Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
    I

I do agree with the idea that "Tebow will never make it if they insist he become a pocket guy." In other words, he needs to be himself starting out, in an offense geared towards his skills. (Pretty much everybody does).
    Meyerspeak. Yes, he can't say directly what he feels and believes, (well he could, but he won't) It benefits him to fit in with ESPN agenda.

Comment

• Orangecrush- you aided me to name one thing....ok

THEY TRIED TO TRADE ORTON!!!---LOL,oops.

But just in case you ignore that. Elway said they'd never give up on him. He is the number two qb despite the fact that he has has 12not practices 3 pre season games and 3 starts.....and been outplayed in practice by all the qbs aside from weber.

No one said they are tied to him or anything else. But I will gladly bet you that Tebow will be a starter here as the number 1 qb......and im not a teboner either. But im also not blind and take swing in the dark positions to back up my claims that I so desperately want to happen. Because im wrong or scared or whatever else.

Your ENTIRE thread was stated as fact but was completely full of speculation and ifs all based on YOUR point of view.
      Which as you said is just fine, everyone has their own views and positions, but wild claims based on your own beliefs as facts .....well that's why I said there was no way you could HONESTLY believe what you wrote
      So far:
      FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
      1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Being a Texas fan I really wanted McCoy, and if I had to do it all over again would take him in the 2nd/3rd round instead, but we drafted Tebow, and I'm a bigger Broncos fan than I am a Colt McCoy fan, so I'm happy and ready to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bradshaw3001 View Post
          What does being a "good Christian guy" have to do with anything? A scumbag makes just as good QBs as a goodie-two-shoes. To wit: Brett Favre, Ken Stabler, Joe Namath, Ben Roethlisberger, etc.

Just leave religion and politics out of it... this is part of the reason there is such Tebow backlash around these parts.
          Don't try to tell me what to write in my posts. I'll post what I want. If my posts offend you, don't read them. Are we clear ? Good.
          11/22/11

Comment

• Throwing motion, footwork, etc.

Look guys. Everybody knows he can work on some of these things, and he is every single day. Think about this. there are a lot of QB's in this league... good ones with flaws.

I mean who comes up with how a QB is supposed to look?

The QB position is mostly mental.

If you're good enough fundamentally to make it to the NFL the hardest part after that is the mental stuff which Tebow does not lack..

Comment

• Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
              Orangecrush- you aided me to name one thing....ok

THEY TRIED TO TRADE ORTON!!!---LOL,oops.

But just in case you ignore that. Elway said they'd never give up on him. He is the number two qb despite the fact that he has has 12not practices 3 pre season games and 3 starts.....and been outplayed in practice by all the qbs aside from weber.

No one said they are tied to him or anything else. But I will gladly bet you that Tebow will be a starter here as the number 1 qb......and im not a teboner either. But im also not blind and take swing in the dark positions to back up my claims that I so desperately want to happen. Because im wrong or scared or whatever else.

Your ENTIRE thread was stated as fact but was completely full of speculation and ifs all based on YOUR point of view.
              Which as you said is just fine, everyone has their own views and positions, but wild claims based on your own beliefs as facts .....well that's why I said there was no way you could HONESTLY believe what you wrote
              Look, I didn't say XYZ from insert media outlet here said it's a fact Tebow will be gone. I SAID IT because I believe it's a fact. I don't have a crystal ball, neither do you, and NOTHING is set in stone. The NFL is a business as well as entertainment.

This is a message board. Everyone has an opinion, and my posts state what I think just like your posts state what you think. It's not a wild claim, it's my opinion. Along the sames lines, I think Orton needs to play his keester off or he will commit career suicide when it comes to being paid to be a starter for anybody. THat's not a fact, that's an opinion I formulated from what happened last month. I don't think it's necessary for posters to put disclaimers in everything they write just to make sure others don't take an opinion as fact. A wild claim would be that Orton is going to have a bust in Canton. Another wild claim would be that the Broncos will trade Tebow straight up for the right to draft Andrew Luck.

Actually, I've heard Orton requested the trade, and you're right, the FO was willing to do it. I'd bet you a dollar to a donut they are RELIEVED that it didn't go down, though. Why? They aren't willing to invest the LONG TERM time and money to build a team around a QB PROJECT that they have no vested interest in. That is IMHO...
              Last edited by OrangeCrushem; 08-14-2011, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• He looked good against a packers team playing duper vanilla D with a perfect pocket. It would have been shocking if he hadn't put up good numbers. I guess using this logic Cutler is a bum, because his o-line was awful.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• His motion is slowass heck ... easy for defenders to know when the ball's coming out. No quick release at all. Big hype machine, bad pick, a mcdummy pick = BAD BAD! lol

Comment

• I'd take Tebow over McCoy everyday of the week and twice on Sunday's simply because of the upside he possesses.

