• Originally posted by stuckinjax View Post
    you are right except the Pouncey brothers were freshmen in 2008 not 2007
    You cant be serious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurkice_Pouncey
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pouncey

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagsbch View Post
      Tebow compared to a HOF? I love it.
      It's the situation they are comparing. And hall of fame players weren't always hall of fame players.
      Decimating the competition, leaving in the wake a blind ambition.

elecshoc
      You will be for ever known as the truth see-er

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagsbch View Post
        Tebow compared to a HOF? I love it.
        he was compared with Young at the beginning of his career ...basically a case for giving him a shot

You know and I know that he will be a HOFer one day but lets not get ahead of ourselves!

Comment

• They were a year behind Tebow ..1 came out with Tebow after his junior year and the other stayed at Florida and was moved to center and was not very good at it at all

I followed the link and I see what you are talking about but with those numbers that would mean Mike was in college for 5 years and he wasnt redshirted
          Last edited by stuckinjax; 08-17-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
            No.

The secret is to almost totally stock your team with NFL-caliber talent at every position.

In the past 2 drafts - including Tebow - SIXTEEN GATORS were taken. That's almost an entire NFL starting Offense AND Defense.

No wonder Timmy looked so good...
            I am sorry but success in college doesn't translate into the NFL Hoge and lots of other analyst say it . And so do many posters on here so it must be true.

So Tim's college team was not full of NFL players it was full of college players that didn't become NFL players until they got to the NFL.
            People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
              I thought this thread was pretty mild by comparison. Do you see an issue or are you just making a preemptive strike?
              I didn't say there was anything wrong with this thread. It was just a friendly ( <---see?) reminder to keep it on topic.

It's a good subject. I would hate to see it end up like the other one.
              Administrator
              sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                One of the key points of the Steve Young comparison is to learn a lesson from history, and AVOID that period where people fail to realize his potential. It cost Young years of his career, but it didn't need to. He wasn't properly developed until Walsh got a hold of him.
                That is exactly how I feel. Tebow is not Steve Young and hasn't earned that yet, but he does have the potential to have a Steve Young like career.

Anyone who thinks that Tebow supporters are nut jobs for even mentioning Steve Young and Tebow in the same sentence:

1. Here is ESPN doing at 17 for Tebow (ESPN Chosen One)

Advance to 1:15

2. Jon Gruden Quarterback Camp

Advance to 0:42

Plus Tebow is left-handed, runs, and needs to develop his accuracy, just like Michael Vick and Steve Young did.

Tebow really blossomed in his second year in high school and college, he won a state championship and national championship in his third year.

If there is a pattern, I was hoping for a 9 and 7 or 10 and 6 this season in his second year in the NFL with him starting, then a deep playoff in his third year in the NFL. Super Bowl by year range 3 to 5.

It kills me to think he might sit this year, I think Broncos fans are missing out. The lock out hurt Tebow.

I would suggest to anyone, watch these videos carefully, Tebow is special. This gets my adrenaline going watching them.

He does put out a lot of good tape and exciting football.

Champ Bailey said this about Tebow, "Winners win, and Tebow is a winner" I couldn't agree more.
                Last edited by mdkTebow; 08-17-2011, 02:32 PM.
                On Tebow: After a dismal 1-4 start to this season. "I've never seen a human who can will himself to win like that"
                Von Miller 11.27.2011

“Tebow is a special kind of a player; I’ve never seen a player like him in my whole career”
                Champ Bailey said on “NFL Total Access”

"As a math guy, I would say that Tebow has a high trajectory by linear extrapolation, don't you think?"

Comment

he was compared with Young at the beginning of his career ...basically a case for giving him a shot

You know and I know that he will be a HOFer one day but lets not get ahead of ourselves!
                  Folks around here ought not be worried about getting ahead of ourselves, as much as being left behind where we ought to be. Get Tebow off the pine and let him shine.

Comment

• s
                    Originally posted by phaytal View Post
                    Wrong again.

Maurkice Pouncey became the first Gator in over a decade and a half to start on opening day on the offensive line as a true freshman. His brother Mike started the season at offensive lineman but moved to DT to fill voids.

Drew Miller signed with Jacksonville as an UFA.
                    You are correct medder and Watkins bumped over to RT and LT respectively, but you were completely wrong in you're first post. Drew miller signed as an UDFA then was waived and signed by St louis
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                      I didn't say there was anything wrong with this thread. It was just a friendly ( <---see?) reminder to keep it on topic.

It's a good subject. I would hate to see it end up like the other one.
                      Thanks. I am amazed you guys stay sane dealing with this stuff.
                      sigpic

Comment

They were a year behind Tebow ..1 came out with Tebow after his junior year and the other stayed at Florida and was moved to center and was not very good at it at all
                        Yes, they were a year behind Tebow. They were freshman when Tebow was a sophomore, which was his Heisman season.

And did you just say that first round draft selection, #15 overall, Mike Pouncey was not every good at center?!? He was the second offensive lineman taken in the entire draft and the best center in college football by a huge margin.

What are you people smoking?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by phaytal View Post
                          Yes, they were a year behind Tebow. They were freshman when Tebow was a sophomore, which was his Heisman season.

And did you just say that first round draft selection, #15 overall, Mike Pouncey was not every good at center?!? He was the second offensive lineman taken in the entire draft and the best center in college football by a huge margin.

What are you people smoking?!?
                          She was talking about the second one that stayed for his senior year.
                          You Mad Bro?

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            Starting QB's don't need private tutoring lessons after practice from QB's that retired almost 15 years ago.
                            Really? I guess that's just your bias.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp5172

As for "any" QB that has retired TEN years ago, maybe...but this is the GOAT. And if you didn't hear, Shanny tried to get Cutler to listen to Elway, too. Cutler was just one of those guys that was distracted by the tube and didn't care.

Video thanks to bcole:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M1Y-b2ukZs
                            Last edited by TT15Superman; 08-17-2011, 02:37 PM.
                            "There's only one person carrying the ball right here."
                            -Tim Tebow, 12/26/10, game winning drive

XV knows touchdowns.

Comment

• You see how long it took Vick to become an accurate pocket passer. And going by stats (since i didnt see him play until his last years in the NFL) it took Steve young awhile to become something also. Its gonna take awhile for tebow to become good.

Comment

• Originally posted by getlynched47
                                You can't be taken seriously if you're using wikipedia. YOU are the one that's wrong. Let's work backwards, shall we?

Mike Pouncey was drafted in 2011 as a senior. Which means in 2010 he was a junior. Which means in 2009 he was a sophomore. Which means in 2008 he was a freshman. :doh:

Maurkice Pouncey was drafted in 2010 as a junior. Which means in 2009 he was a sophomore. Which means in 2008 he was a freshman :doh:

EPIC FAIL
                                This is getting pathetic.

http://www.fanbase.com/Florida-Gator...ll-2007/roster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Fl..._football_team

Comment

Working...
                                X