Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
    It is not fact that Tebow played better in the preseason game. It is your opinion. In my opinion he looked shaky.

Our team has been terrible as a whole the last two years. Ortons 3-10 record is not all his fault. We did have the worst d in the league. Your boy Tebow could only manage a 1-2 record. But in your mind it was probably the d's fault and not his at all.
    that's right mean you have differing opinions. our D was ranked dead last and there's no denying that. Orton did absolutely nothing to help the team. He flat-out quit during games last year and moped on the sidelines like a child when Tebow got the nod. Funny how Tebow scored more points and was far more competitive with those same players than Orton. He let us back from a 17 point halftime deficit to beat the Texans and we nearly came back and beat San Diego. Yes Tebow managed A1 into wreckers, but he was far more competitive than Orton.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
      Talk about double speak!

It is false. His TD was negated by a penalty. As such, he did not get the ball across the goal line. And you want to know why I accused you of double speaking :paper:
      Tebow crossed the goal line. He celebrated in the end zone after he did it. It does not go on the stat sheet but he did literally cross the goal line. You are wrong! You can hide behind semantics all you want but he did cross the goal line.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
        that's right mean you have differing opinions. our D was ranked dead last and there's no denying that. Orton did absolutely nothing to help the team. He flat-out quit during games last year and moped on the sidelines like a child when Tebow got the nod. Funny how Tebow scored more points and was far more competitive with those same players than Orton. He let us back from a 17 point halftime deficit to beat the Texans and we nearly came back and beat San Diego. Yes Tebow managed A1 into wreckers, but he was far more competitive than Orton.
        If he is far more competitive, why do his teammates prefer Orton as a starter this year. Answer this.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
          if you want to cling to one game last year and base all your hopes on that and ignore what's currently going on then be my guest. You could do that with alot of players.
          By that theory, forget McCoy, we should've drafted Mallet, he outplayed everybody.

Comment

• It's still way too early to compare
            "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Tebow crossed the goal line. He celebrated in the end zone after he did it.
              So? It didn't count. As such, it did not happen! Do you not understand this?

It does not go on the stat sheet but he did literally cross the goal line. You are wrong! You can hide behind semantics all you want but he did cross the goal line.
              I hide behind facts. He did not punch the ball into the endzone. That is the cold hard facts. It is only you who are arguing semantics.
              :logo:
              :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
              Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
              Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
              Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

If he is far more competitive, why do his teammates prefer Orton as a starter this year. Answer this.
                would you speak out against the status quo put down by the front office? The front office appointed Orton to be the starter, they are the ones that signed these guys paycheck. These guys aren't stupid enough to buck the powers in charge. It's common sense. That's why the fans want Tebow because they are free to speak their minds without any criticism or retribution.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  This FO wouldn't be anymore behind McCoy than they are behind Tebow had he been drafted here, you're kidding yourself if you believe otherwise. McCoy had plenty of concerns as to his ability to be an NFL QB coming out of college, he wasn't a top prospect last year (similar to Tebow).

In the end he fell into the perfect situation with the perfect offense, had he come here it would've been the worst possible situation for him.
                  I didn't say that Elway and Fox would be 100% behind McCoy. What I am saying is it would be easier for them to be behind McCoy because he is more of a traditional QB and actually has the traditional skills that both Fox and Elway value. The transition from Orton to McCoy would not be as rocky as going from Orton to Tebow. ANY QB that was from the prior error, hypothetical or not, is not in an ideal situation in Denver. It's clear that Elway and Fox want THEIR guy. They want to build with THAT guy. Tebow doesn't fit what either of them want in a QB. Tebow doesn't fit what Elway sees as a good QB, and he doesn't fit with a conservative coach like Fox. I know Elway said he's a "great kid and a good football player", and Tebow IS a great kid and a good football player. Elway has never ONCE, however, stated his admiration for Tebow as a Quarterback, and neither has John Fox.

Case in point Elway is not interested in building around Tebow? The hiring of John Fox. He couldn't have picked a worse coach to get behind and utilize an unconventional QB. That speaks volumes, IMHO.

BTW- I'm NOT a Tebow basher. I LIKE him as a person, I think he's a great role model for young people. The problem I have is with the "Tebow thing", not Tim Tebow. I believe the Broncos would be better off going in their OWN direction, and he would be better off given a chance elsewhere. Simple as that.
                  Last edited by OrangeCrushem; 08-14-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bradshaw3001 View Post
                    What does being a "good Christian guy" have to do with anything? A scumbag makes just as good QBs as a goodie-two-shoes. To wit: Brett Favre, Ken Stabler, Joe Namath, Ben Roethlisberger, etc.

Just leave religion and politics out of it... this is part of the reason there is such Tebow backlash around these parts.
                    I don't think that it is Tebow's religious beliefs that gives the backlash - actually it is not anything Tebow himself does. It is the disrespect for the Broncos, the hatefull tone against anyone deemed to conspire against Tebow - someone like Orton that has the audacity to outplay Tebow.

I would love nothing more than for Tebow to just come out dominating - but he is not doing that so the player fans has to come up with all sorts of stupid remarks about anybody that is deemed to to be in the way of the Tebow coronation.

Comment

So? It didn't count. As such, it did not happen! Do you not understand this?

I hide behind facts. He did not punch the ball into the endzone. That is the cold hard facts. It is only you who are arguing semantics.
                      answer me this? If somebody were to T-bone you with their car and got away does that mean it didn't happen? did you not say "he did not cross the goal line"? That's FALSE. Tim Tebow literally carried the ball across the goal line. did he not? you aren't stating fact, it's revisionist history and a lie!
                      Last edited by Buckin' Bronco; 08-14-2011, 04:20 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

would you speak out against the status quo put down by the front office? The front office appointed Orton to be the starter, they are the ones that signed these guys paycheck. These guys aren't stupid enough to buck the powers in charge. It's common sense. That's why the fans want Tebow because they are free to speak their minds without any criticism or retribution.
                        Nah man. I went to the scrimmage and saw it first hand. Going to the that scrimmage at invesco was the thing that changed my mind on the whole situation. Being there it was clear that the players rallied around orton and believe in him.
                        sigpic

Comment

answer me this? If somebody were to T-bone you with their car and got away does that mean it didn't happen?
                          Sorry but that would be construed as a hit and run which is a crime in this country.

did you not say "he did not cross the goal line"? That's FALSE. Tim Tebow literally carried the ball across the goal line. did he not?
                          If you bothered to actually read what I said, you would know the answer to answer to this.
                          :logo:
                          :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
                          Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
                          Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                          Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

Sorry but that would be construed as a hit and run which is a crime in this country.

If you bothered to actually read what I said, you would know the answer to answer to this.
                            your car would still be damaged. Yes or no? if yes that's proof that it did happen.

I did read what you said, you are stating your opinion as the fact instead of what actually happened. That's a lie straight up.
                            Last edited by Buckin' Bronco; 08-14-2011, 04:26 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

It is not fact that Tebow played better in the preseason game. It is your opinion. In my opinion he looked shaky.

Our team has been terrible as a whole the last two years. Ortons 3-10 record is not all his fault. We did have the worst d in the league. Your boy Tebow could only manage a 1-2 record. But in your mind it was probably the d's fault and not his at all.
                              No doubt our 3-10 record with Orton last season wasn't ALL his fault. The running game (lack of) & poor defense were also co-perpetrators. However, KO had many opportunities to pull out that 3rd down conversion or redzone TD but choked time & tume again. Tebow does not choke when the chips are down.

Comment

• Happy Birthday Timmy!!!!
                                "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X