Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlyByU View Post
    OK thanks Al... and this was on Monday only or has it been all week the same thing. If it is the same help all week then I can assume that is the only thing Tebow needs to get down in order to start.
    I'm not sure if it was just Monday or all week. I just know it was a five step drop with a fade to the corner because a fan who was there posted a youtube video of it.

It's hard for me to imagine Elway having time to do it all week, but who knows.

edit:

Here's the video

Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 08-18-2011, 02:17 PM.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeCrushem View Post
      Define "we"...

Seems to me that Josh McDaniels insisted the Broncos give 3 picks for Tebow, and the FO at that time agreed. Elway has no vested interest in whether Tebow is a total flop or not other than the fact that he is now "GM" or whatever you want to call it. The Big E wasn't there when Tebow was picked, and if he was, Tebow would have never been picked by the Broncos in the first place. It's clear he likes Tebow as good kid and good football player, of which he is both, but Elway feels that Tebow doesn't currently have the skills to be a good NFL QB. That's why he's working with him. It goes to show those that were castigating Elway a few days ago that he is a decent guy who cares about the success of the BRONCOS, and that success DOES include the success of individual players.
      If i do recall Xanders and Ellis is in the front office so "we" is current.As long as Ellis and Xanders are in the FA it will be known as "we".

Elway was also quoted as saying he is a big fan of Tebow,why wouldn't he be.You can't say Tebow would not have been picked because you don't know that for sure.

Also if Elway thought Tebow didn't have the skills to start,why would Kyle be shopped around or be put on the trading block.I don't see Peyton Manning,Brady,or Aaron Rodgers being put on the trading block.
      Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 08-18-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
        If i do recall Xanders and Ellis is in the front office so "we" is current.As long as Ellis and Xanders are in the FA it will be known as "we".

Elway was also quoted as saying he is a big fan of Tebow,why wouldn't he be.You can't say Tebow would not have been picked because you don't know that for sure.

Also if Elway thought Tebow didn't have the skills to start,why would Kyle be shopped around or be put on the trading block.I don't see Peyton Manning,Brady,or Aaron Rodgers being put on the trading block.
        This seems to be something that most people who want to believe the FO has no confidence in Tebow want to ignore. Either they think Elway and Fox are idiots or just ignore the fact that the FO was fully ready to trade Orton and go with Tebow.

Do you really think they made that decision without analyzing everything and realizing the fact that Tebow might still need real work. I dont. I think more of Elway than that. He has said from day one that Tebow needs work, it didnt stop him from trying to rid the broncos of Orton and his contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by ohiotebow View Post
          You denied that Tebow consistently put up more points than Orton did. You were incorrect. Who has on blinders?
          Haha I think he does

Comment

• Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
            No, I totally disagree by saying Tebow "will never be an NFL QB or succeed in the NFL".. that is NOT the truth.. that is merely an opinion!!

Unless Hoge has a time machine he is hiding and went into the future like Marty McFly and actually saw what happens in the next decade of NFL seasons he should just shut up with the "never"!! He doesn't know.. he can't know and to tell the world he is right and speaks the truth is completely WRONG.

Color me a bleeding heart but, I don't like to see people get attacked and crucified for no real reason at all except that some loud mouth likes to hear himself speak.

I also don't understand why some Bronco fans think this kind of character assassination is ok. If Tim were a weaker person, or buckled under the pressure he is under that would be a bad thing for the Broncos... Tebow failing is not good for the Denver Broncos.. and those in the media are actually rooting for that so, in turn they are rooting against Denver!
            Honestly, Tim Tebow is a grown man scheduled to make millions of dollars for playing QB. He is subject to criticism....heavy criticism!

If you really had confidence in Tebow you'd sit back and wait for him to prove the naysayers wrong, instead of feeling like Tebow is getting bullied. Tebow's overcome it before and I'm sure he's using all this as motivation to do it again...

To call out Hoge for stating his opinion that Tebow "will never do this or that" is futile. Don't you all realize THAT'S HIS JOB! He's paid to give his opinion
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post

I disagree with your definition of "we". "We" at that time was a single "I" put in charge of managing a team and getting his way because the FO at that time thought he was a boy genius. There is no way John Elway would have allowed Tebow to be drafted in the first round, if at all! There is NO evidence whatsoever that even remotely suggests that to be the case, and there is PLENTY of evidence, including words out of Elway's own mouth that suggest otherwise, ie. "Good football player, not good QB".

Kyle Orton WANTED to be traded and the Broncos were willing to shop him around. Big difference. Want to know why? Ask the Denver Nuggets front office about wanting to get value for someone demanding a trade when he will be a free agent in the next year. Problem with Orton is he is valuing his skills more than anyone else. If a team gave Denver value for Orton, why WOULDN'T the Broncos have made the trade when they could accelerate the process of making the team better? It didn't have much to do with confidence in Tebow as a starter, IMHO. It was all about the TEAM, not handing the team over to Tebow.

