No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny, I seem to remember Tebow starting several games last season and many players expressing respect for him at the position.

They must all just be liars...
    When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

• I heard him say the same thing last night about Cam Newton. He said Newton will always have flaws in the accuracy department. He picked out two completions to highlight and pointed out they would have been touchdowns with a "true nfl quarterback".

However, he does love him some Ryan Mallet...
      Denver 34 Oakland 16

Comment

• It's funny 20 years ago Tebow would have been the most celebrated player to ever come to the pros but all of these Mel Kiper types and all of this player analyst have brought way to much attention to throwing mechanics and footwork instead of how the guy wins games.

Comment

• hoge played QB for how long? Hoge was a DE for how long? ohhh yaaaaaa he was a second string rb. nvm. He is the guru.

Iron never lies

Yesterday you said tomorrow.

10 Sacks this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gator Wheel View Post
            I heard him say the same thing last night about Cam Newton. He said Newton will always have flaws in the accuracy department. He picked out two completions to highlight and pointed out they would have been touchdowns with a "true nfl quarterback".

Which is ironic, because if there is a QB that wouldn't be able to fix his issues it would be Mallet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gator Wheel View Post
              I heard him say the same thing last night about Cam Newton. He said Newton will always have flaws in the accuracy department. He picked out two completions to highlight and pointed out they would have been touchdowns with a "true nfl quarterback".

Probably because Mallett was exceptional in his preseason debut. In case you missed it, he went 12/19 for 164 yards and a TD. He had poise in the pocket, his receiver progressions were veteran-esque, and he didnt make a single mistake.

Comment

• Way to early in his career for Hoge to be saying Tim can never fix things. Just trying to get more web hits .
                "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

• Wait a second... hold up Hodge.

50% of passes are thrown under duress??

What a crock of complete horse crap. If that WERE so; say that WAS true... then why are most quarterback completion percentages at or above 60%???

This guy is such a loser, it's hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by soloking View Post
                    It's funny 20 years ago Tebow would have been the most celebrated player to ever come to the pros but all of these Mel Kiper types and all of this player analyst have brought way to much attention to throwing mechanics and footwork instead of how the guy wins games.
                    Sorry, but you are wrong.

Absolutely nothing has changed in the past 20 years as far as what a team looks for in a quarterback. No team wants a quarterback whos skill set is to check his first read, determine if they can make that pass, and if not, tuck it and run. Not one.

Tim Tebow would have been the same thing 20 years ago as he is today; a tight end playing the wrong position. Except I'm guessing 20 years ago, the Parcels and Ditkas of the world would have told him drop the quarterback fantasy and learn to block. You're my new starting TE.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaytal View Post
                      Sorry, but you are wrong.

Absolutely nothing has changed in the past 20 years as far as what a team looks for in a quarterback. No team wants a quarterback whos skill set is to check his first read, determine if they can make that pass, and if not, tuck it and run. Not one.

Tim Tebow would have been the same thing 20 years ago as he is today; a tight end playing the wrong position. Except I'm guessing 20 years ago, the Parcels and Ditkas of the world would have told him drop the quarterback fantasy and learn to block. You're my new starting TE.

+1

I like Tim, but it seems evident to me that he doesn't have what it takes to be an elite QB. I'm not some crazed Orton lover either, but what team wants a 3-4 year "project" QB... The elite QBs in the league are peaking by their 4th years.. not just getting started....
                      Last edited by jaytea11; 08-17-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• I'm honestly not 100% sure why I am chiming in here, except something in the article caught my eye.
                        I have been a talented individual my whole life, and until hitting about 40 could do *anything* I wanted. Anything. Now I have trouble learning new stuff, I admit it, no prob...
                        Timmy is 24? Don't ever tell a talented 24 year old they can't/won't be able to change or grow. That's just ridiculous. It's too late *maybe* around 40, like it was for me; but this dude is going against physiology and/or psychology when he says Tebow will never be able to change. It's not natural.

That's nowhere near a valid argument against a kid who deserves a lot more of a look...just like everybody else at his level.

People given microphones and an audience will say some real dumb stuff.

Comment

• As Gannon more eloquently pointed out, Hoge is in NO position to be critiquing ANY QB play.

Hoge has just realized that he can jockey ride Tebow's coattails for publicity.

Comment

• Lol if Tebow has problems under duress....Wth that say about the Ortonater?

Comment

• Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
                              Way to early in his career for Hoge to be saying Tim can never fix things. Just trying to get more web hits .
                              That's it right there. The story's cooling. They're trying to get more mileage out of it. I think it's a major fail.

Why doesn't Hoge comment on other 3rd team QBs and about how they'll never be starters in the league?

Comment

• Orton is great against the blitz.
                                Last edited by thenewera44; 08-17-2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X