Tim Tebow Part 4 (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will admit that I am a Tebow fan.

I watched the game last night so I could see Tim play. Was I disappointed that he only received a handful of plays? Yes.

However, the Bronco's as a TEAM look much better than last year. It really is hard to say what will happen when pre-season is over and when the games actually count.

What I took away from what happened last night was mentioned a couple of times on this thread. They wanted to see what Quinn could do with the 2nd team. No harm no foul; you have to see what each QB can do.

I do not think it was a plan of the coaches to play Tim for only a handful of snaps. I think that he was pulled after the slide and hit on the sidelines. The coaches do not want to risk Tim being hurt in any way just like if Orton or Quinn started getting roughed up they would have been pulled as well.

I think that just about everyone on this message board will agree that Orton will be the starter. I would almost bet that everyone on this message board will also agree that Tebow will be used in special packages and goal line situations.

I also think that due to Tebow's popularity, the coaching staff is trying to kill all the talk and arguments surrounding Tebow. JMHO that they want everything to quiet down so the ENTIRE TEAM can get focused on the upcoming season.

Yes, I am new to the board and yes this is my first post. I am a Tebow fan and because of this I am now watching and supporting the Bronco's. It can't be all bad.

Comment

• O
      Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
      Funny how with Tebow it's FRUSTRATED.

But if it's Orton, he's POUTING.

Gotta luv the double standard...

I think the difference is Tebow is upset with himself..when they showed him on the sidelines during the game he was excited when his mates did well and talking to Brady before and after plays.

Orton sat alone on the bench last year and looked like he had been sedated. Maybe thats his way of showing frustration..everyone is different. But there is no need to call for a double standard..those of us who are uber familiar with him observed he was frustrated with HIMSELF..perhaps when we had the situation last year you could have provided us with insight on how Kyle handles frustration and we would not have spent the last 8 months saying he was mopey
      Last edited by stuckinjax; 08-21-2011, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -DenverBroncos- View Post
        Originally posted by Setsuna00 View Post
        I think Denver needs to let him go. Someone else can appreciate him more, because I don't think he is their future.
        So we can have Peyton Hillis 2.0?

There's no point releasing him right now or even trying to trade him.

Orton is gone next year and is lucky it wasn't this year.

Quinn's contract is up this year and if he wants a multi year contract for decent money he's probably going to have to go elsewhere.

That would just leave Tebow and whoever EFX draft early on in the 2012 draft and that would leave Tebow with a decent chance of at least getting a few more games under his belt which should hopefully be enough time to prove he is the future.
        There are a couple of reasons why they might want to release the Tebow (and not in the way his fans want).
        • 1. He doesn't fit John Fox's Offense AT ALL
        • 2. He's due an advance on the remaining years of his contract of over $6M on the 29th day of the league year
        • 3. As long as Tebow is here, the "QB controversy" will continue to rage and Tebow fans will scream for him to start every time Orton throws an incompletion, is sacked or picked off - regardless of how well KO may actually be doing.

You may or may not agree with any of those reasons, but it looks doubtful that Tebow will get a real shot in Denver while Fox is the coach. Since he has little trade value right now, it may be best to release him outright ASAP so that he can strike the best possible deal with a team better suited to Timmy's talents...
        "That's a crap question."
        - Kyle Orton

Comment

• You are a fool if you think Tebow leaves before Orton. He is pretty damn good for a 3 game vet.

Comment

• WOW - If I could only go back and pull up old threads.....

I asked if we should think about going after a QB and everyone was Tebow this Tebow that.....

I hope he turns it around but I have found if the majority of educated people in that field tells you that someone is not going to work, 95% they are right

Traded him during off season when it would have been PRO-TEBOW, now he is losing value daily

This is going to be another " McDummy got us " again
            We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by neckbeard View Post
              There are a couple of reasons why they might want to release the Tebow (and not in the way his fans want).
              • 2. He's due an advance on the remaining years of his contract of over $6M on the 29th day of the league year
              • 3. As long as Tebow is here, the "QB controversy" will continue to rage and Tebow fans will scream for him to start every time Orton throws an incompletion, is sacked or picked off - regardless of how well KO may actually be doing.

You may or may not agree with any of those reasons, but it looks doubtful that Tebow will get a real shot in Denver while Fox is the coach. Since he has little trade value right now, it may be best to release him outright ASAP so that he can strike the best possible deal with a team better suited to Timmy's talents...
              Well they better do it soon cause they have what 10 or so days?

I just dont see Elway working with him and then dumping him. Elway has said he is a great football player we have to yurn him into a great QB..Elway also knows if he doesnt do it some other team will.

