• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Tebow produced 11.2 yards per attempt
    Orton produced 9.0 yards per attempt
    Quinn produced 8.3 yards per attempt

I don't see how you can make Tebow look bad with those stats.

Looks like he's doing a good job with the very limited attempts he's getting.

11.2 YPA? Not bad at all.
    If you take out the one big throw to Willis, which is an outlier in such a small sample size his average comes down to 7.25/attempt
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      If you take out the one big throw to Willis, which is an outlier in such a small sample size his average comes down to 7.25/attempt
      So now you're gonna take away good throws to make Tebow look bad? We're reaching new lows here folks.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
        Tony Romo was an even bigger project actually.
        The one thing Tony had going for him was the fact that he was pinpoint accurate.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

So now you're gonna take away good throws to make Tebow look bad? We're reaching new lows here folks.
          Lol. Your love for Tebow is soooo funny.

He said the reason he took it away. BECAUSE OF THE SMALL SAMPLE SIZE.

There just isn't enough data, especially for you trying to rub it in the faces of Quinn and Orton.

Keep on keepin' on Rodd. :thumb:
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

You don't have outliers in small sample sizes.

You know, because it's a small sample size, you don't know what's an outlier and what's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
              Lol. Your love for Tebow is soooo funny.

He said the reason he took it away. BECAUSE OF THE SMALL SAMPLE SIZE.

There just isn't enough data, especially for you trying to rub it in the faces of Quinn and Orton.

Keep on keepin' on Rodd. :thumb:
              Since we can take things away because of the small sample size, we can also completely ignore the 2 attempts against Buffalo.

And then Tebow has an amazing 13.0 YPA during preseason.

I'm not even trying to rub it in the faces of Quinn and Orton. I am showing official stats that can be seen at NFL.com.

Can you blame Tebow for his 11.2 YPA? He's doing the best he can with the limited reps the coaches gave him. And 11.2 YPA is a good job for a young QB.

I think you're paranoid.
              sigpic

Comment

If we take out the longest throw by all 3 QBs, Tebows was 43, Quinn's was 26, and Ortons was 29 you come up with an average of:

Orton-7.9
                Quinn-7.7
                Tebow-7.2

you also have to consider that 42% of Tebows yards came on 1 throw. Without that 1 throw his stats would not look nearly as good....6/8 for 58 yards. 1 throw should not save him.
                Last edited by broncos SB2010; 08-21-2011, 02:03 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

If we take out the longest throw by all 3 QBs, Tebows was 43, Quinn's was 26, and Ortons was 29 you come up with an average of:

Orton-7.9
                  Quinn-7.7
                  Tebow-7.2
                  You just showed that Tebow made the best deep throw among Broncos QBs. I always knew he had a good deep throw.

Good for Tim!
                  sigpic

Comment

Since we can take things away because of the small sample size, we can also completely ignore the 2 attempts against Buffalo.

And then Tebow has an amazing 13.0 YPA during preseason.

I'm not even trying to rub it in the faces of Quinn and Orton. I am showing official stats that can be seen at NFL.com.

Can you blame Tebow for his 11.2 YPA? He's doing the best he can with the limited reps the coaches gave him. And 11.2 YPA is a good job for a young QB.

I think you're paranoid.

Yes. It isn't bad, never said it wasn't.

But with such a small sample size, 11.2 YPA really doesn't mean much. You can't honestly believe as the starting QB, he'll hover around 11.2 YPA, can you?

No paranoia, just the lengths you go to defend him is pretty humorous. Especially when you completely ignore the posters post, explaining the reason he took it out was due to the small sample size, not just to make Tebow look worse.

It was a great pass to Willis, check the LR, posted about it in here, those are the throws that get me really excited about Tebow.
                    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• If Tebow is so willing to help the team, and is such a team player and selfless, why WOULDN'T he be willing to do this? He's always said he'll do whats asked of him for the good of the team, right?

Someone in another thread mentioned the $ factor..At least the Broncos would be getting some value for him if he played another position.

BTW- CoreyWinget81, who is that in your avatar?

Comment

You just showed that Tebow made the best deep throw among Broncos QBs. I always knew he had a good deep throw.

Good for Tim!
                        Yes, he did. No one is arguing that.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -DenverBroncos- View Post
                          You don't have outliers in small sample sizes.

You know, because it's a small sample size, you don't know what's an outlier and what's not.
                          incomplete, incomplete, 10, 13, 43, 12, 7, 10, 6

which of these would you call the aberration and not the norm?
                          sigpic

Comment

• I'm starting to wish that we never drafted Tebow. These boards are just not the same with all the fanboys who aren't even Broncos fans. I just want my team back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                              Yes. It isn't bad, never said it wasn't.

But with such a small sample size, 11.2 YPA really doesn't mean much. You can't honestly believe as the starting QB, he'll hover around 11.2 YPA, can you?

No paranoia, just the lengths you go to defend him is pretty humorous. Especially when you completely ignore the posters post, explaining the reason he took it out was due to the small sample size, not just to make Tebow look worse.
                              I'm not even discussing Tebow as the starting QB and I never said he would keep 11.2 YPA as a starting QB in the NFL.

I just saw the stats: "Tebow 7/9 for 101 yards 0 TDs" and translated into yards per attempt.

You are talking about "small sample size". If Tebow had a 5.0 YPA with the same sample size, would you say that's okay because of the small sample size?

I have no doubt that a low YPA in 9 pass attempts would serve as more ammo to criticize Tebow. But since the YPA stat is too high, it's just because of the small sample size.

I'm looking at the stats. "Tebow 7/9 for 101 yards 0 TDs".

Is Tebow doing a good job in the preseason? I think so. Small sample size. But if his stats were 3/9 for 45 yards 1 INT... The small sample size would be more than enough for some people.

EDIT: the problem here is obvious. Do you want to evaluate Tebow better? Give him more reps.
                              Last edited by -Rod-; 08-21-2011, 02:16 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Another rpoblem is that folks keep crediting QBs for RBs TDs. If that's the case when do the RBs get credit for their work? If they didn't throw it into the End Zone it isn't their TD. Plain and simple!

Comment

Working...
                                X