a guy with a good atiitude that most analyst think will never be a SB caliber QB over what looks like it is working already?

Again I'm not hating on Tebow. I'm just looking for a reason to grasp this fanaticism over Tebow after a single pre-season game in which he did not look good in relation to his stat sheet.
        Because most of our fan base loves hype, not substance.
        sigpic

Comment

• For me its simple. I dont see Orton leading us to the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl this year. We just aren't there as a TEAM yet. Add in the fact that Orton is as good as gone next year, I dont see the point behind practically wasting a year.

Lets see what Tebow has, we aren't making the Super Bowl either way. We should have a good indication after this season if we think he can do the job or not.

Playing Orton doesn't get us to the Super Bowl and leaves us in Limbo when it comes to the draft, and going into next season at QB. If they believe Orton is the real deal sign him to a long term deal now.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingpins9 View Post
            Colt McCoy is a good player and a good Christian guy, but he never has been able to take a hit. If his line can keep him healthy, he may turn out to be great.
            God help him against Suh. That guy is turning out to be a real dirtbag player.

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
              Unfortunately this is 100% true! It really is pathetic that many fans do not want us to win now. It really is pathetic to see our fan base claiming that Tebow can lead this team to the playoffs this year when it is obvious to anyone who actually follows the sport knows that Tebow is not yet ready to be a full time starter.

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
              Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

• Why did you start another thread? The poll thread is full of discussion on this topic.

Anyway, the first preseason game would be, in anything, a reason not to start him. But a lot of people have a different idea about how it would be best to develop Tim, and do some winning at the same time. And a lot of folks think it's not much a sacrifice to bench Orton.

And he had 2 good throws, not one.

Comment

• I like Colt McCoy. I have doubts about his overall size and strength, his general physicality to sustain an entire season. He has small hands, a small frame, and is not that strong.

But I would have taken a flyer on him, too. I tend to think guys that dominate in football tend to keep playing well if you can adapt to their strengths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                    So I take it you were in the minority?
                    Obviously , The article is aimed at just the pre-season game itself played and who should be the QB off of those results. I voted for Quinn.

Originally posted by vannestjc View Post
                    I don't think it's about what anyone saw in 1 preseason game.

There are a bunch of people who feel that Tim Tebow should be the future of this franchise. And coming off a 4-12 season...now is as good a time as any to start preparing for that future.

The whole opinion is, quite simply, why continue down the Orton road...we know where that road leads. Tebow has so much potential and so many of the intangibles that so many Bronco fans would LOVE to see where THAT road ends.

Continuing with Orton, in so many minds, is settling for mediocre to good football, with little to no potential for greatness.

After several mediocre to horrible seasons in a row, I think a lot of Bronco fans are willing to risk the strike out to swing for the bleachers with Tebow. They're tired of singles and sac flies...they want to see some fireworks...and it's worth it to them to risk absolute failure for the opportunity to see greatness and the ultimate success.

Course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Jim
                    I understand the hype and I understand his intangibles, but after hes played in practice its very clear that the lockout really hurt Tebows development. I also don't believe that Orton is our future, but Quinn also has not shown his celiling either and Weber never even got a shot to take the field.

Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
                    Can we move this to the Tebow v Orton thread please?
                    No because this encompasses more than just that. I'm putting Quinn and Weber in this mix. Thanks for trying to trash a thread before reading it though!

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                    Agreed, hype is nice and all; however, it didn't work too well for the Chargers in the late 90's with Ryan Leaf.

Originally posted by kerkhoff1 View Post
                    For me its simple. I dont see Orton leading us to the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl this year. We just aren't there as a TEAM yet. Add in the fact that Orton is as good as gone next year, I dont see the point behind practically wasting a year.

Lets see what Tebow has, we aren't making the Super Bowl either way. We should have a good indication after this season if we think he can do the job or not.

Playing Orton doesn't get us to the Super Bowl and leaves us in Limbo when it comes to the draft, and going into next season at QB. If they believe Orton is the real deal sign him to a long term deal now.
                    I honestly think Orton/Quinn could lead us to the playoffs with Tebow playing a RZ/3rd down/Wildhorse roll throughout the season to make a successful offensive force.

Keep in mind that in the new CBA they threw out the emergency QB rule allowing all 3 QB's to be active in the same game by adding 1 extra player to the gameday roster!
                    sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                    Sig by: MHS

Comment

• A young drew breed.......??????

Bwahahahahaha....colt mccoy will be lucky to be young chad Pennington ....
                      So far:
                      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                        A young drew breed.......??????

Bwahahahahaha....colt mccoy will be lucky to be young chad Pennington ....
                        Have you watched his film from last night? I didn't realize he could throw the ball so well, but he was really throwing darts. I guess my point is that it was the most impressive thing I've seen from a quarterback in last years draft class other than Bradford.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
                          Unfortunately this is 100% true! It really is pathetic that many fans do not want us to win now. It really is pathetic to see our fan base claiming that Tebow can lead this team to the playoffs this year when it is obvious to anyone who actually follows the sport knows that Tebow is not yet ready to be a full time starter.
                          What I find pathetic is people portraying anyone that doesn't see Orton as the future and have a different idea as to what should happen as pathetic. You are also saying that 81% of the people on this forum want to lose. You are also suggesting that 70-80% of Bronco fans (based on external polls) don't want to win. You need to get a grip.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by r21wolverine View Post
                            Let's just stop this is getting ridiculous let Tebow be Tebow and whoever you ae comparing him to let him be who he is
                            This. I'm tired of the constant comparisons.
                            sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                              What I find pathetic is people portraying anyone that doesn't see Orton as the future and have a different idea as to what should happen as pathetic.
                              Indeed. It is pathetic! I haven't claimed that Orton was the future at all though have I? Nope. I also never said that Tebow wasn't the future either.

You are also saying that 81% of the people on this forum want to lose.
                              Uh no! Those that understand the mechanics of this game understand that Tebow isn't ready to start. The people who want Tebow to start regardless of circumstances want to LOSE with him instead. A loss is a loss regardless who is behind center.

You are also suggesting that 70-80% of Bronco fans (based on external polls) don't want to win. You need to get a grip.
                              I need to get a grip? You are the one overreacting.

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                              Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
                                Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                                What I find pathetic is people portraying anyone that doesn't see Orton as the future and have a different idea as to what should happen as pathetic. You are also saying that 81% of the people on this forum want to lose. You are also suggesting that 70-80% of Bronco fans (based on external polls) don't want to win. You need to get a grip.
                                I agree with you both to an extent. I think BK is right in the aspect that Tebow has not shown what it takes yet to become and starting NFL QB and the chances of him taking us to the post-season this year is slim at best.

Also agreeing with Nimrod that it appears that the fanbase believes we will lose if X QB doesn't start in place of Y QB, when we all as fans should be cheering on all off our quarterbacks and collectively support the one that our FO & Coach believes gives us the best to win now.

This is still a very talented team and we need to respect the choices our coaches make and not forget the most important part of this entire situation. We are Bronco fans, and as fans need to support whatever product is in on the field, and booing/slamming a player that is trying their best for our ambitions is not the way to go about it.
                                sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                                Sig by: MHS

Comment

Working...
                                X