No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Elway is kicking the tires on what he has. IMO he wants to see if Tebow can take instruction and improve. I'm pretty sure he will stay involved with all of the QBs as there is a lot at stake with next years QB draft class.
    sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
      Cory, you've got to have some of the most interesting posts on this board. And that's why I love having discussions with you.

How does it smell like desperation? It's not really a desperate situation. I can think of 2 "worst case scenarios" when it comes to Tebow. Worst case scenario 1 is that Tebow's not the guy, we draft a new QB or sign Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn to an extension. Worst case scenario 2 is that Tebow is the guy, but he needs more time and we sign Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn to an extension.

Either way, Tebow's not starting this year. Either way, the Broncos still have Brady Quinn and Kyle Orton. I guess I just don't understand where the desperation comes in.

So I'm more inclined to believe Elway wants to help the kid out. And Tebow needs all of the help he can get.
      My first thought was why? Why would Elway be working with Tebow? Honestly it could be for a lot of different reasons but one of the first things that came to mind was to give the coaching staff cover. The FO knows how popular Tebow is and if they are getting negative vibes from the coaches how would they handle it. If Elway says not going to happen it would be much easier to deal with than Fox telling the Bronco nation that. Pure conjecture and speculation but I would view this as a worse case scenario for Tim. I sure hope this is 180 degree from what is happening but it did cross my mind and I'm being honest.

My hope is he just went out to check on him after seeing him working out alone or is just indeed trying to help. I hate even typing this - don't let my wife see it!
      sigpic

Comment

• I just see it as Tebow getting some extra coaching.... They were ready to make him the starter by putting Orton up for trade. I think they have confidence in him, but they won't start him as long as Orton is here and looking good which I'm fine with. Besides, that's also probably a fun thing to do for Elway. He likely doesn't get to do much on the field anymore, so coaching a young QB is probably a fun side thing to do for him.

Comment

• I see it as the same way Rod Smith helped Brandon Marshall on his technique.

Comment

• Well apparently after considering all the negative comments Hoge had for Cam Newton and Hoge's opinion Cam would never make it in the NFL - Carolina has moved Cam up to starter.
            sigpic

Comment

• This is partly why I wanted Elway in the FO - he would recognize and perhaps take a young QB talent under his wing.

I don't think this would be regular work between Elway and Tebow, but perhaps occasional.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaytal View Post
                Nice try, but you are very, very wrong.

In 2007, Jim Tartt, Maurkice Pouncey and Michael Pouncey were considered the best interior core in the nation. In fact, Michael Pouncey was such an athletic offensive linemen, he was asked to switch to DT late in the 2007 season to help fill a void.

Lets not forget Jason Watkins who anchored the right side of the line, and All SEC tackle Phil Trautwein.

The Pouncey brother and Watkins, and Trautwein are all currently starters in the NFL, and Tartt would have had a great NFL career except he suffered a career ending injury.

Maybe you should do some Googling before you embarrass yourself with made up 'facts'.

Wrong in 07 Tebows starting online was
                Carl johnsom-jim tartt-drew miller-carlton medder-jason Watkins

The projected starter at LT was trautwein but he missed the season with a stress fracture, drew miller was the starting center and earned all SEC mention, the pouncey brothers did not start on the line, and Watkins went to the UFL then signed a contract with the bills practice squad
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• There was another thread on this topic. It got closed because it became a mess.

Let's keep this one open, okay?

I think it's very encouraging that Elway spent some time with Tebow.
                  Administrator
                  sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    There was another thread on this topic. It got closed because it became a mess.

Let's keep this one open, okay?

I think it's very encouraging that Elway spent some time with Tebow.
                    I thought this thread was pretty mild by comparison. Do you see an issue or are you just making a preemptive strike?
                    sigpic

Comment

• I could be wrong but didnt Elway say in the press conference when he was hired that he would be involved and helping the QBs?

If you have one of the best to play the game in the front office it seems like it would make sense to use him. I used to be a trainer for my company but switched to a position I wouldnt have to deal with people but they still try to get me to train

Comment

• Sirius NFL

I listen to the NFL channel all the time and Xanders and Elway were interviewed when they were at Bronco's training camp. Xanders said that EFX splits the responsibilities for evaluations and Elway is responsible for looking for QB talent in the sup draft and free agency. This would also be a reason he is helping Tebow due to the talent he sees that needs to be developed.

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                          Wrong in 07 Tebows starting online was
                          Carl johnsom-jim tartt-drew miller-carlton medder-jason Watkins

The projected starter at LT was trautwein but he missed the season with a stress fracture, drew miller was the starting center and earned all SEC mention, the pouncey brothers did not start on the line, and Watkins went to the UFL then signed a contract with the bills practice squad
                          Wrong again.

Maurkice Pouncey became the first Gator in over a decade and a half to start on opening day on the offensive line as a true freshman. His brother Mike started the season at offensive lineman but moved to DT to fill voids.

Drew Miller signed with Jacksonville as an UFA.

Comment

• Tebow compared to a HOF? I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaytal View Post
                              Wrong again.

Maurkice Pouncey became the first Gator in over a decade and a half to start on opening day on the offensive line as a true freshman. His brother Mike started the season at offensive lineman but moved to DT to fill voids.

Drew Miller signed with Jacksonville as an UFA.
                              you are right except the Pouncey brothers were freshmen in 2008 not 2007

Comment

• Nearly 3 TD's and nearly 300 yards average in his first 3 starts as a rookie. And Tebow is supposed to be handicapped? LMAO at the haters

Comment

Working...
                                X