Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
    A lot of people are saying "I don't care if Tebow looks pretty doing it".

Well, ask yourself why pro QBs look good doing things. Mostly it's because of good mechanics. Think of good mechanics like free throws. If you have the same mechanics for a free throw, then you have the same feel every time that you make a free throw. It's the same amount of strength. The same amount of spin. If you have all of that, you can be consistent in your free throws.

It's the exact same for mechanics for a QB. You need to be able to make things repeatable. Your drop has to the be the same. Your delivery has to be the same. Then the lead you try to give your WR will have the exact same feel every time. The loft over the LBs will be have the exact same feel. If you do it right, you won't even have to think about it. But if you swing your off arm down causing more torque in your body some of the time, but not all of the time, then it changes the flight of the ball. You might have a more of a right to left action on the football than you normally have because of that force. That would cause your lead to be off for your receiver. It either causes you to have too much lead, or throw behind your receiver.

Tebow needs to take his game where Steve Young took his game. It's going to take time and it's going to take a lot of hard work. He needs to get started.
    Not to argue with you, but the pretty part is off due to there are some QB's that get it done with throws that aren't pretty. One of which is in our division, and that is Rivers who has an ugly throwing motion, which resembles a shoot put, but he gets it out quick and the ball gets where it needs to be. Farve had a long throwing motion when going down field to the point I think his knuckles were rubbing against the ground to start his wind up. Looking pretty and getting results are two different things and I couldn't care less if someone is doing something pretty as long as there are results.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverJay View Post
      Blah blah blah, Tim can't play at this level, blah blah blah.

By your "logic" a good percentage of very good quarterbacks that have had very successful careers in the NFL should have instead been forced to be tight ends, or running backs, or safeties, or whatever. Your argument is total crap.

How on earth did you extrapolate 'a good percentage of very good quarterbacks' from my comment? I'm dumbfounded.

I said that one quarterback, Tim Tebow, in my eyes, would absolutely lethal at tight end. He would be a smaller, quicker Todd Heap; dominant.

What I dont think he will ever be is a dominant quarterback. He will always be a one trick pony. First read is covered? Tuck it and run. A first round quarterback that is struggling to stay the #2 quarterback in his second year is a pretty sad sight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 53spittake View Post
        I'm honestly not 100% sure why I am chiming in here, except something in the article caught my eye.
        I have been a talented individual my whole life, and until hitting about 40 could do *anything* I wanted. Anything. Now I have trouble learning new stuff, I admit it, no prob...
        Timmy is 24? Don't ever tell a talented 24 year old they can't/won't be able to change or grow. That's just ridiculous. It's too late *maybe* around 40, like it was for me; but this dude is going against physiology and/or psychology when he says Tebow will never be able to change. It's not natural.

That's nowhere near a valid argument against a kid who deserves a lot more of a look...just like everybody else at his level.

People given microphones and an audience will say some real dumb stuff.

Another poster said the same thing, and I couldnt agree more with the both of you.

I've gone my entire life this way. People keep saying I cant do this or that. It really pisses me off in a big way. And it is a HUGE motivator. I was held back in 8th grade, told by teachers I was going to be a garbage man. I decided when I was 17 I wanted to play ice hockey- was told id never be able to play competitively. Dropped out of college because I was smarter than my professors and was told by them and the dean that I do not know what I am doing and got lucky on my tests.

Like tebow i have used it to accomplish what I have wanted and to keep working towards what I have not yet accomplished. So when i was 19 years old I bought my first mansion. yes mansion at 19...I made my highschools varisty hockey team and then went on to play college in my second year ever on ice...not even knowing how to ice skate the year before. Now I run and own my own company and am about to purchase one of my old professors rival companies (I never liked her and now she can enjoy watching me own her business too). I hate it but I love it when people say it. Hate it because its so infuriating but love it because nothing will get me to work harder or succeed better than being told by someone who does or does not know me what my limitations are! Its a big F U....And I take it personally!! I know tebow does too.