And to keep it on topic, I'm glad Elway is taking the time to work with Tebow. As others have stated, however, it could be a double edged sword.
              Last edited by OrangeCrushem; 08-18-2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• some stuff he said is true. But to make absolutes like that is bias and clearly he has an agenda. Dude is an analyst, not a psychic.

Comment

• I'm not a big Tebow, Orton, or Quin fan, I'm a life long Bronco Fan. I just want the best QB to play, but it seems to me that if Hoge is such an expert on QB mechanics why isn't he coaching somewhere. Just wondering......
                  Last edited by OldschoolMorton; 08-18-2011, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
                    The real question is why some are defending Hoge?? This guy is a total jerk who attacks Tebow on a daily basis... he actually just did it again today on Sports Nation.

As a Bronco fan I am utterly disgusted and annoyed with the constant attacks... IF they were doing this to Orton (a QB I do not like) than I would also have the same reaction.. it would tick me off as a Bronco fan that he was attacking one of my own.

Is Tebow hatred really so strong that some want to defend a guy like Hoge who is proven to be a real hater?
                    Wow.

So anyone who expresses reservations about Tebow's ability to succeed at the NFL level is "hating?"

That's kind of a knee-jerk reaction and ad hominem attack against Hoge instead of what he actually said.

I guess that's where I have a problem. Merril Hoge talked about Tebow's problems on the field. Then posters here on the boards launched a flurry of personal attacks against Hoge instead of debating the points he brought up...
                    "That's a crap question."
                    - Kyle Orton

Comment

• K
                      Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                      Wow.

So anyone who expresses reservations about Tebow's ability to succeed at the NFL level is "hating?"

That's kind of a knee-jerk reaction and ad hominem attack against Hoge instead of what he actually said.

I guess that's where I have a problem. Merril Hoge talked about Tebow's problems on the field. Then posters here on the boards launched a flurry of personal attacks against Hoge instead of debating the points he brought up...
                      Its one thing to say I dont think he will be able to correct a b or c but Hoges rants have been very hateful. Question his abilities all day long as long as you are respectful of the person.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinjax View Post
                        K

Its one thing to say I dont think he will be able to correct a b or c but Hoges rants have been very hateful. Question his abilities all day long as long as you are respectful of the person.
                        Analysts, reporters, and fans are ALL very critical of players. Being "respectful" of the person is very subjective and quite frankly, not the norm at the professional level. Most NFL athletes have been treated "disrespectfully" at some point in their careers. It's part of the gig. Timmy's a big boy and he can take it like a big boy.
                        - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                          Analysts, reporters, and fans are ALL very critical of players. Being "respectful" of the person is very subjective and quite frankly, not the norm at the professional level. Most NFL athletes have been treated "disrespectfully" at some point in their careers. It's part of the gig. Timmy's a big boy and he can take it like a big boy.
                          Critical is fine and just about everyone has been critical of his abilities. .Hoge tries to make it personal. .As far as I know Tebow has never done anything to the man to warrant such hatred. There are players that have done horrible things and dont get the personal attacks.

Personally I think he is a repugnant little creep but he never seems to be correct in his evaluations so keep talking Hoge

Comment

Critical is fine and just about everyone has been critical of his abilities. .Hoge tries to make it personal. .As far as I know Tebow has never done anything to the man to warrant such hatred. There are players that have done horrible things and dont get the personal attacks.

Personally I think he is a repugnant little creep but he never seems to be correct in his evaluations so keep talking Hoge
                            When you listen to Hoge talk about Tebow it sounds like Tebow bullied him in grade school and now Hoge is taking it out on him

Comment

Just what has Hoge done to make it "personal?" Does he call Tebow names? Does he mock Tebow's virginity or faith? Does he make fun of Tebow's underwear ads?

From what I've seen, Merrill Hoge is strictly talking about Tebow's on-field performance and ability to succeed as an NFL QB.

Just where is Hoge getting so "personal" and "disrespectful?"
                              - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
                                Just what has Hoge done to make it "personal?" Does he call Tebow names? Does he mock Tebow's virginity or faith? Does he make fun of Tebow's underwear ads?

From what I've seen, Merrill Hoge is strictly talking about Tebow's on-field performance and ability to succeed as an NFL QB.

Just where is Hoge getting so "personal" and "disrespectful?"
                                Ill have to look up his quoyes when I am at a computer..Ive not learned to copy and paster on my phone yet..besides Im in the bath so Ive reached my multitasking limits

Comment

Working...
                                X