Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    if Denver intends on trading Orton it will be before week 6.

    He's a UFA after this season.
    IMO he finishes the season here and we sign another journeyman to compete.

    Comment


    • Urban Meyer on Hoge/Tebow

      http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...r-on-hogetebow

      Good video. Surprised it hasn't been posted yet. Very insightful.
      sigpic

      Hooray, beer!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by OrangeCrushem View Post
        I didn't say that Elway and Fox would be 100% behind McCoy. What I am saying is it would be easier for them to be behind McCoy because he is more of a traditional QB and actually has the traditional skills that both Fox and Elway value. The transition from Orton to McCoy would not be as rocky as going from Orton to Tebow. ANY QB that was from the prior error, hypothetical or not, is not in an ideal situation in Denver. It's clear that Elway and Fox want THEIR guy. They want to build with THAT guy. Tebow doesn't fit what either of them want in a QB. Tebow doesn't fit what Elway sees as a good QB, and he doesn't fit with a conservative coach like Fox. I know Elway said he's a "great kid and a good football player", and Tebow IS a great kid and a good football player. Elway has never ONCE, however, stated his admiration for Tebow as a Quarterback, and neither has John Fox.

        Case in point Elway is not interested in building around Tebow? The hiring of John Fox. He couldn't have picked a worse coach to get behind and utilize an unconventional QB. That speaks volumes, IMHO.

        BTW- I'm NOT a Tebow basher. I LIKE him as a person, I think he's a great role model for young people. The problem I have is with the "Tebow thing", not Tim Tebow. I believe the Broncos would be better off going in their OWN direction, and he would be better off given a chance elsewhere. Simple as that.
        The problem with that is if Orton had been traded a couple weeks ago, something that came very close to happening, Tebow would be the starter right now. Its a bit hard to believe that the FO has no plans for a guy they were ready to start just a couple weeks ago.

        Maybe they changed their mind about Tebow during camp, which would be horribly dumb to judge a 1st rounder off a week of practice. Maybe they never wanted to trade Orton, and it was Orton who wanted the trade (as the Denver Post article stated). But the key is they were still willing to trade him regardless of who wanted the trade. You don't think about trading your franchise QB, that clearly shows they don't have future plans for Orton beyond this year.

        Maybe they plan on drafting a QB next year, in that case why not cut Orton, save his salary, and see what we have in Tebow. We might find out we don't need a QB next year, and its not too crazy of an idea, they were willing to start Tebow a few weeks ago.

        In the end none of us have any clue what this FO is planning on doing with QB situation, and to be honest I don't think the FO has any idea either.

        Comment


        • I watched this video 10 days ago. Urban Meyer now works for ESPN. He can't really rip Merril Hoge, another ESPN employee. I would like to listen to Meyer's response if he was not being paid by ESPN. But Meyer will always love Tebow and be positive about him. I enjoyed this interview with Karl Mecklenburg:

          http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/M...spx?ID=1522071
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Saw it at the time and it was discussed in the Hoge threads at the time.

            Urban sounded like he just got out of bed. What a boring, boring man.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
              Saw it at the time and it was discussed in the Hoge threads at the time.

              Urban sounded like he just got out of bed. What a boring, boring man.
              Seriously...It was really hard to get through.
              New England Patriots GM

              Comment


              • Dry as he may be, I just like the fact that he can be somewhat realistic in his evaluation of Tim Tebow at this stage and his future.

                I liked the Alex Smith comparison, and I think he's 100% right. On a good/great team with a strong veteran coaching staff, Tebow could really flourish. Also, I agree with him on the discussion that he's never going to be a pocket type of guy. Will McCoy and Fox redesign the offensive scheme to fit Tebow, or is it simply a means an end?
                sigpic

                Hooray, beer!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  Dry as he may be, I just like the fact that he can be somewhat realistic in his evaluation of Tim Tebow at this stage and his future.

                  I liked the Alex Smith comparison, and I think he's 100% right. On a good/great team with a strong veteran coaching staff, Tebow could really flourish. Also, I agree with him on the discussion that he's never going to be a pocket type of guy. Will McCoy and Fox redesign the offensive scheme to fit Tebow, or is it simply a means an end?
                  From the look of the pre-season game they would probably utilize some of Tebows skills. Either way, if we win/lose with Orton or win/lose with Tebow, we will at least have some direction next year.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    I liked the Alex Smith comparison, and I think he's 100% right. On a good/great team with a strong veteran coaching staff, Tebow could really flourish. Also, I agree with him on the discussion that he's never going to be a pocket type of guy. Will McCoy and Fox redesign the offensive scheme to fit Tebow, or is it simply a means an end?
                    I don't know about "never going to be a pocket type of guy. And I think Urban would agree with me on the following clarification.