McCoy hasn't got a high ceiling. McCoy to Pennington is actually a really good comparison as someone said earlier in the thread. Frail players, weak arms but super accurate. McCoy will never be a guy who can win you a game of his arm, but he can be a very good game manager. Tebow can be a guy who can you a game with his own play though.

McCoy is extremely lucky that he's got a good o-line, a coaching staff that support him and pretty much a system perfectly suited to his game. Tebow lacks this (the o-line is good I guess, but Orlando Franklin as his blindside protector? yikes). Nonetheless, even with what both of them have shown thus far in their careers, if I had to pick one of them to win for my team, right this moment, it's Tebow and without looking back. He's got the "it" factor that McCoy hasn't, he can make plays with his legs and he can sling it if he needs to. McCoy can't and that's what separates them.

Also, whilst McCoy's performance against the Packers was impressive statistically, it was a preseason game. The Packers were obviously not there mentally and really couldn't care whereas the Browns O and McCoy definitely turned up ready to play. I'd hardly read into it.
                    sigpic
                    St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                      Also, I agree with him on the discussion that he's never going to be a pocket type of guy. Will McCoy and Fox redesign the offensive scheme to fit Tebow, or is it simply a means an end?
                      They don't have to redesign the offense to the point of creating something bizarre that only fits Tebow. Just be smart with the play calling and let Tebow move instead of just playing like a statue in the pocket.

Look at the Packers' offense against the Browns:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201108...owns#tab:watch

It's perfect for Tebow. And nothing out of this world.

1st play: Rodgers on the move, but he gives the ball to the RB. Good play for a mobile QB with the option to keep the ball and execute the bootleg.

2nd play: Great formation for Tebow. Shotgun with a receiving TE #83 close to the OL and a RB between the RG and RT. You can use a good combination of quick passes with the TE and RB, and these guys can also block for Tebow if it's a designed run off tackle, for example. Rodgers moves out of the pocket and throws on the run.

These are the kinds of plays Tebow should execute more often. A lot of movement and opportunity for deception.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Well if tebow needs an offense designed for him instead of one he has to fit into then he should start looking at another team to play for sooner than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by CUTLERIZED View Post
                          Look guys. Everybody knows he can work on some of these things, and he is every single day. Think about this. there are a lot of QB's in this league... good ones with flaws.

I mean who comes up with how a QB is supposed to look?

The QB position is mostly mental.

If you're good enough fundamentally to make it to the NFL the hardest part after that is the mental stuff which Tebow does not lack..
                          reading the defense is mental. He lacks that.

Comment

• What I find hilarious is how the media is now all slobbering on Cam Newton. Mike Greenberg just said he is nearly breathless by what he saw. John Clayton just said Newton was "spot on" with his throws. He said it is so obvious he is ready to be the starter.

Let me clarify.

Newton was 8 for 19. He 0 for 6 on 3rd down. They made excuses that 2 passes were dropped for him.

Now, compare that with what they say about Tebow and his decent showing in preseason. I remember at least one pass dropped. His completion% was very good in pre-season.

I wish I was as blind as others as to what is happening and the reason behind the blatant double standard. Hell, it is so obvious about what they are doing, that even if I was blind, I would see what is happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                              reading the defense is mental. He lacks that.
                              Actually, the Cowboys blitzed Tebow on nearly every play. Tebow made the right reads and made decent throws to his hot reads. Do you know what the 2 route is on a blitz from the wide out?

He sold the screen pass farily well. He sucked the line in and that is the real trick with the screen pass. I assure you, if Newton or Bradford ran that screen, that is all the media would be saying. Instead, they say Tebow's screen wasnt that accurate.

It is beyond pathetic. Are we going to point out that Orton's two completions were both behind Decker and behind Moreno? No? Of course not.

Comment

• Has anyone ever said this about Colt?

“I didn’t know [Tebow was that strong],” Victor Butler said Thursday, per ESPN Dallas. “I’ll know the next time. I’m going to run through him. I thought it was going to be an easy sack. I guess not. He’s a guy that’s got a little bite to him. … I heard that everybody wants a Tebow sack. It’s like getting an Xbox for Christmas. Everybody wants one. I guess I’ll have to get mine next year.”
                                Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                                You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

Working...
                                X