Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phaytal View Post
    Yes, they were a year behind Tebow. They were freshman when Tebow was a sophomore, which was his Heisman season.

And did you just say that first round draft selection, #15 overall, Mike Pouncey was not every good at center?!? He was the second offensive lineman taken in the entire draft and the best center in college football by a huge margin.

What are you people smoking?!?
    Did you watch Florida last year? I was there for most of the games and it was depressing, under center Brantley had trouble ..ok that could be Brantley but in shotgun the ball went everywhere but to Brantley ..Meyer was questioned after every game about his troubles as center. I was shocked that Miami drafted him as center and didnt move him back to his origial position where he did excel

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      She was talking about the second one that stayed for his senior year.
      That was Mike.

Perhaps she was confusing him with his brother Maurkice, who was also a first round draft selection at #18 overall for the center position.

Comment

• I am not sure why anyone can really think that Elway helping out Tim is spelling doom.

Let's see, Elway's a HoF QB, successful business man, graduate of Stanford and probably still very driven in his life. Don't you think Elway can how his situation might relate to Tim at all? People who go through their walks of life tend to listen and care more for others that have gone through similar situations. I am sure many here are the same way because it has a natural way of bringing us closer to being human.

As I have stated before, Elway is still a guy in love with football and wants to win. You think he wants to cast Tim aside believing and believe he has all the answers to what should be done? We had that guy and look where the team is now because of it.

Deep down inside, Elway would love to win with Tim. It would be icing on the cake for his legacy, not hinder it as so many people claim with their own disdain. Not only that it would be a nice slap in the face of doubters and Elway can send them all a nice big turdburger.

No doubt about it, Elway sees some of himself in Tim and because of it, that burning passion he had while wearing 7 on his back is probably starting to rekindle once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Houdini View Post
          I am not sure why anyone can really think that Elway helping out Tim is spelling doom.

Let's see, Elway's a HoF QB, successful business man, graduate of Stanford and probably still very driven in his life. Don't you think Elway can how his situation might relate to Tim at all? People who go through their walks of life tend to listen and care more for others that have gone through similar situations. I am sure many here are the same way because it has a natural way of bringing us closer to being human.

As I have stated before, Elway is still a guy in love with football and wants to win. You think he wants to cast Tim aside believing and believe he has all the answers to what should be done? We had that guy and look where the team is now because of it.

Deep down inside, Elway would love to win with Tim. It would be icing on the cake for his legacy, not hinder it as so many people claim with their own disdain. Not only that it would be a nice slap in the face of doubters and Elway can send them all a nice big turdburger.
          No doubt about it, Elway sees some of himself in Tim and because of it, that burning passion he had while wearing 7 on his back is probably starting to rekindle once again.
          this part is something I hadnt thought of but is a good point. If Tim succeeds then Elway is the guy that made Tim into an NFL QB. And Elway loves a challenge

Comment

• I'm sure someone has probably posted this link before, but it seems appropriate here. It details the work he did to improve his motion. Then the second link is the highlights of the game against dallas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AsbCFNauAw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ijOXRpnFTM

I'm not sure what to think. In the long completion, he looks like he is still bringing the ball down more than he should to get that pass off, but the ball certainly does look like it leaves his hand quicker than it used to a year ago. Then, on the other two passes that made the highlights, he didn't bring the ball down at all.

I guess in my unprofessional opinion, it sure seems like he looks better than when he first came out, but he also has a long way to go until he is an elite QB in the nfl To me, that implies that he is simply a young player that needs to continue to improve and the big question is whether we will give him enough time to do so.

If Tebow is a 3rd round draft pick, which is where you might expect a high-ceiling project QB to be drafted, this slow development is probably a non-issue. But the problem is that we wasted a 1st round pick on him, so now we expect a quick turn around of our investment, which may not be an appropriate expectation with a project QB.

Comment

• The case for Tebow sounds good if you don't have a hall of fame quarterback who is now your VP of Football Operations who has said that a quarterback must be able to throw from the pocket to lead a team to a championship.

Unfortunately for Tebow, the Broncos have one of those.

Fortunately for Tebow, it's a good sign that the Broncos were willing to trade Orton thereby essentially indicating that they were willing to hand him the starting job. It means that they haven't given up on him.

If the Broncos have a winning season or at least miss out on the chance to draft one of the top quarterback prospects next year, Tebow will get his shot next season.
              You Mad Bro?

Comment

• IF you were to make Tebow the starter now, you dont want your "starting QB" working with the second team during preseason games...(injuries and what not)...and you're also going to screw him out of valuable "learning" time.

With Kyle, you know what you're going to get. He'll either be slightly better or slightly worse than his last 2 years. He wont be a top 5 qb no matter what, but he wont be below average either. So him not getting too many reps in the preseason is not that big of a deal. He is an experienced vet, so labeling him as the starter right now is the smart thing to do.

Tebow however, needs the reps, so labeling him as the #2 guy is only going to give him for experience for the season, which he very much so needs.

I think, no doubt about it, that EFX is going to give Tebow his fair chance at being a starter and whether its now or later, he'll end up getting an entire season to show what he has IMO.

I think week 1, Tebow will be the starter.

Comment

• Maybe just Maybe

John is living up to what he said about Tebow.

Tim is a great football player, it is up to us, to make him a great QB. or close to that.
                  People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

That was Mike.

Perhaps she was confusing him with his brother Maurkice, who was also a first round draft selection at #18 overall for the center position.

No you confused what she was saying, just like you confused practice squad players for starters
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinjax View Post
                      Did you watch Florida last year? I was there for most of the games and it was depressing, under center Brantley had trouble ..ok that could be Brantley but in shotgun the ball went everywhere but to Brantley ..Meyer was questioned after every game about his troubles as center. I was shocked that Miami drafted him as center and didnt move him back to his origial position where he did excel
                      Yes I watched Florida last year. I am a UF Alum. I watch them every year. Pouncey was by far the best center in all of college football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nimrod View Post
                        Thanks. I am amazed you guys stay sane dealing with this stuff.
                        Sane?

SANE??

YOU TALKING TO US?!?

You guys are great and it's fun (most of the time).

I would really like to see Elway work with all the QBs. The wisdom that he can pass on to them.
                        Administrator
                        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Houdini View Post
                          Eww.

Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                          sigpic

Comment

• I'm sure that Jack's only QB coach was John. Unfortunately, Jack didn't have the same passion/skill in football that his father did. (Few sons do...minus Griffey and Bonds)

I'm fine with Tebow getting lessons from John. Can't hurt. And how could ANY QB reject some lesson time with the GOAT? Only idiot and egotistical ones would.
                            "There's only one person carrying the ball right here."
                            -Tim Tebow, 12/26/10, game winning drive

XV knows touchdowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                              You see how long it took Vick to become an accurate pocket passer. And going by stats (since i didnt see him play until his last years in the NFL) it took Steve young awhile to become something also. Its gonna take awhile for tebow to become good.
                              Agreed, his learning curve will be much faster if he starts plain and simple. He has a very high ceiling.
                              On Tebow: After a dismal 1-4 start to this season. "I've never seen a human who can will himself to win like that"
                              Von Miller 11.27.2011

“Tebow is a special kind of a player; I’ve never seen a player like him in my whole career”
                              Champ Bailey said on “NFL Total Access”

"As a math guy, I would say that Tebow has a high trajectory by linear extrapolation, don't you think?"

Comment

That was Mike.

I know that Maurkice was Tebows center and awesome but when he entered the draft early they moved his brother to center and he was awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X