Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
    your car would still be damaged. Yes or no?
    Of course it is going to be damaged but your analogy is 100% flawed to the point of being meaningless. For starters, if I got t-boned, the other car would more than likely not get away whatsoever. So the answer to the question is just as meaningless.

I did read what you said you are stating your opinion as the fact instead of actually happened. That's a lie straight up.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...0&postcount=46

Originally posted by BroncoKing
    Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco
    It may not have counted, but he definitely made it into the end zone on the play. So I'll know what you mean by he didn't make it into the end zone, he clearly did and anyone who watched the game would know that.
    Yep. He made it with a holding penalty which negated the TD. He failed to score a TD and anyone who actually paid attention to the game would know that. They had to settle for a FG when we should have gotten 7 points. Just like we should have gotten 7 points when Orton led the team to the 1 yd line.
    :logo:
    :logo: :logo:

Air Force Falcons (0-0)(0-0)
    Moon Twp Tigers (0-0)(0-0)
    Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
    Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufRbn...layer_embedded

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKing View Post
      Talk about double speak!

It is false. His TD was negated by a penalty. As such, he did not get the ball across the goal line. And you want to know why I accused you of double speaking :paper:
      this was the post that I was referring to. You clearly stated he did not cross the goal line. That's not what happened. You lied end of story. And the car getting away from the accident wasn't the point and you cannot assume so. you're simply unwilling to admit a fact Tebow cross the goal line. revisionist history is bull.
      sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately this is 100% true! It really is pathetic that many fans do not want us to win now. It really is pathetic to see our fan base claiming that Tebow can lead this team to the playoffs this year when it is obvious to anyone who actually follows the sport knows that Tebow is not yet ready to be a full time starter.
        Orton's leading us to the playoffs.......

Not!!!!
        Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
        Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
        "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
        Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
        sigpic

Comment

this was the post that I was referring to. You clearly stated he did not cross the goal line. That's not what happened. You lied end of story. And the car getting away from the accident wasn't the point and you cannot assume so. you're simply unwilling to admit a fact Tebow cross the goal line.
          Here's a post to counter:

Post 52

Originally posted by Broncoking
          Originally posted by Buckin' Bronco
          you stated that Tebow did not get into the end zone on that drive. That is FALSE! He did score a rushing touchdown but it was negated due to a penalty. He crossed the goal line which you said was not the case. I agree we did have to settle for a FG nonetheless.
          Here is where we agree. Since we had to settle for 3 points, Tebow DID NOT score a TD. Does not matter if he "scored" on the play with the holding penalty. It does not count. I fully understand that.

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
          Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

Here's a post to counter:

Post 52
            counter what? The TD may have not officially been recorded but it still physically happened. You on the other hand deny that fact.
            sigpic

Comment

counter what? The TD may have not officially been recorded but it still physically happened. You on the other hand deny that fact.
              To bad my post says otherwise. Nice try though.

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
              Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

• Happy Birthday.
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                  Nah man. I went to the scrimmage and saw it first hand. Going to the that scrimmage at invesco was the thing that changed my mind on the whole situation. Being there it was clear that the players rallied around orton and believe in him.
                  Ya I think this was a glaring foreshadow as to how this football team is going to go this year. I don't see Tebow coming back from his bad showing at the scrimmage/TC and the support Orton is now getting to a starting position on this team.

BTW that T-bone car analogy was terrible lol. If the entire line/te's/rb's/hb's/fb's held a defender I could personally run it into the endzone...but in all good faith I could not take credit for a TD whether I crossed the line or not. Holding penalty = didn't happen IMO
                  sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                  Sig by: MHS

Comment

• Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                    BTW that T-bone car analogy was terrible lol. If the entire line/te's/rb's/hb's/fb's held a defender I could personally run it into the endzone...but in all good faith I could not take credit for a TD whether I crossed the line or not. Holding penalty = didn't happen IMO
                    Thank you! Someone else who understands how its done!

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                    Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

To bad my post says otherwise. Nice try though.
                      what's too bad is you can't even bring yourself to admit a simple truth that is plain as day. Instead you choose to twist the truth in desperation to convince others of an argument that you won't even admit is blatantly false.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Brakshow View Post
                        Ya I think this was a glaring foreshadow as to how this football team is going to go this year. I don't see Tebow coming back from his bad showing at the scrimmage/TC and the support Orton is now getting to a starting position on this team.

no I personally would not take credit for it and I never said anyone should. In fact I agree that it did not officially count. But he acts as if everyone in the stadium didn't see the play except him. Officially recorded and physically happened are two very different things. He won't even admit that Tim physically carried the ball across the goal line. That's all I'm saying.
                        sigpic

Comment

what's too bad is you can't even bring yourself to admit a simple truth that is plain as day. Instead you choose to twist the truth in desperation to convince others of an argument that you won't even admit is blatantly false.
                          I stated he scored but it was negated by the Holding penalty. As such, the play did not happen. As such, we could not get 7 points and had to settle for 3. That is the simple truth. A truth you yourself have admitted to! I'm not the one that has to come to grips with reality! Only you have ignored my statements regarding Tebow scoring.

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                          Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

no I personally would not take credit for it and I never said anyone should. In fact I agree that it did not officially count. But he acts as if everyone in the stadium didn't see the play except him. Officially recorded and physically happened are two very different things. He won't even admit that Tim physically carried the ball across the goal line. That's all I'm saying.
                            Talk about twisting facts!

Denver Broncos (0-0-0)
                            Hershey Bears (0-0-0-0)

Hersheypark's new ride:

Comment

Talk about twisting facts!
                              whatever I stated my opinion and apparently you disagree. Let's just agree to disagree and let that be that in fact in your previous post it appears that we agree more than I thought we did so let's just leave it at that.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by elway93 View Post
                                After one week of preseason football, the thing that stood out the most to me was Colt McCoy's performance last night. McCoy looked great last night, displaying outstanding accuracy and basically looking like a young Drew Brees. Now, I still have faith that the Broncos will eventually turn Tim Tebow into a solid NFL QB, but part of me wishes we would have picked up Colt McCoy late in the second round last year instead of trading back into the first to get Tebow. What do you guys think?
                                I think you're being a prisoner of the moment. I think you're forgetting what we saw from McCoy and Tebow in the regular season last year, not just in the first preseason games this year (in which Tebow did just fine).

I like Colt McCoy a lot. I think with Holmgren as his mentor in a west coast offense, that he will at the very least be a good NFL QB, and maybe more. As with so many of the other comparisons brought up against Tebow, though, the numbers show that in most categories Tebow performed better in regular season action last year. W/L %, TD%, INT%, Y/A, Sacks, QB rating, Points/Game, Tebow did better in all of them. Tebow's offense scored an average of 25 points a game in his 3 starts, Colt's offense scored an average of 18.75 points a game in his 8 starts. Colt looked very confident in the pocket last year, very Un-rookie like, but he also threw a number of very ugly interceptions. He doesn't have nearly the arm strength as Tebow, but that shouldn't matter nearly as much in a west coast offense.

Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
                                At this point Colt is a much more polished NFL QB. Only time will tell who will do better in the long run. I myself would have preferred that the Broncos drafted Colt but what's done is done.

Thx,
                                Joe
                                That's no big surprise since he has started almost 3 times as many NFL games as Tebow has.

Comment

Working...
                                X