Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What I find funny is Orton came in last in the poll!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
      I'm really genuinely surprised at the poll result to this thread. Do we honestly have THAT many Tebow homers on this board, or did that many people see things that I didn't during that game?

      I'm neither an Orton lover/Tebow homer/Quinn fanatic but I did not see a thing during that game from Tebow other than 1 good pass; other than that it was sloppy throws and desperate footwork throughout from his showing. So I don't understand the dynamic of this poll.

      Our defense appears to be much improved meaning that they should be able to make bigger plays and keep the offense on the field, that with the better run play will give the D more rest as well as we control the flow and possession time of the game.

      I saw Orton do what he always does, but coupled with better running play, I think RZ and 3rd downs are on the up and up.

      I also so Brady Quinn out-play Tebow in terms of everything during the game. So can someone give me a realistic and unbiased reason for why our fanbase is so adament about throwing in the towel for a guy with a good atiitude that most analyst think will never be a SB caliber QB over what looks like it is working already?

      Again I'm not hating on Tebow. I'm just looking for a reason to grasp this fanaticism over Tebow after a single pre-season game in which he did not look good in relation to his stat sheet.
      You couldn't have posted this in the thread with the poll...I'm sorry but this doesn't deserve it's own thread.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        You couldn't have posted this in the thread with the poll...I'm sorry but this doesn't deserve it's own thread.
        The thread with poll is 11 pages long which people don't want to completely run through and it doesn't have Weber as an option (Because he didn't play) and another one of the points I wanted to make was that he deserves a chance as well considering how well he's looking in TC as of late. It is also my collective reaction to the results as well that warranted my intention to begin a new thread to talk about it.

        I really don't think I need to defend my decision to start a new thread. I know the difference between adding to an existing and starting a new by now.
        sigpic

        Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
        Sig by: MHS

        Comment


        • Originally posted by vannestjc View Post
          I don't think it's about what anyone saw in 1 preseason game.

          There are a bunch of people who feel that Tim Tebow should be the future of this franchise. And coming off a 4-12 season...now is as good a time as any to start preparing for that future.

          The whole opinion is, quite simply, why continue down the Orton road...we know where that road leads. Tebow has so much potential and so many of the intangibles that so many Bronco fans would LOVE to see where THAT road ends.

          Continuing with Orton, in so many minds, is settling for mediocre to good football, with little to no potential for greatness.

          After several mediocre to horrible seasons in a row, I think a lot of Bronco fans are willing to risk the strike out to swing for the bleachers with Tebow. They're tired of singles and sac flies...they want to see some fireworks...and it's worth it to them to risk absolute failure for the opportunity to see greatness and the ultimate success.

          Course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

          Jim
          Not sure it could be said better
          The beatings will continue until morale improves....

          Comment


          • I compare it to Colt McCoy. McCoy looked good last night. Why? Because his team and coaches committed to him as the starter. He's still not great, but he's on his way to becoming a good starter.

            People here want to see Tebow get some commitment from the coaches and go all in with him. Orton walks next year so why delay this? Tebow will get his shot, it may not be this year but that's why I think people are determined they want him as our QB.

            Comment


            • Not even gonna debate it.

              Colt McCoy.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

              Comment


              • Originally posted by vannestjc View Post
                I don't think it's about what anyone saw in 1 preseason game.

                There are a bunch of people who feel that Tim Tebow should be the future of this franchise. And coming off a 4-12 season...now is as good a time as any to start preparing for that future.

                The whole opinion is, quite simply, why continue down the Orton road...we know where that road leads. Tebow has so much potential and so many of the intangibles that so many Bronco fans would LOVE to see where THAT road ends.

                Continuing with Orton, in so many minds, is settling for mediocre to good football, with little to no potential for greatness.

                After several mediocre to horrible seasons in a row, I think a lot of Bronco fans are willing to risk the strike out to swing for the bleachers with Tebow. They're tired of singles and sac flies...they want to see some fireworks...and it's worth it to them to risk absolute failure for the opportunity to see greatness and the ultimate success.

                Course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

                Jim

                QFT

                It is more about what we have seen Orton do for two years. I am done with that average QB play. For all his yards in 2010 Orton was still middle of the league in QB Rating when Tebow replaced him (14th as I recall). He is an average QB at best, a game manager...a good QB for an established team seeking someone to drive the corvette but not wreck it.

                We are not a corvette. We are the 1968 Mustang just pulled out of the junk yard of a 4 win season. It does not look pretty now but in 1 year with hard work it can be amazing. MOST of the parts need to be replaced.

                Since we are a growing team anyways lets go ahead and grow with Tebow for one year.

                Pretty sure we in for another losing year so lets go ahead and let Tebow get his bumps, who knows maybe he matures and becomes better halfway through the season and starts to become the kind of QB is will never be, the kind of QB who can carry a team with his improv play.

                If Orton has another losing year then his career as a starter in the NFL will be over and unless EFX works some serious magic with this team it is gonna be another 6 win season, maybe 7.

                Shoot Orton haters should LOVE IT if Orton starts again so his career as a starter can be over.

                If Tebow can not start I say we start Quinn and use Tebow as number 2 for Red Zone packages.