Orton will start this season so calm down and quit worrying about Tebow.

Comment

Man, u just love rubbin this in others faces huh? Nice ...

Orton will start, but I really doubt he's here next year so enjoy this cuz next year you'll have another team you can be Kyle's cheerleader for

Comment

• There has been and always will be a QB controversy where ever Orton starts...

This has nothing to do with Fans or Tebow - Its all about Orton being a true #2

He is an unconsistant QB and makes the same mistakes he did at Purdue

Thats the truth and everything else is .......
                  We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

1. You may be right about that. Tebow's challenge is to mold himself to better fit Fox's offense, and then hope Fox will meet him halfway.

2.That's an interesting point. From what I can tell Tebow has about 8.7 million in guarantees, but Quinn has about $7.7. Quinn's the 42nd highest paid QB, and Tebow is the 33rd.

3. I'm guessing if they release Tebow in the first week or two of the season, the screaming would be even more hysterical every time Orton throws an incompletion, is sacked or picked off.

Comment

• Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
                      Man, u just love rubbin this in others faces huh? Nice ...

Orton will start, but I really doubt he's here next year so enjoy this cuz next year you'll have another team you can be Kyle's cheerleader for
                      Who says Orton is going anywhere?

He is a perfect fit for a John Fox Offense. He's playing well so far. The players and coaches apparently believe in him now. He's said that he and his wife like Colorado and want to stay.

Where is Orton's motivation to leave? Where's the Broncos motivation to let him go?
                      "That's a crap question."
                      - Kyle Orton

Comment

• Originally posted by theflammer View Post
                        There has been and always will be a QB controversy where ever Orton starts...

This has nothing to do with Fans or Tebow - Its all about Orton being a true #2

He is an unconsistant QB and makes the same mistakes he did at Purdue

Thats the truth and everything else is .......
                        Yep I find it hard to believe that it's a coincidence too. Orton stunk up the joint so bad they went back to Grossman. I guess all the Grossman zealots took over there too. Orton has never been a game changing QB decent yes possibly even good at times but never elite.
                        sigpic

Comment

• people oversee the fact that this year it does not matter if you are the second or the third QB, both will be active at game time

So its logical for fox to see what can each of them do in the preseason, I don't understand the whining and crying
                          sigpicI am from BRONCOLOMBIA

Comment

• What I learned while playing softball and cheerleading was the person you like the least is the person you are most concerned about unseating you. This thread started to discuss how Tebow seems frustrated with himself not with the Team..not with Orton or Quinn..himself..but the same people always come in and try to start fights if they see the name Tebow. Why are you so obsessed with Tebow failing? If your guy is so great then Tebow isnt a threat. .And dont give me the Tebow fans malarky..some are looney but most of the fierce defense starts because the same people keep attacking him. Orton and Quinn are doing well..go enjoy it..stop obsessing about Tebow

Comment

Who says Orton is going anywhere?

He is a perfect fit for a John Fox Offense. He's playing well so far. The players and coaches apparently believe in him now. He's said that he and his wife like Colorado and want to stay.

Where is Orton's motivation to leave? Where's the Broncos motivation to let him go?
                              If EFX were happy to ship off Orton only a few weeks ago he's going to have to do something special to be here next year.

And I mean something really special to make people think he's got over the last 6 years of medicrocy.

You can try and throw around your whole "he gets better every year" (which isn't even true) but that just isn't going to happen.

Just remember Neckbeard, this was a glorified scrimmage against a God awful Bills team, don't be getting to smug.

Comment

• Originally posted by TampaTebow1! View Post
                                He wont play next week. If so it will be like 1 to 2 series. week 3 is always where they play the starters most of the game... He hit the guy in the hands, ran for a first down, threw for a first down... He is a good NFL qb, its time to trade him... This is it this year. You either go 10-6 with Orton as starter which I think is very possible and renew his contract, trade tebow keep Brady as backup or you trade Kyle and keep Tebow and Brady, isnt room enough or fair enough for the three of them after this year. If I am Tebow I say I am out... Trade me. he wouldn"t do that but he should... Its no big deal, it happens... You can't tell me Tarvis Jackson, Mccoy, Henne, Fitzpatrick, just to name a few are better than Tim Tebow. They aren't... He isnt near the bust people want to make him out to be...
                                Tebow is without a doubt worse than all those QBs you just mentioned. He would be the single worst starting QB in the league. Frankly he would be worse than almost every backup in the league. Will he ever get better? Meh, I tend to doubt it, but he could. He's just nowhere near where he needs to be at this point. And this is from someone who can't stand Orrin as a QB either.

Comment

Working...
                                X