Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Desperation is a strong term, and one I rescind. I'll change my opinion to:

Starting QB's don't need private tutoring lessons after practice from QB's that retired almost 15 years ago.

Its obvious that they still wanna see what he can do. I doubt John would waste his time.
    You don't think that starting QB's work with the staff to improve?

Just because it's not in public doesn't mean it doesn't happen

Orton could use some "private tutoring" on being clutch. Maybe John's just spending more time with the QB he thinks is worth his time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
      This is, I think, the cause of much Tebow anxiety. The sense that it's slipping away and the new regime will draft a quarterback.

It went from circumstances where he'd get thrown out there to learn on the job, to the possibility that he'll be a journeyman for years.

It has happened a lot, and it has happened to good quarterbacks like Rich Gannon.

It's not unusual for any team or fanbase to want to find out how the backup quarterbacks will play. It happens every time there is an early round pick or interesting player.
      Yeah, your right, and I feel that anxiety as well. I have the fear that we will lose him as well before we ever have the chance to see him truly play. I think he will be great once a team goes all in on him and lets him play, even with his flaws, because you have to see the complete package, not just his mechanics. Elway had a 79 career QB rating. Its not good, but he was legendary. Stats mean something of course, but there is no individual stat for being a champion and playing your heart out when it matters. That stat is under the Wins column, and elway had a lot of those. I think Tebow will be the same. I sure hope it is for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by catsigater View Post
        Peyton Manning has some of the happiest feet in the NFL. Not that he's looking to run, but you can watch innumerable shots of him chopping his feet. Been doing it since his days at TN.
        Chopping your feet is different from happy feet. Chopping your feet is controlled and enables you to stay light on your toes so you can move your front foot to the different reads. If you do that with feet that aren't moving it's harder. Chopping your feet is very controlled and doesn't screw with your accuracy. Look at #9 for Peyton Top 10.

These are kids doing it, but you get the idea.

See how controlled it is? And you're always in the proper position to throw. I think some of these kids aren't balanced and are taking too big of steps, but that's just me. The chopping of the feet is good though.

Happy feet is the opposite. It's not controlled. And you're not always in the proper throwing position. It has nothing to do with the reads or movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by ohiotebow View Post
          Like I said, no logical reason.

You going to tell me next that Tim Tebow doesn't really wear #15?
          lol again you have on hate blinders EFX does not so you could never see what they see because you dont want to.
          "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83 :logo: :smug:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
            But my point is this, and it's hard say it clearly -- when Tebow makes his "one or two reads and takes off," he's usually RIGHT that the first or second wasn't there. So all he's got to do is, with time and experience, learn to reset and look for something cheaper and shorter, or on the other side of the field. It seems like the least of my concerns, but to his critics it's the NUMBER ONE thing.

Contrast with Mark Sanchez -- I have seen a serious and persistent problem with that guy NOT being able to pull the trigger down the field. He learned how to dump off and he does that way too much. At times, I have had the same problem with Brady Quinn.

I worry about a young QB who can't "silence the fear" and pull the trigger on a downfield throw.

And Tebow does that -- when I see him tuck or look tentative, I usually agree that the downfield throw wasn't there. He seems to have the guts and accuracy to make that throw when it's there. (I'm not just talking about bombs, but good 20 yard throws).

So he's got that promise. I think learning to dump off instead of run is not a problem. I'd be more worried if people could show me "Look, he tucked and ran and there was a receiver open down the field, i.e. the primary or secondary was open and he wouldn't throw it."

That's all I'm saying -- he's an odd combination of pluses. And the things he lacks seem fixable with experience.
            Oh, I completely agree with you. Good post! All of this is fixable.

I think where you get some people kind of wary about that is that a lot of the "fixable" things are basic things. The snap. Making more than 2 reads. The release. These are things that high school kids know and do. So it's tough for some fans to stomach that a former 1st round pick still needs to learn this stuff. I get that.

But at the end of the day, Tebow wasn't drafted for his mechanics. He was drafted for his results on the field.

I always say I'd rather go agaisnt Orton than Tebow, because you know with Orton, you can sit back, get your depth in your drop, read the offensive routes, and be good. With Tebow, if you get your depth, he's gonna take off on you, and now you've got a 245 lb RB coming at you with a head of steam. That's not fun.