                One more point, if Orton starts and plays poorly the fans are going to turn on him faster then Fox can think "oh crap I should have started someone else". The fans have seen two years of Orton and the Broncos playing poorly. They are done with it.
                Last edited by Hadez; 08-14-2011, 10:35 AM.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kingpins9 View Post
                  Colt McCoy is a good player and a good Christian guy, but he never has been able to take a hit. If his line can keep him healthy, he may turn out to be great.
                  You're kidding, he's he missed 2 games his freshman year, while weighing 205, and the only other time he got hurt was against the number 3 pick in the draft, and it was a nerve injury, which means it could have happened to anybody
                  Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

                  Comment


                  • My view on this whole thing is that we should just see if tebow is the guy or not and if the latter is the case then the team should move on and look for that franchise qb ... Im tired of sticking with mediocre qbs just because they're not terrible.

                    Average qbs dont win superbowls unless u have an elite defense and running game and for the all the orton mediocre qb supporters we have neither of those

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
                      I compare it to Colt McCoy. McCoy looked good last night. Why? Because his team and coaches committed to him as the starter. He's still not great, but he's on his way to becoming a good starter.

                      People here want to see Tebow get some commitment from the coaches and go all in with him. Orton walks next year so why delay this? Tebow will get his shot, it may not be this year but that's why I think people are determined they want him as our QB.
                      Yes. The FO has to commit to a rookie QB. They "almost" did. Tebow deserved to be developed based on the three games he started last year.

                      It is too late now. What little bit of camp there was is over. No 1st team reps for Tebow and no plays/gameplans to his strengths.

                      This was it for Tebow and the Broncos. Next year Elway will draft his QB. Watch and see how a QB is developed with FO support-it won't be on the 3rd/4th/scout team I can promise you.

                      Everybody is so entrenched in their opinions it is rather pointless to discuss it. Orton/Broncos will win just enough games to make getting a top rookie QB difficult. Nobody knows what Tebow can do (still) and he will be traded, wasting a 1st round pick and losing a very popular player.

                      Comment


                      • Didn't both Charles Woodson and Tramon Williams sit out last night?

                        Big whoop Colt.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                          You think McCoy would be starting instead of Orton?
                          This is the key right here, the Browns have committed to McCoy, and they have started building the offense around his strengths. If McCoy was drafted here he would be struggling, it wouldn't be any different than it is right now.

                          This FO has no idea what they want to do with the QB position, do we keep Orton? Do we draft another QB? Do we start Tebow, or wait a year? Do we trade Tebow? Do we trade Orton? What about Quinn? There's no way this FO would commit to McCoy, we would have the exact same questions, just with McCoy's name instead of Tebow.

                          Hopefully at some point this year our FO figures out what they want to do with the QB position.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Portia11 View Post
                            Yes. The FO has to commit to a rookie QB. They "almost" did. Tebow deserved to be developed based on the three games he started last year.

                            It is too late now. What little bit of camp there was is over. No 1st team reps for Tebow and no plays/gameplans to his strengths.

                            This was it for Tebow and the Broncos. Next year Elway will draft his QB. Watch and see how a QB is developed with FO support-it won't be on the 3rd/4th/scout team I can promise you.

                            Everybody is so entrenched in their opinions it is rather pointless to discuss it. Orton/Broncos will win just enough games to make getting a top rookie QB difficult. Nobody knows what Tebow can do (still) and he will be traded, wasting a 1st round pick and losing a very popular player.
                            That's actually a pretty far stretch. What makes you think Tebow is going to get traded? He'll sit and learn and have a proper offseason to learn and grow. Just because he's not named the starter right now doesn't mean his career in Denver is over.

                            Over-dramatic.

                            Comment


                            • It's apparent that Orton is the plan B. But I salute Orton for behaving like a pro's pro. Some pundits crucify our FO for dangling Orton and not getting a deal done. We weren't offered what Orton is actually worth so we held on to him. Since we're paying him what we're paying him, we might as well start him. He IS the best QB on our roster at the moment.

                              We all know how Cutler reacted to such a scenario. Orton is the antithesis to the Cuttles reaction.

                              Plan A was to trade Orton and get the Tebow era under way -ready or not. Since we're paying Orton all those millions for this season, we might as well use him right? This way we keep Tebow healthy and keep him improving, while putting the wear and tear on Orton since we're paying for it.

                              Seems to me the Bronco Brass was left asking themselves, Orton is making Xmillions -do we sit him for Tebow or get our money's worth by playing him. Do we pay Orton to sit behind Tebow or
                              Do we get our money's worth and play Orton while letting Tebow continue to improve
                              Is it worth paying Orton to sit behind Tebow? Kind of a waste of big money isnt it?

                              I could be way off base but it seems that's the question the FO asked itself since the Miami trade didn't go down. I bet the decision was NOT a no-brainer and I see the logic in going with Orton as well as going with Tebow.

                              I bet at some point this season, Orton gets injured and Tebow takes over for good.
                              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
                                That's actually a pretty far stretch. What makes you think Tebow is going to get traded? He'll sit and learn and have a proper offseason to learn and grow. Just because he's not named the starter right now doesn't mean his career in Denver is over.

                                Over-dramatic.
                                100% fully agreed.
                                :logo:
                                :logo: :logo:

                                Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
                                Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
                                Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                                Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

                                Hersheypark's new ride:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X