Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zoneblock249 View Post
    Just heard this on some online radio show. 102. Something. I'm in NC
    Yeah, it sounds like he worked with him after practice on Monday. I'm not sure if he's doing it everyday, though.
    RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
    :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
      Refresh my memory.

Which NFL team did YOU play QB for?

Yeah, I thought so.

How about RB?

LB?

Kicker?

Ehhh...you sort of have a point. But how many NFL teams did Bill Bellichick play for? But he can scout and analyze like no one's business.

Honestly, I don't like the whole ex-NFL player as an analyst thing. Most football players are stupid and stubborn. That's a fact. That's why the smart ones get so much praise. Think about it.

The stubbornness is a good thing on the football field. But not in the analyst role if you go in with a preconceived idea of what you're going to see. Then you go from analysis to defending your preconceived idea.

I think that's what's happened in this case with Merrill Hoge. I think some ex-NFL players can do it and do it well. But some are just awful.

I like it better when you get ex-NFL coaches in there. I love listening to those guys. And most of those guys think Tebow could possibly be something. Those guys are level-headed. Yet, a lot of times you get ex-players trying to defend their buddies.
      Last edited by Crazy8; 08-17-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

No.

The secret is to almost totally stock your team with NFL-caliber talent at every position.

In the past 2 drafts - including Tebow - SIXTEEN GATORS were taken. That's almost an entire NFL starting Offense AND Defense.

No wonder Timmy looked so good...
        It sure didn't hurt.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
          Let me ask you this one thing. Does Tebow look anything like Rivers when he throws the football?

And Phillip Rivers' throwing motion isn't anything like it was at NC State. See?

That's ugly.

A lot of that depends on the situation of the throw, but your right that first throw is ugly LOL! Is anyone sure he didn't pop his elbow out on that one? Tebows biggest problem isn't just his throw, he won't or can't read the second drop, after that first read, if it's covered, he starts to run to the left. Having a shorter, quicker, throw gives a QB time to see if the second guy is open, but what's the point if your already running past the LOS. I think Tebow will fix this eventually, myself I'm tired of drafting QBs and if they don't perform in a perfect west coast style out the gate they get traded. I get that the West coast style offense wins a lot of games, heck it won us two SBs. I just think some QBs need more time to fit that than 1 year, Tebow obviously needs more time, so we give it to him and win with the guy who fits the team best this year.
          P.S. I would love to sit the bench on the Broncos side and get paid $9 mill for holding a clipboard, that would rule!
          sigpic
          I Adopt #77 well damn!
          Milla Da QB Killa' #77
          Fox Rocks #77

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            I finally found the secret to dominate college football. Just turn your TE into the starting QB. You just put a TE to play QB and he will win the Heisman, help you win a national championship and have the best passer rating in SEC history. That's it. Why waste your time and lose games with a lanky nerd throwing the ball? Let your athletic TE take snaps from the shotgun and he will produce 145 TDs for you.
            What he wont do though is be able to beat out a scrub to start in the NFL. Time to move him back to tight end.

Comment

No.

The secret is to almost totally stock your team with NFL-caliber talent at every position.

In the past 2 drafts - including Tebow - SIXTEEN GATORS were taken. That's almost an entire NFL starting Offense AND Defense.

he did have some great players around him but if you look just at the number of times he was sacked each season you could argue that his Offensive line got progressivley worse but he was still very effective

2007 sacked 13 times
              2008 sacked 15 times
              2009 sacked 27 times

Hoge may end up being right but most players get the benefit of the doubt until they prove they dont deserve it, it would be nice if Tebow was given the same courtesy.

Comment

No.

Oh yea. And when Tebow left, Florida still had the same RBs (Jeff Demps, Chris Rainey), Mike Pouncey, Marcus Gilbert and Maurice Hurt on the OL, a "real" QB in John Brantley and Deonte Thompson, a happy WR that would finally play with a "real" QB and make more plays. If the TE became one of the greatest QBs in college history, the "real" pro-style QB should have become the GOAT. But something went wrong.
                sigpic

Comment

No.

Yep he had absolutely no part of their success, they carried Tebow. Except I can't figure out that Heisman season where other than Percy Harvin and Louis Murphy the rest were players that went undrafted and haven't been starters in the NFL, I guess it was a fluke.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Merril Hoge is the same person who said that Alex Smith was 1,000 times better than Aaron Rodgers coming out of college.

Yeah....that tells us all we need to know about whether to listen to this guy or take what he says with a grain of salt.

Cecil Lammey, a sports reporter, interviewed a 20 years professonal NFL scout yesterday. He gave an unbiased opinion:

Tim Tebow will be a good quarterback, but he's not ready right now.

This scout is the same guy who got Joe Montana and Steve Young to the 49ers IIRC. Wish I remembered his name.

Anyways, don't listen to Hoge. He's basing his "analysis" on youtube lowlights of Tim Tebow.

Plus, his name is a little ****-ish

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

• This is/was the first sign that our FO has faith in Superman......I mean Tim Tebow
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by soloking View Post
                        It's funny 20 years ago Tebow would have been the most celebrated player to ever come to the pros but all of these Mel Kiper types and all of this player analyst have brought way to much attention to throwing mechanics and footwork instead of how the guy wins games.
                        20 years ago his name would have been Steve Young...

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                          This is/was the first sign that our FO has faith in Superman......I mean Tim Tebow
                          I'm a Tebow fan and I hate to be a glass half empty kinda guy but I don't know that I read it that way.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I can't argue facts so I attack the person rather than the argument...

That's a sign.
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinjax View Post
                              he did have some great players around him but if you look just at the number of times he was sacked each season you could argue that his Offensive line got progressivley worse but he was still very effective

2007 sacked 13 times
                              2008 sacked 15 times
                              2009 sacked 27 times

Hoge may end up being right but most players get the benefit of the doubt until they prove they dont deserve it, it would be nice if Tebow was given the same courtesy.
                              I beg to differ. 4 of Tebow's offensive linemen from the 2009 season are currently playing in the NFL. He had a spectacular line for his entire career at UF.

It wasnt the line that got worse, it was Tebow. He didnt have Percy Harvin to bail him out with circus catches anymore, so he was reluctant to just throw it up for grabs. Thats why he took more sacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                                I'm a Tebow fan and I hate to be a glass half empty kinda guy but I don't know that I read it that way.
                                I'm sure that Elway wouldn't waste his busy and valuable time, if he didn't see something in him
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X