Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stuckinjax View Post
    I dont think anyone is disputing that fact. Also if you are familiar with Tebow then you know his frustration is aimed at himself
    Orton and Quinn both did a great job and deserve kudos and the reps but as usual any observation of Tebow causes a backlash.
    Yea no joke....earlier someone said that the one pass to tebow was a very nice pass but very good coverage and they started accusing us of being biased....
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinjax View Post
      ...any observation of Tebow causes a backlash.
      You got that right...and that's true for BOTH sides. I'm not referring to you specifically, as you are probably the most level headed Tebow fan on this board.

I'm glad the Broncos won! They looked good, and I'm glad Fox got his first win :thumb:

Comment

• Well Tebow did kind of get a slap in the face but. Quinn did earn his time and I am glad he got it
        sigpic
        MILE HIGH MAGIC HAPPENS IN ORANGE!

2011 Adopt a Bronco: The Beast off the Bench Adam Weber!!!

Originally posted by Jay3
        Yes. For two Super Bowls I would be willing to carpet bomb Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
          I really dont understand, is it just me, or is Tebow gettin baby treatment.

"He looked frustrated?! Oh poor thing..."

Have we ever cared before if a 3rd string QB is frustrated in a game we won???????

When he doesn't play there's a conspiracy, when he DOES play he gets the automatic excuse of "he's only in his 2nd year he's not gonna know everything. He looks better than any other QB in their 2nd year bla bla bla"

What's with all the EXCUSES?!?!?!
          Very true, a lot of hand holding going on.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Well if that's the route we choose to take then teach him to block and make him a full back because we desperately need one and he's got the build.
            Sounds good. He's got too much athletic ability to waste it as a QB with bad technique. It sucks to have a guy who could be such an asset to the team sitting on the sidelines when it's obvious team management don't see a future for him at QB. Nobody else is beating the doors down to trade for him either. He could have a great NFL career but it probably won't be at QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
              Yes he will. God you guys are such whiners. He will play. It's not a big deal. He's not being cut tomorrow
              Actually it is rather unlikely he will play, since it's week 3 more likely than not Orton will play well into the 2nd half and the backup (Quinn) will take over midway through the 3rd and likely finish off the game.
              sigpic

Comment

• In all seriousness, the preseason is about evaluating talent and showcasing potential trade bait. The Broncos know what they have in Tebow. I really think tonight was about evaluating Quinn more than it was about "demoting" Tebow.

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeCrushem View Post
                  You got that right...and that's true for BOTH sides. I'm not referring to you specifically, as you are probably the most level headed Tebow fan on this board.

I'm glad the Broncos won! They looked good, and I'm glad Fox got his first win :thumb:
                  Thank you. I just wish people didnt think they have to tear apart 1 person to prop up the other..both sides are guilty. I thought FL / GA weekend was brutal but thats a cake walk compared to here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    Yea no joke....earlier someone said that the one pass to tebow was a very nice pass but very good coverage and they started accusing us of being biased....
                    That was me who said that actually

Cause when Orton throws and incompletion, all you see is an incompletion, when Quinn threw a pick that was tipped at the line of scrimmage, it was a terrible decision, but when Tebow throws an incompletion, its seen in a whole new light, it was a great throw, but better coverage.

I'm not against Tebow, and the throw may have been nice, but my whole point is why cant Orton and Quinn get in that same light? Why cant any excuses be made for them ALSO?!

I know it's futile to ask for equality, but I'm havin lots of fun pointing this out
                    Last edited by Return of Lava; 08-20-2011, 09:24 PM.
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ferren View Post
                      Sounds good. He's got too much athletic ability to waste it as a QB with bad technique. It sucks to have a guy who could be such an asset to the team sitting on the sidelines when it's obvious team management don't see a future for him at QB. Nobody else is beating the doors down to trade for him either. He could have a great NFL career but it probably won't be at QB.
                      I can say with 99% certainty Tebow will not switch positions. He would rather go back to baseball ( which he is better at than football) than change position

Comment

• Originally posted by roughrider59 View Post
                        In all seriousness, the preseason is about evaluating talent and showcasing potential trade bait. The Broncos know what they have in Tebow. I really think tonight was about evaluating Quinn more than it was about "demoting" Tebow.
                        and, for tonight's game, about keeping fans in the newly-named "Sports Authority" stadium through the 4th quarter.

Comment

Cause when Orton throws and incompletionall you see is an incompletion, when Quinn threw a pick that was tipped at the line of scrimmage, it was a terrible decision, but when Tebow throws an incompletion, its seen in a whole new light, it was a great throw, but better coverage.

I'm not against Tebow, and the throw may have been nice, but my whole point is why cant Orton and Quinn get in that same light? Why cant any excuses be made for them ALSO?!

I know it's futile to ask for equality, but I'm havin lots of fun pointing this out
                          But it does go both ways... Tebow throws 1 incompletion last week and it's a highlight and talking about his footwork and blah blah blah. Oh he ran on 3rd and 16 instead of taking a sack blah blah blah..

Its bad on all sides of the argument

Comment

Cause when Orton throws and incompletionall you see is an incompletion, when Quinn threw a pick that was tipped at the line of scrimmage, it was a terrible decision, but when Tebow throws an incompletion, its seen in a whole new light, it was a great throw, but better coverage.

Did I say anything negative about orton and quinn and the way they played? I'd love for you to find a post proving I said any of those things because I didn't, and likely the other people saying the tebow pass was a nice pass with good coverage didn't say it either.

All your accomplishing buy "pointing this out" is showing how little you care for tebow (which hey that's your right so go for it) but you can't hold an entire group of people accountable for what some of them do..... Maybe next time before directing things at me or other posters because of what was being said about other players you should check to see if I actually said any of those things (which I didn't)

Because I actually had plenty of nice things to say about orton and Quinn (even though I admitedly do not like orton)
                            sigpic

Comment

• He gets four plays. 1-2 throwing, a sack, and running for a first down. 4 PLAYS? THAT'S RIDICULOUS! HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO EVALUATE A QB AFTER THAT? HOW'S HE SUPPOSED TO PROVE/SHOW ANYTHING WITH THAT? QUINN had that on 1 DRIVE, LET ALONE A QUARTER!
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                                He gets four plays. 1-2 throwing, a sack, and running for a first down. 4 PLAYS? THAT'S RIDICULOUS! HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO EVALUATE A QB AFTER THAT? HOW'S HE SUPPOSED TO PROVE/SHOW ANYTHING WITH THAT? QUINN had that on 1 DRIVE, LET ALONE A QUARTER!
                                Who says they need to or want to evaluate him ?

Comment

Working...
                                X