NEVER PUT A LIMITATION ON SOMEONE YOU WILL ALWAYS FAIL!
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• I am not a old washed up football jock who is struggling to keep my job at ESPN so I know nothing about football BUT when Tebow comes in, he usually makes something happen and adds a bit more excitement to the game. That is why I love it when he comes in. All these talking heads speak of footwork, throwing motion, etc but Tebow is exciting and I believe a winner!
          I can tell by the way he speaks, Hoge needs this job because gas stations quit hireing "pump jocks" now days so I don't blame him for trying to keep his name in front of the public.
          I think next season Denver will have Andrew Luck as their QB and Tebow and Orton will both be with other teams anyway.
          Tebow needs another team. He needs to go somewhere that will build their offense around his skill set. Denver will never do that because their head coach is a defensive minded coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
            Not to argue with you, but the pretty part is off due to there are some QB's that get it done with throws that aren't pretty. One of which is in our division, and that is Rivers who has an ugly throwing motion, which resembles a shoot put, but he gets it out quick and the ball gets where it needs to be. Farve had a long throwing motion when going down field to the point I think his knuckles were rubbing against the ground to start his wind up. Looking pretty and getting results are two different things and I couldn't care less if someone is doing something pretty as long as there are results.
            Let me ask you this one thing. Does Tebow look anything like Rivers when he throws the football?

And Phillip Rivers' throwing motion isn't anything like it was at NC State. See?

That's ugly.

Not as ugly. See how much higher the release point is? And Rivers has a really quick release too.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
              As Gannon more eloquently pointed out, Hoge is in NO position to be critiquing ANY QB play.

Hoge has just realized that he can jockey ride Tebow's coattails for publicity.
              How many Tebow supporters would be saying this if Hoge thought Tebow was the next John Elway? My guess is, not too many.

I want Tebow to succeed but I don't discount the possibility that he just might not be good enough for the NFL.

If he is good enough for the NFL, I think his ceiling is way higher than Orton's but I don't want the Broncos to find out at the expense of throwing away an entire season.
              You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by phaytal View Post
                Tim Tebow would have been the same thing 20 years ago as he is today; a tight end playing the wrong position. Except I'm guessing 20 years ago, the Parcels and Ditkas of the world would have told him drop the quarterback fantasy and learn to block. You're my new starting TE.
                I finally found the secret to dominate college football. Just turn your TE into the starting QB. You just put a TE to play QB and he will win the Heisman, help you win a national championship and have the best passer rating in SEC history. That's it. Why waste your time and lose games with a lanky nerd throwing the ball? Let your athletic TE take snaps from the shotgun and he will produce 145 TDs for you.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  How many Tebow supporters would be saying this if Hoge thought Tebow was the next John Elway? My guess is, not too many.

I want Tebow to succeed but I don't discount the possibility that he just might not be good enough for the NFL.

If he is good enough for the NFL, I think his ceiling is way higher than Orton's but I don't want the Broncos to find out at the expense of throwing away an entire season.
                  It is human nature to like people that agree with us. That said if Hoge said Tebow was definitely going to be the next Elway - I would tell him to put down the crack pipe. Way too early to know whether Tebow will get it done in the NFL or not. If they start Tebow this year and he shows promise - I would not characterize that as a wasted season. If he was a total bust then yes - it was wasted. I have said many times I don't see Orton here after this season. We shall see. I'm good with whatever they do because it will be fun to watch.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Appearently Elway working with Tebow 1 on 1 after practice.

Just heard this on some online radio show. 102. Something. I'm in NC

Comment

• Superbowl!

Iron never lies

Yesterday you said tomorrow.

10 Sacks this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoNation818 View Post
                        hoge played QB for how long? Hoge was a DE for how long? ohhh yaaaaaa he was a second string rb. nvm. He is the guru.
                        Refresh my memory.

Which NFL team did YOU play QB for?

Yeah, I thought so.

How about RB?

LB?

Kicker?

"That's a crap question."
                        - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Yeah this was brought up yesterday. It's very encouraging.
                          Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
                          You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                            I finally found the secret to dominate college football. Just turn your TE into the starting QB. You just put a TE to play QB and he will win the Heisman, help you win a national championship and have the best passer rating in SEC history. That's it. Why waste your time and lose games with a lanky nerd throwing the ball? Let your athletic TE take snaps from the shotgun and he will produce 145 TDs for you.
                            You are so wrong. It was the system he was in and the team around him. Anyone could have done what he did. Surprised you didn't know that.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                              You are so wrong. It was the system he was in and the team around him. Anyone could have done what he did. Surprised you didn't know that.

Urban Meyer ruined Aaron Hernandez, forcing him to play TE when he could have been one of the greatest players in college football history with 88 passing TDs and the highest QB rating in the SEC. That's cold.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                                No.

The secret is to almost totally stock your team with NFL-caliber talent at every position.

In the past 2 drafts - including Tebow - SIXTEEN GATORS were taken. That's almost an entire NFL starting Offense AND Defense.

No wonder Timmy looked so good...
                                "That's a crap question."
                                - Kyle Orton

Comment

Working...
                                X