But here's what needs to be done with Tebow and what CAN be done, and why I'm so excited about Tebow. If we can get it to the point where defenders have to get that depth in their drop, and even if they do everything perfect, he can still take off and pick up a first down. Then you get a guy to spy Tebow, well, that's one less guy in coverage, and he's going to pick you apart. Then you mush-rush Tebow. Well, he's just as comfortable in the pocket as he is running the ball, so now you just gave him more time to work with, he's going to pick you apart. So, you all out blitz him. He steps up in the pocket and takes off with a lot of field in front of him.

Tebow's got the potential to make a defense wrong no matter what they do. That's why he was drafted in the 1st round. He just needs to realize that potential. I'm a little frustrated with him because it seems to me that he took one step back instead of a step forward. But, sometimes you have to take that step back to move forward 3 steps. Hopefully all we're waiting on is those 3 steps forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Houdini View Post
              I am not sure why anyone can really think that Elway helping out Tim is spelling doom.

Let's see, Elway's a HoF QB, successful business man, graduate of Stanford and probably still very driven in his life. Don't you think Elway can how his situation might relate to Tim at all? People who go through their walks of life tend to listen and care more for others that have gone through similar situations. I am sure many here are the same way because it has a natural way of bringing us closer to being human.

As I have stated before, Elway is still a guy in love with football and wants to win. You think he wants to cast Tim aside believing and believe he has all the answers to what should be done? We had that guy and look where the team is now because of it.

Deep down inside, Elway would love to win with Tim. It would be icing on the cake for his legacy, not hinder it as so many people claim with their own disdain. Not only that it would be a nice slap in the face of doubters and Elway can send them all a nice big turdburger.

No doubt about it, Elway sees some of himself in Tim and because of it, that burning passion he had while wearing 7 on his back is probably starting to rekindle once again.
              This thread is evidence of how crazy we have gotten in Denver!

Elway is a 2 Tim Super Bowl winner, HOF, and arguable the best to ever play the Position. I think Elway feeds on challenge and adversity, and Tebow is challenge and adversity..... but also a guy who listens, has a great work ethic, seems clear of distractions- Elways must be dying to get of the phone, away from the desk and work with a guy like Tebow.

I think Elway working with Tebow is nothing more than wanting to get back as close to the game as possible.

I say we don't make this more complicated than it is......
              A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
                Chopping your feet is different from happy feet. Chopping your feet is controlled and enables you to stay light on your toes so you can move your front foot to the different reads. If you do that with feet that aren't moving it's harder. Chopping your feet is very controlled and doesn't screw with your accuracy. Look at #9 for Peyton Top 10.

These are kids doing it, but you get the idea.

See how controlled it is? And you're always in the proper position to throw. I think some of these kids aren't balanced and are taking too big of steps, but that's just me. The chopping of the feet is good though.

Happy feet is the opposite. It's not controlled. And you're not always in the proper throwing position. It has nothing to do with the reads or movement.
                Didn't say he was out of control, or that his chopping motion wasn't good. The point was, there's good "happy feet" and bad "happy feet." Peyton's chopping motion, which is what I called it, is fine. To my knowledge, no one's ever asked him to change that. My apologies for not being clear and thanks for doing so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                  I would still like clarification on my original post. Maybe I am just missing something:
                  It does seem that he likes to pull stuff out of "Wonderland" doesn't he?
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Im sick of beating a dead horse over and over again.

Upper management has made the decision to go with KO until this team is in the same hole as last year. Most of us might not like it but its reality and all these articles wont be changing anyone's mind soon.

I dont understand the situation, nor is it clear because if I was coach Fox, I would want to get the Tebow experiment out of the way as soon as possible to see if he is the future of this team.

Comment

But here's what needs to be done with Tebow and what CAN be done, and why I'm so excited about Tebow. If we can get it to the point where defenders have to get that depth in their drop, and even if they do everything perfect, he can still take off and pick up a first down. Then you get a guy to spy Tebow, well, that's one less guy in coverage, and he's going to pick you apart. Then you mush-rush Tebow. Well, he's just as comfortable in the pocket as he is running the ball, so now you just gave him more time to work with, he's going to pick you apart. So, you all out blitz him. He steps up in the pocket and takes off with a lot of field in front of him.

