No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't care how traditional Tebow is rather he drops back in the pocket or runs the ball,who cares how you win as long as you win the game.The old saying is "Its more than one way to skin a cat",as long as Tebow finds a way to win the game is all i care about.

Comment

• One of the key points of the Steve Young comparison is to learn a lesson from history, and AVOID that period where people fail to realize his potential. It cost Young years of his career, but it didn't need to. He wasn't properly developed until Walsh got a hold of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
        One of the key points of the Steve Young comparison is to learn a lesson from history, and AVOID that period where people fail to realize his potential. It cost Young years of his career, but it didn't need to. He wasn't properly developed until Walsh got a hold of him.
        I agree.Now with Elway getting a hold on Tebow,he may be just as succussfull as Steve Young by helping him to develop some weaknesses he has.I'm excited with Elway working with Tebow the same way as Walsh and Young.

Comment

• Hoge back with more love for Tebow

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-impress-hoge/

Tebow’s preseason performance fails to impress Hoge
          Posted by Michael David Smith on August 17, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
          Tim Tebow AP

ESPN’s Merril Hoge has staked a claim as the foremost critic of Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow. And if you think Tebow’s 6-for-7, 91-yard preseason performance last week is going to change Hoge’s mind, think again.

Hoge said today that he thinks Tebow’s mechanics are such a mess that there’s simply no turning him into an effective NFL quarterback.

“You’ve got to look at a couple flaws that Tim Tebow had at Florida and still has in the National Football League that I don’t believe ever get better,” Hoge said. “First of all, his delivery is such an elongated motion that you have to have a complete, clear pocket for him to be successful down the field. If you don’t have that, you’re going to struggle.”

In the Broncos’ preseason game against the Cowboys, Tebow completed a 43-yard pass to Matt Willis on a ball that traveled about 50 yards in the air and hit Wills right in the hands, but what Hoge saw was Tebow having all day to pass on the play — and needing it because it takes him so long to get the ball out.

“Yes, he completes it, but that’s a perfect setting,” Hoge said. “In the National Football League, almost 50 percent of all throws are under duress. So you’re not going to have that every time.”

Before last year’s NFL draft, there was a lot of talk about Tebow changing his throwing motion to become more of an NFL-style pocket passer. Hoge says it hasn’t worked, and Tebow’s throwing motion is the same as ever.

“His accuracy really struggles from that elongated motion,” Hoge said. “When you have a guy that elongated in his motion, he’s less accurate, he’s not as quick throwing the football. . . . That entices teams to blitz more. He takes more hits during the course of the game.”

According to Hoge, Tebow has developed so many bad habits as a passer that it’s too late for him to change. And he said that any player on the Broncos can plainly see that Tebow has no business being their starter.

“That will never change — that will always be there,” Hoge said. “If they start Tim Tebow, players are not stupid. That coaching staff will have no respect from the players.”

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
            I really don't care how traditional Tebow is rather he drops back in the pocket or runs the ball,who cares how you win as long as you win the game.The old saying is "Its more than one way to skin a cat",as long as Tebow finds a way to win the game is all i care about.
            ^^^^
            This.

I don't care if it's pretty. I don't care if it's prototypical. I don't care if it's unconventional.

I just care if it's a win...

Steve Young is the most accurate comparison to Tebow at this stage of his (their) careers.

Comment

• Eh, I usually listen to Hoge.
              He was just talking about this type of stuff.
              He could be right. We'll see.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                One of the key points of the Steve Young comparison is to learn a lesson from history, and AVOID that period where people fail to realize his potential. It cost Young years of his career, but it didn't need to. He wasn't properly developed until Walsh got a hold of him.
                You can argue that Steve Young would never be Steve Young had it not been for the guidance of Bill Walsh. You might even be able to toss in that Young never would have blossomed had he not been forged in the incubator of the Montana-SF era; that he needed that gestation period to fully realize his potential and become the QB he proved to be.

Who knows.

If this is the case, then John Fox might not be the best coach for Tim Tebow. I think the DP worte the article a few days ago, stating that (for tebow to excel) Tim is goign to need a coach/gm/owner to go ALL-IN on him. To believe in him, so he can be free to be who/what he is.

Young inherited a system, an offense that was ready to go by the time he stepped in.

While I feel that Young is the QB I wish for Tebow to become, I just don't see how Tebow develops into that here in DEN (at least not in the SY fashion).

Comment

• Tebow's footwork must improve.

That is all I'll say on the subject.
                  A book I wrote

Comment

• Who cares what a has-been (more like never-was) like Hoge has to say? He is in love with the sound of his own voice...

Comment

• YES! How dare Tebow complete a long pass, make a sweet 3rd down completion and then complete six out of 7 passes. He stinks.

I think Tebow is a betetr runner than Hodge. Take that Meryl Streep!

If you notice MH aint breaking down Newton or Claussen? He knows it's better to be hated than for viewers not to have an opinion. He wants rating (and to keep his jib as an ANALyst). So off he goes to bash the person who sells jersey.

Just another barnacle feeding off the bottom.

Comment

• he had one or two nice plays, but it wasn't overly impressive imo

Comment

• Tebow hasn't changed his motion because that isn't what people have been working on with him. You don't just go a change a QB's throwing motion because that causes more problems. People have been working on his footwork and trying to quicken his throwing motion by making him keep his arm closer to his body. And he has significantly improved his footwork and his throwing motion is a lot quicker than it was in college.

If anything I'm more worried about him patting the ball before he throws it. Hoge is misinformed if he thinks we've been trying to change his throwing motion, and he's stupid if he believes that you can change a QB's throwing motion and make him better. It simply doesn't work, because one it is next to impossible to change it and two it causes more problems which will make the QB worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolcopter View Post
                            he had one or two nice plays, but it wasn't overly impressive imo
                            I agree. Tebow still looks unpolished. That's to be expected for a young qb. That long pass was a thing of beauty. Other than that he looked pretty bad.
                            sigpic

Comment

• There was a lockout. Tebow wasn't able to work with the coaches. One can understand why his development might have slowed down a bit, no?

First they said Tebow would never play a down, start a game, or be a factor... Then, after TT accomplished something in the 1st quarter of his first starter, something only 2 other QBs have ever accompished in the history of the NFL... Well, now we starting harping on something else.

Comment

• I think it's wrong to totally say someone wil NEVER be able to do something. It's wrong. I'm not the biggest Tebow fan myself but saying things like that someone doesn't sit well with ne

Comment

Working...
                                X