Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    So we're going to get all bent out of shape after a couple of drives in the first preseason game of the year?

Did we all forget about the comeback win against the Texans?
    if you want to cling to one game last year and base all your hopes on that and ignore what's currently going on then be my guest. You could do that with alot of players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
      where did I say that? I've even acknowledged that Orton is a better pocket passer than Tebow. He did make some mistakes, he skipped a screen pass off the ground pretty badly. Just because I think Tebow played better than Orton, suddenly that means I think he is a God? come on dude, get out of here with that garbage.
      Because you are so completely biased its not worth my time.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
        One learns how to break down film. I have done it for football and basketball. Heck....even during live action, when I'm there in person, I tell my friends precisely what teams need to do and have been right most of the time. It is not difficult and I have been doing this for most of my life.

Basketball and Soccer and no not at the pro level.

Exactly...they are called highlights for a reason. Breaking down the highlights shows what needs to be worked on.

:paper:
        so it doesn't make you a guru on absolutely failsafe critic. Basketball and soccer are different sports then football. So to apply any detailed knowledge towards a completely different sport is not logical. Highlights did not tell you what a team needs to work on in fact they tell you the complete opposite. They are typically highlight if a team makes a big play i.e. performs well.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
          I'm really genuinely surprised at the poll result to this thread. Do we honestly have THAT many Tebow homers on this board, or did that many people see things that I didn't during that game?

I'm neither an Orton lover/Tebow homer/Quinn fanatic but I did not see a thing during that game from Tebow other than 1 good pass; other than that it was sloppy throws and desperate footwork throughout from his showing. So I don't understand the dynamic of this poll.

Our defense appears to be much improved meaning that they should be able to make bigger plays and keep the offense on the field, that with the better run play will give the D more rest as well as we control the flow and possession time of the game.

I saw Orton do what he always does, but coupled with better running play, I think RZ and 3rd downs are on the up and up.

I also so Brady Quinn out-play Tebow in terms of everything during the game. So can someone give me a realistic and unbiased reason for why our fanbase is so adament about throwing in the towel for a guy with a good atiitude that most analyst think will never be a SB caliber QB over what looks like it is working already?

Again I'm not hating on Tebow. I'm just looking for a reason to grasp this fanaticism over Tebow after a single pre-season game in which he did not look good in relation to his stat sheet.
          Please! Orton is orton. Efficient between the 20's. Chokes on 3rd down and in the redzone. Quinn looked solid against 3rd stringers. His days in the sun have long past. Tebow, he rarely looks pretty. Often raw or unpolished. But at the end of the day, the reason why Broncos fans OVERWHELMINGLY want Tebow as the starter is bcuz of his fire and leadership and grit and passion and balls and will to win. Quinn & Orton are none of those things.

Comment

for the record I can see there is no point to keep debating in circles with you about this when you clearly did not watch the game. Although the defense gave Tebow a shorter field he still moved the ball. One of his drives included a 40 yard pass to Willis. Tebow ended up driving the team to the Dallas 24 yard line, so no although he didn't officially entered the red zone he is only 4 yards short. Tebow did score a touchdown, it was called back due to a holding penalty. It may not have counted, but he definitely made it into the end zone on the play. So I don't know what you mean by he didn't make it into the end zone, he clearly did and anyone who watched the game would know that. How do you know he took off early if you didn't watch the game? Because other people said so? Orton had the better running game and pass protection and still managed to underperform. Tebow put up six points which should've been 10 and Orton put up 3. Orton stayed true to form and fizzled out in the red zone.
            Orton also got a lot less reps than did Tebow and Quinn to get to that End Zone.

Hate to be a wet blanket on your other comment though m8, but a TD negated by a penalty is not a TD. Doesn't matter how you cut it, he didn't succeed in that aspect. At least not in the Cowboy game.
            sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
            Sig by: MHS

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
              Because you are so completely biased its not worth my time.
              that's fine but you can't say I said that because I didn't say it. you can infer what you like but I call it like I see it. I never said Tebow was perfect or incapable of making a mistake but he did play better than Orton. And furthermore Orton does not give this team the best chance to win now or in the future. Why? Because he is 11 and 17 as a starter in Denver. He also went 3–10 last year. Orton has had his chance, he failed. that's not bias that's the truth.
              sigpic

Comment

• Have a wonderful and blessed birthday, Tim.