Tebow's got the potential to make a defense wrong no matter what they do. That's why he was drafted in the 1st round. He just needs to realize that potential. I'm a little frustrated with him because it seems to me that he took one step back instead of a step forward. But, sometimes you have to take that step back to move forward 3 steps. Hopefully all we're waiting on is those 3 steps forward.
                      These are all great points. There are a LOT of ifs, but IF the above happens, we'll have something special, which is why I think Elway's out there working with him.

They want this kid to succeed, but they're not going to jeopardize their chances of winning until they're confident he's got a reasonable chance of doing so.

Comment

• wow theres a lot of maybe in this thread !

Let's go with mine then:
                        1-Elway working with TT is a good thing, why would it be bad? At my job when I have chance to work with a senior 'champion' consultant I take my game and show what I am made of (got the best opportunities of my career doing so)

2-Elway's not working with KO...true or false? I dont dont but if it's true I would understand.why waste the time on a player that FUBAR'ed a deal with the Dolphins? and then ltting him go ? no major gain there I'd say

3-TT should make the best out of the opportunity because while TT does not have the mecanics Elways had at his age they both are competitive and driven to win. I'd say that this alone get the nod for John to come on down and see what he can do to help the develpopment of TT.
                        :logo:Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7:logo:

Adopted Broncos:
                        -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

I saw in the preseason game that Tim still brings the ball down by his hip when he throws. See the first pass below.

See the looping motion down by the waist?

Now watch Rodgers on a deep pass.

See the difference? See the compact motion? But then again, who would've thought we'd be looking at Rodgers for "how it's supposed to be done" when he was drafted out of Cal. No one would've called that.
                          Thanks for the video Crazy,i appreciated watching it

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy8
                            I understand the elongated motion works for Tebow, but here's the thing. Tebow supposedly worked all offseason to change that elongated motion and make it more compact. The argument by the naysayers is that when the bullets are flying, Tebow will always go back to the elongated motion. That's crap, because I didn't hear them saying that about Aaron Rodgers.

To me, I think the new motion is making him think instead of play. I'd rather he be a half second faster in his reads and decision than 3 tenths of a second faster on his release.

What chaps me about Tebow, and I am mad at him right now, is that he knew what he was going against in the league and in camp. He couldn't even get close against Orton? And now he might be overtaken by Quinn? What the heck is going on out there? Then you think back to the commercials and the book, and the appearances....ughhh.

I think we're on the same page with Tebow though. Thankfully.
                            As a big time TT fan, I want to choke the kid! I really want to tweet him with the video you posted to tell him he needs to stay in the pocket next after the first read!!! Because I know he can zip that ball into the end zone too. He has been proving the nersayers right by stubbornly using his feet too much. But I know he will get it someday, sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
                              I think Elway is kicking the tires on what he has. IMO he wants to see if Tebow can take instruction and improve. I'm pretty sure he will stay involved with all of the QBs as there is a lot at stake with next years QB draft class.
                              Thanx for putting my thoughts into words!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tebow Junky View Post
                                Saw Hoge on ESPN earlier today with his top 5 QBs in the NFL. He had Big Ben at #1 ahead of Manning and Brady. What does that tell you about Hoge? Asked where TT was, he said in the 100's list.
                                Ok, so...anyone who still doubts Hoge's lack of reason...

1st string 1-32.
                                2nd string 33-64
                                3rd string 65-96
                                4th string...well, here we find Tebow, according to the clearly unbiased, totally reasonable Hogey.

An emergency QB pulled out of the stands, given a helmet & told not to drop the ball.

Even you TT haters can't honestly think that. Doesnt really matter if his form & execution arent to your liking, to call him a 4th string QB quality is silly.

Hogey...heres what you need to do: Go into a walk-in freezer...get a mirror to look into...ok, say something. See that mist coming out of your mouth? Thats hyperbole. Try to avoid it.
                                Last edited by Trench777; 08-18-2011, 11:18 AM.
                                "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X