                    Tebow might be pretty much a pocket passer only in 8 to 10 years. He wouldn't be the first mobile QB to run around a lot, then do it less and less as the years go buy. You just get better and better at that as the years go by. Rodgers used to be much more of a mobile, but 7 years into it he's able to be a surgeon at this point.

                    I do agree with the idea that "Tebow will never make it if they insist he become a pocket guy." In other words, he needs to be himself starting out, in an offense geared towards his skills. (Pretty much everybody does).

                    But there are those that mean "He's a horrible passer and he'll never be good." That's just not justified. The reason it is not is that he is so accurate down the field. He displays a freakish, natural ability to to put longer passes on the money. This means that the unteachable core talent is there. He just needs to reinvent his whole footwork, because his every "foot" instinct right now has been built around being a running threat.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                      The problem with that is if Orton had been traded a couple weeks ago, something that came very close to happening, Tebow would be the starter right now. Its a bit hard to believe that the FO has no plans for a guy they were ready to start just a couple weeks ago.

                      Maybe they changed their mind about Tebow during camp, which would be horribly dumb to judge a 1st rounder off a week of practice. Maybe they never wanted to trade Orton, and it was Orton who wanted the trade (as the Denver Post article stated). But the key is they were still willing to trade him regardless of who wanted the trade. You don't think about trading your franchise QB, that clearly shows they don't have future plans for Orton beyond this year.

                      Maybe they plan on drafting a QB next year, in that case why not cut Orton, save his salary, and see what we have in Tebow. We might find out we don't need a QB next year, and its not too crazy of an idea, they were willing to start Tebow a few weeks ago.

                      In the end none of us have any clue what this FO is planning on doing with QB situation, and to be honest I don't think the FO has any idea either.
                      they were planning on starting tebow until they realized how much work this guy has to do. As for seeing what he has in a game the pre season will be good for determining that. He was able to produce but had a very shakey performance. I really feel that if he starts the entire season it will be the most painfully exciting thing to watch. Teams will gameplan to exploit his weaknesses and he will struggle badly. He is just not good enough right now. But that's right now. Who knows how he looks a couple football focused months from now. He didnt have the most football focused lock out from the looks of things. I think if tebow shows drastic improvement from the start of this year to the end of the season in practice without even stepping on the field then his future with the team just might be safe for another season and he will have earned his chance to start. The one thing that has cuased failure to this franchise in my opinion is constant focus on changing the QB position when it is not the biggest problem to fix. So far fox is not taking that route and i dont think he will. So with that said tebow is safe and its not now or never unless he starts now.

                      Comment


                      • What he said about Tebow is what I have already said. Tebow is not a pocket passer, and to ask him to be on is asking him to be something he is not. Teams that let him play his style of football will be successful.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Jay Cutler had one of the highest QB ratings outside the pocket when he was coached by Shanahan. I don't want Tebow to play like a statue in the pocket all the time. Why don't we make Tebow throw on the run, out of the pocket like Jake Plummer also used to do? Why don't we see bootlegs with Tebow? That's how you take advantage of his mobility while calling a pass play. It's better than Tebow running up the middle for 1 yard. The Shanahan offense would look nice with Tebow. ZBS and bootleg.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                            The Shanahan offense would look nice with Tebow. ZBS and bootleg.
                            Big Ben had a wicked play in the AFC Championship game last year, one that I want in the Broncos playbook. I've looked for video of it online, but never found it.

                            It was just about undefendable -- he rolled right, had an RB out to his far right, and a TE about 10 yards deep rolling with him. He was clearly running it like an option, looking to keep the ball if no one stopped him, dump it to TE, or fling it out towards the sideline.

                            Comment


                            • I think the QB's played to their reputations:

                              Orton still can't get it doen in the red zone, and eventually that will cost him his starting job this season.

                              Tebow made the best throw of the evening to Willis. Yes, he will go through his growing pains, but I still believe he will play this season, and probably extensively.

                              The calls for Quinn remind me of those for Chris Simms a couple of years back....he is a popular choice, until he actually gets into the games.

                              Quinn sucks, and he will be exposed if he is given any extended regular season playing time.

                              All in all, play Orton until it starts to go south, then play Tebow for better or worse.

                              Orton and Quinn will not be brought back next season, so Tebow is the only one who makes sense, just so we can see if he can play.
                              Last edited by MindField; 08-14-2011, 07:08 PM.

                              Comment


                              • I saw Orton look the exact same as last season and that is WITHOUT A DOUBT good enough reason for me to want Tebow or Quinn

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X