Comment

so it doesn't make you a guru on absolutely failsafe critic.
                  Never said I was perfect.

Basketball and soccer are different sports then football.
                  Not really. Football, Basketball, and Soccer all require split second decision making.

So to apply any detailed knowledge towards a completely different sport is not logical.
                  I guess I should have stated that I broke down the Pat-Eagles superbowl and stated precisely what Philly had to do to win the game. Turns out I was right but they did not win because they didn't do what they needed to do. I broke down Collegiate Basketball games with uncanny accuracy. I broke down NFL games with that same success rate.

Highlights did not tell you what a team needs to work on in fact they tell you the complete opposite.
                  You can always find something when one slows plays down. Just because it is a highlight does not mean it was a great play. It just looks great.

They are typically highlight if a team makes a big play i.e. performs well.
                  Performs well does not equate into a great play!
                  :logo:
                  :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
                  Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
                  Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                  Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

• Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                    Orton also got a lot less reps than did Tebow and Quinn to get to that End Zone.

Hate to be a wet blanket on your other comment though m8, but a TD negated by a penalty is not a TD. Doesn't matter how you cut it, he didn't succeed in that aspect. At least not in the Cowboy game.
                    I realize that and yes that is a fair argument. But he said Tebow didn't cross the goal line. He did but it was nullified by a holding penalty therefore he did not officially scored TD. He definitely crossed the goal line, which he said was false that was my point. I'm not saying he succeeded in that area, but people shouldn't speak to what they don't know if they don't watch the game.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Or we could cling to all those games Orton and Quinn won.....oh wait.....
                      Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                      You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

I realize that and yes that is a fair argument. But he said Tebow didn't cross the goal line. He did but it was nullified by a holding penalty therefore he did not officially scored TD.
                        Talk about double speak!

He definitely crossed the goal line, which he said was false that was my point. I'm not saying he succeeded in that area, but people shouldn't speak to what they don't know if they don't watch the game.
                        It is false. His TD was negated by a penalty. As such, he did not get the ball across the goal line. And you want to know why I accused you of double speaking :paper:
                        :logo:
                        :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
                        Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
                        Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                        Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

that's fine but you can't say I said that because I didn't say it. you can infer what you like but I call it like I see it. I never said Tebow was perfect or incapable of making a mistake but he did play better than Orton. And furthermore Orton does not give this team the best chance to win now or in the future. Why? Because he is 11 and 17 as a starter in Denver. He also went 3–10 last year. Orton has had his chance, he failed. that's not bias that's the truth.
                          It is not fact that Tebow played better in the preseason game. It is your opinion. In my opinion he looked shaky.

Our team has been terrible as a whole the last two years. Ortons 3-10 record is not all his fault. We did have the worst d in the league. Your boy Tebow could only manage a 1-2 record. But in your mind it was probably the d's fault and not his at all.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Happy Birthday Tim!
                            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
                              Never said I was perfect.

Not really. Football, Basketball, and Soccer all require split second decision making.

I guess I should have stated that I broke down the Pat-Eagles superbowl and stated precisely what Philly had to do to win the game. Turns out I was right but they did not win because they didn't do what they needed to do. I broke down Collegiate Basketball games with uncanny accuracy. I broke down NFL games with that same success rate.

You can always find something when one slows plays down. Just because it is a highlight does not mean it was a great play. It just looks great.

Performs well does not equate into a great play!
                              so does driving or any other aspect of life it still doesn't make it similar to a professional sport. Soccer and football are completely different sports, that's that.

So what if you have broken down film, are you a professional analyst? 100 people could look at the same piece of footage and have a different opinion. Has anyone validated your uncanny accuracy or eye for detail? performing well doesn't always equate to a great play, but it increases the chances exponentially. What should players do intentionally miss assignments? There's no way that would increase their chances of making a big play. it sounds like to me your tooting your own horn instead of looking at the game footage.
                              Last edited by Buckin' Bronco; 08-14-2011, 04:08 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                                if you want to cling to one game last year and base all your hopes on that and ignore what's currently going on then be my guest. You could do that with alot of players.
                                No, you're right, let's cling to a hypothetical situation based on 2 preseason drives.
                                sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                                Adopted By:
                                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                                Broncbeat

Comment

Working...
                                X